Amazing! :wub: Now build this

:tongue:

Since when does lego make carbon fiber bricks? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I expect that in the Netherlands you have the same types of "modul roadtrain" as in Denmark.

These are the four approved types. Type 1 and Type 3 is the most used in Denmark.

post-15617-0-29135900-1444764556_thumb.png

Who the fifth wheel works on a link-trailer.

Here are the rules for vehicle weights in EU :wink:

http://www.transport...vehicle_weights

I was so bussy reading and writing with kiwi_builder that I entirely missed your input...sorry... :blush::wink:

As far as I can tell those configurations as shown in the picture you shared are common here in the Netherlands as well. You are right about it! Probably is Type 1 most used...

That is exactly what I mean with the extended fifth wheel chassis. Someday I will build such thing, it is just amazing how these things work... :thumbup::wub:

Amazing! :wub: Now build this

:tongue:

Thanks! Yep, maybe... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Those curves would be challenging...!

You never know what happens next... :tongue:

Thanx Ingmar for the instructions of the fifth wheel. Yet another question. What kind of kingpin are you using with it?

Thanx Ingmar for the instructions of the fifth wheel. Yet another question. What kind of kingpin are you using with it?

I'm pretty sure it's a 3L pin with stop mounted so that the stop and about one stud of it are sticking out of the bottom.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::tongue:

I'm pretty sure it's a 3L pin with stop mounted so that the stop and about one stud of it are sticking out of the bottom.

That is correct, it is exactly as Kiwi_Builder describes! Actually it is sticking out just a little over half a stud. The parts of the fifth wheel that keep it in place are only half a stud in thickness... Does that make sense Henkl?

Yes Ingmar, that is clear. I will give it a try to build it on my own new truck but the only thing i have got are some pictures and drawings.

Man, you were early today. 4.14 am dutch time?

Yes Ingmar, that is clear. I will give it a try to build it on my own new truck but the only thing i have got are some pictures and drawings.

Man, you were early today. 4.14 am dutch time?

Good luck then!!! :classic: Yeah well that is a good start though. Having pictures and drawings is what is essentially all start with... :thumbup:

Yep! :classic:

This is a beautiful Aussie truck, I showed my Dad this and it brought him back some memories of when he drove one in a ridged truck truck and dog config, so he loves it. As a thought have you considered the 35m B triple we run here in Australia as a moc.

This is a beautiful Aussie truck, I showed my Dad this and it brought him back some memories of when he drove one in a ridged truck truck and dog config, so he loves it. As a thought have you considered the 35m B triple we run here in Australia as a moc.

Thanks so much especially from someone (you and also your Dad off course :classic: ) who lives in Australia. If you recognize it an Aussie I probably did my job well... :wink: I realize it is not "extreme", it is kept low on accessories though...

Could you please clarify how a "ridged truck truck and dog config" would look like probably? :blush: Having no clue living so far from where you live... :wink: It sounds interesting that is for sure!

Yes I have considered building such a road train for sure. Basically two things are drawing me back though:

A) building a single trailer is fun, but building three trailers that are quite equal in design for me is not really appealing :blush:

B) if I would build one the total combination probably would be to heavy to be driving around with :sceptic:

The later is important to me as you might know. Equipping a model with PF is major to me... :wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Ingmar, you did a roadtrain in the past. Your Elphinstone easyloader, the one we discussed years ago on Lowlug.

Ingmar, you did a roadtrain in the past. Your Elphinstone easyloader, the one we discussed years ago on Lowlug.

That is true, that really was a great build. Took it apart to fast... :sceptic: However it is not a 35 meter road train... :wink:

G'day Ingmar. Here is a page that shows what combinations we run in Australia. I mostly drive the Semi trailer and the Ridged super dog and inching to get into Road trains. Again I love your truck.

Ok so I've now found out that I'll get my parts to build the truck in two or three weeks and I will build it directly in TNL colours. That's where you come in, do you have an easy way to get the parts list for just the bodywork? I'll need to replace all of the bodywork pieces with their counterparts in blue/white so having the parts list of just them would make it far easier. Otherwise I'll spend a few hours trying to put it together :wink:

G'day Ingmar. Here is a page that shows what combinations we run in Australia. I mostly drive the Semi trailer and the Ridged super dog and inching to get into Road trains. Again I love your truck.

Thanks, great to have such a list with all possible options :thumbup: Looking at it starts me wonder whether I should build one actually. In my previous message I wrote for me it lacks challenges, but now that is changed... :wink:

What is not changed is the weight of such combination though...so I'll see what I'll do... Again thanks for your input!!!

Ok so I've now found out that I'll get my parts to build the truck in two or three weeks and I will build it directly in TNL colours. That's where you come in, do you have an easy way to get the parts list for just the bodywork? I'll need to replace all of the bodywork pieces with their counterparts in blue/white so having the parts list of just them would make it far easier. Otherwise I'll spend a few hours trying to put it together :wink:

This mean you didn't order the actual colors I assume... :classic: Okay, to your question. What parts list are you using? The BrickStock version or the "image" version? For you I hope that you use the BrickStock version... :laugh:

About changing the colors, that is a little more complex I'm afraid. For example the orange striping is mainly build with 1 x 1 plates. If I would give it another color I really would look into the parts use again. You already have an idea of how it will look like in the TNL colors? From there you should basically start rebuilding the cabin IMHO.

Probably this also saves you quite some money in stead of a combination of 1 x 1 and 1 x 2 plates you could use 1 x 6 or 1 x 8...

I think what I'll do is I'll build the cab and bonnet in LDD and then modify it for TNL colours, hopefully that should work. I'll have one LDD with the original parts and one with the new version and remove the old ones from the parts list and replace them with the ones in the LDD.

I think what I'll do is I'll build the cab and bonnet in LDD and then modify it for TNL colours, hopefully that should work. I'll have one LDD with the original parts and one with the new version and remove the old ones from the parts list and replace them with the ones in the LDD.

Probably that works best. Doing so digitally makes it a lot easier! Well good luck and have fun doing this...

So I've struck a problem where I'm about to go and build the cab in LDD so I go to MOCPlans and find that it's got a Malware problem... I don't really want to on the website when it says that 18 out of 20 tested MOCPlans pages had Malware detected that download without permission. You can see it for yourself if you visit there of course. *Sigh* Everything can't go perfectly all the time I guess :sceptic:

In better news I have found that the Metalwork teacher I know has an aluminium rod the right diameter to fit in the pin hole. I just have to wait for him to get a bit more as that I'm looking at 2100mm of the stuff :laugh:

So I've struck a problem where I'm about to go and build the cab in LDD so I go to MOCPlans and find that it's got a Malware problem... I don't really want to on the website when it says that 18 out of 20 tested MOCPlans pages had Malware detected that download without permission. You can see it for yourself if you visit there of course. *Sigh* Everything can't go perfectly all the time I guess :sceptic:

Really?!? Have you contacted Chase to tell him about it? He runs the entire site himself and only serves PDF, so I don't see how it would have malware.

Really?!? Have you contacted Chase to tell him about it? He runs the entire site himself and only serves PDF, so I don't see how it would have malware.

We are working on fixing this issue. Something happened on Friday and its not yet been resolved. It looked like it was an issue with the hosting company but it now appears as though there was a direct attack at the site. The site has been scrubbed once already and we are waiting for another scan by the hosting company to see what else needs to be done.

Very sorry about the delay in getting access to the files.

I didn't know who ran it so now I know for next time. Turns out he found us anyway so it's alright.

We are working on fixing this issue. Something happened on Friday and its not yet been resolved. It looked like it was an issue with the hosting company but it now appears as though there was a direct attack at the site. The site has been scrubbed once already and we are waiting for another scan by the hosting company to see what else needs to be done.

Thanks for clearing that up and finding us here. I'll just have to wait until this gets sorted out and then I can make progress, just let us know when everything's up and running again :classic:

In better news I have found that the Metalwork teacher I know has an aluminium rod the right diameter to fit in the pin hole. I just have to wait for him to get a bit more as that I'm looking at 2100mm of the stuff :laugh:

You are right to not enter...thanks for sharing!

That is indeed great news!!! Seems like your project really gets started now... :thumbup::wink:

That is indeed the best thing to do and so I did. Luckily he already knew about it! :classic:

Thanks for this message and we will just be waiting in the trust that you have it all under control... :thumbup::classic: Thanks Chase for the effort you put in!!!

I didn't know who ran it so now I know for next time. Turns out he found us anyway so it's alright.

Thanks for clearing that up and finding us here. I'll just have to wait until this gets sorted out and then I can make progress, just let us know when everything's up and running again :classic:

Indeed and I am glad Chase commented himself here right away! And yes please keep us updated...

To you Kiwi_Builder, thanks for your patience and understanding...

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I thought it was just my laptop giving me a fit on Saturday. Hope you can get it cleaned up quick!

Does anyone have any idea when the site will be back up and running as I have plans purchased and want to start building . Cheers

Does anyone have any idea when the site will be back up and running as I have plans purchased and want to start building . Cheers

I did send Chase an email about a couple of minutes ago. Obviously we all are waiting for it be back up and running as soon as possible... I really understand you want to start building! Please hold on a little longer...we keep you updated!