legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Probably that they had their dragons all the time !! I'm guessing that according to the dragon chromatic: the skellie's dragon were red/black, and this one is green ;-)

*yoda*

I bet the Skellies got a bit of a shock when the King pulled that out from...wherever he had it hidden. :-D

I wasn't going to buy and Troll sets as I wasn't overly inspired, but I must have that Dragon...argh! LEGO have done it to me again!! :-D :-D

Dr. S.

Probably that they had their dragons all the time !! I'm guessing that according to the dragon chromatic: the skellie's dragon were red/black, and this one is green ;-)

*yoda*

Oh yeah, wonder why they didn't use their dragon to save their castle then? :-D

This one looks no better than the last one (talkin about the dragon) but I like the colour!

Up and Atom! :-)

That fantastic image comes from retail catalog for 2008, available for shops that sell LEGO.

It must be from the same catalog where we got the SW pics from!

Hmm must find this catalog.....

A green dragon guarding a castle? Reminds me of Jane and the Dragon! :-P

It must be from the same catalog where we got the SW pics from!

Hmm must find this catalog.....

Every little shop selling LEGO has this catalog available. So... ^_^

iamded, do you actually watch that show? :-P

What do you think of the dragons then?

And Julencin, have you seen said catalog?

Up and Atom! :-)

Every little shop selling LEGO has this catalog available. So... ^_^

Then why dosnt some one post all the pics in the "catalogue" then??

Do u have it???

I went to my local shops today but i only found the 2007 one.

thanks for the photos christian!

looks like tlc went overboard with castle. look at all the new molds. there's at least 2 diff dwarf beards. at least 2 diff dwarf helmets. pity, the more i look at the orcs, the more i find the helmets disgusting. yuck! but other than that....yay!!!! green orcs! not sand green but green orcs!!!

Wow great find christian, will the new pics ever stop X-D Ohhhh boy these sets just keep getting better and better!!

The mining set seems to include:

2 different helemts for the dwarfs

2 different orc swords

Yellow hands on the orcs?? prelim pics perhaps?

The new tower looks like a fun and easy build, 4 figs included from what i can see.

The small set is great for us army builders, cheap way to get lots of those bad orcs and heroic dwarfs X-D

would prefer the army builder set to include the gimli helmet (without the wings) instead. the captain america helmet should be limited to captains and the mountain king (as seen in the mining set!) :-P

i don't think we will be seeing more factions in 2008. :-P but i hope they bring back more classic castle helmets like this one.

Wow, you do really want to make me die of happiness. *wub*

-7036: looks smaller than I thought

Edited by Shakar

All the images that appear today are from at least 3 different catalogs..... and ALL shops in Europe has a catalog now.....

but i love green orcs! :-(

the silver gimli dwarf seems to be holding something in his left hand. wonder what it is...

Go sand green *wub* :-P

I haven't noticed that 8-

i guess i must be the only one who isnt very happy about this

the sets look a bit cheaper and more empty than last year.

TLC does this every time...take for ecxaple exo-force

the first year was great in quality

then it went out the door!

the trolls and all the minifigs look amazing but the sets dont look all that great to me.

7036 has great playability but not that well designed (IMO)

the tower looks ok

and that chariot-thing looks very good

the small set is very bad!

that is a KK catapult..

nothing new about it!!

lego could have used the skellies in this year

i think they got rid of them too soon.

lets wait and see what the good guys get!

i hope they get a castle as good as last year!

Cool new pics, thanks! As to the sets... not sure what to think. I like the mine concept, something that's actually different, but my first impression is that these sets are a step backwards. I'll have to get 'em all next year and find out for sure though. :-)

What cool Dwarves!!! *sweet*

I don't like the Orcs but the Dwarves are just like I pictured them, couldn't have made 'em better myself X-D ;-) Look at those beefy Dwarves with their huge axes that seem impossible to lift, look at their thick beards, I absolutely *wub* them! Why I don't like the orcs? They are too skinny and... Simple for my liking :-/ As for the sets... They seem a bit ''empty'' to me :-/ But who cares, when ye got Dwarves that mine and drink ale! X-D Got a bit carried away, thanks for the find, Christian ;-)

the trolls and all the minifigs look amazing but the sets dont look all that great to me.

the tower looks ok

that is a KK catapult..

nothing new about it!!

You know the more i look at the pics the more im sure that most of the new castle set pics could be prelim pics (not the boat one), i remember quite a lot of viking ones just like these showing up that were prelim ones.

I agree that the small set dosent look all that good, so hopefully lego will change this.

If I recall, doesn't the7036 Dwarf Mining come out this November? So that means the only set we have not seen is 7040 Attack on the Dwarsfmine which also comes out in April.

-Chuck

Edited by Chuck

And don't forget the two impulse sets. *sweet* Can't wait to see them...

Shakar

the tower looks ok

that is a KK catapult..

nothing new about it!!

Nope, you're not the only one. I had the same thought. I love the IDEA of the mine set, because it's something new and different that Lego has never done before. But the execution of it is a bit lacking. It's just another empty pillars-and-arches construction that we've seen countless times in the past few years. It's hard to fully judge the set based on this one picture, but it doesn't look like there's much to it. The mini-figs are terrific though, no doubt about that.

And seriously, can we STOP ALREADY with the &^%$-ing catapults?!?!? Do Lego designers get a bonus check based on how many catapults that can put in a set?? Ugh.

But that Troll Attack Ship ... wow. That is a nifty looking set. I haven't bought a Castle set in 15 years, but they are reeeeally tempting me that with that bad boy.

I kind of agree the set quality has declined with this release...

Yuck, I don't like the goblin helmets... The dwarfs look good though, I'm especially keen on their beards. Hopefully they'll fit with the Viking helmets too.

Is that sword the dwarf blacksmith working on in the mine two-toned or is it just the photography? Looks like we get a new pick too... I'd rather they just used to old pick and gave us an new pig or other animal...

I don't know how those knights expect to defend that tower, when the siege engine is bigger than the tower... Looks to be the worst of the line. Sand green flags, anyone?

Catapult looks silly and has that <insert that tiresome argument> catapult piece (like I needed another one of those). I'd like it better if it came with shields for everyone...

Steve

And don't forget the two impulse sets. *sweet* Can't wait to see them...

Shakar

Good shout shakar i had forgotten about those, as we've seen so many new sets today i wouldn't be surprised if we get pics of the last 3 sets anytime now. :-)