Sign in to follow this  
hwangmihee1

Tower Bridge 10214 New Box Design

Interestinf! Seeing how they made a new design for the box, I'd imagine it'll be around for even more years.

The interesting thing is that the new box design includes an old photograph on the front showing some old parts, i.e. 76768 instead of 2339, while I'm certain that newer versions include the newer arch.

Edited by alois

Interestinf! Seeing how they made a new design for the box, I'd imagine it'll be around for even more years.

Just what I was thinking! I'm getting mine for Xmas (present to myself...) so good to know it'll still be around

So is this technically a rerelease? That Expert logo matches the one on the new version of the Toy Shop...

Possibly, though it doesn't fit the way I've always understood "rerelease" to be used. This is a set that has been available continuously, whereas "rerelease" generally refers to a set from years earlier that was discontinued, and for which the same build was reissued but with a new set number.

Tower Bridge has had it's shelf life extended by another couple years so it makes sense for Lego to update the box art to match the current range, plus change the type of cardboard used for the box (recent Creator Expert sets have used a thicker cardboard tome them more durable on the shelves, considering how often the boxes get picked up and carried around the stores)

Then will have even new mold for parts and i am sure also there will be color variations too.

Someone here can advise

That's probably no more of an issue than it ever has been. Given the length of time the Tower Bridge has been in production, there have already been multiple production cycles for it, which themselves included mold variations such as multiple varieties of jumper plate despite the box itself remaining the same.

That said, the part count for the new set DOES differ from that of the classic set, which makes me wonder what was added. None of the part designs of the classic set have changed in such a way that they would necessitate a larger part count, so I would speculate that more parts may have been added to the interior for stability.

Edited by Lyichir

That said, the part count for the new set DOES differ from that of the classic set, which makes me wonder what was added.

Looks like they both say 4295 pieces... :look:

I wonder where this fits in the list of longest sets to be on the shelf...

Death Star wins this round. Released 2008, Tower Bridge is 2010. The rumors of that one's imminent retirement are older than Tower Bridge!

I'm actually sad to see this, I was hoping for a replacement sooner, rather than later.

Edited by rollermonkey

So I was confused about Lyichir's comment about part count, until I went back and looked at a picture of the box as it first appeared. It actually has increased by eight pieces, but that happened before this new update. So this is actually the second time the box has changed, first to change the part count from 4287 to 4295, and then again to add the new Expert branding.

I was in the shop in LEGOLAND Billund on Saturday - they had the old Tower Bridge box on the shelves, but I discovered a new version of the Palace Cinema box. Basically, it's the exact same redesign as the Tower Bridge one - the branding has changed to Creator Expert and the new logo made from headlight bricks is featured on the box. Didn't take a picture thought.

But it probably means the Palace Cinema still has some shelf life left - they'd never have bothered with redesigning the box if the set was on its way out.

I am currently building the Tower Bridge.  Has anyone ever experienced mistakes in the number of pieces included in a set?  This if my fourth expert build, and I have never had a problem.  This time, however, it seems I am short 4 pieces.