Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

46 minutes ago, Grover said:

True, but I was thinking if the antlers were removable they could double as whitetailed deer of either gender.

You could always...*snip* *snip*

Wait...what?...no...I'm trying to delete it!

Scandalous 

I think I actually wouldn’t mind an elf club house. I could do with some more elves seeing as my winter village is set in the North Pole ? 

are we running late with the announcement ??? when was last years revealed ??

I don't know why I'm getting so itchy for it ??? maybe its lockdown fever don't tell the Harry Potter lot but this is the most important announcement coming lol 

The reveal last year was 12 sept. 2019 ;)

1 minute ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

when was last years revealed ??

Oh I thought it was the 9th? I remember finding it funny that it was announced at 9am on the 9th day on the 9th month - 999 ? I definitely  remember everyone questioning how odd it was to be on a Sunday. 
I’m really excited for something to happen, anything!! ?. But yeah I think the HP fans will start imploding soon if they don’t get a proper reveal, they’ve waited long enough

? I must have dreamt it ? waiting on Lego reveals can do that do a crazy person ?

Oh I know why I’m going back to the year before when it was the fire brigade set forgot we had the gingerbread house last year. Time is zooming so fast I can’t keep up with it!

It seems like they reveal the set just a little later every year.  I feel like I can definitely remember the WV set being announced in August in years past, but I believe it's always been after SDCC.  Don't think they've ever shown off the set at that con.

I think we can safely assume that we'll be seeing the set in the next three weeks.

Edited by Arstotle

7 hours ago, Arstotle said:

It seems like they reveal the set just a little later every year.  I feel like I can definitely remember the WV set being announced in August in years past, but I believe it's always been after SDCC.  Don't think they've ever shown off the set at that con.

I think we can safely assume that we'll be seeing the set in the next three weeks.

Haven't spent a whole lot of hours at the LEGO booth every year for the past several years, I can confirm that you are correct.

In past years, the new VW set has been released for sale from 1 October each year, with early access for VIP members starting mid-September (14 Sept in 2017, 13 Sept in 2018 and 18 Sept in 2019).

TLG announces the VW set just a few days before it becomes available for VIP members. In 2019 the announcement came on 12 Sept, i.e. just 6 days before VIP members could buy it.

The early VIP access seems to start each year on the Thursday in either week 37 (2017 and 2018) or week 38 (2019). My guess is that this year’s set will be available to VIP members on 17 Sept 2020, with an official announcement of the set around 11 Sept.

Edited by CoNSpiracy

Not sure if this has been already asked so apologies if it has but how does everyone else store their WV sets? For the past couple years I’ve kept most of them made up and carefully placed in a big plastic storage box together. But was thinking of storing them separately in shoe boxes or something similar. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks ? 

I use a mix of 12 & 20 Qt Sterilite gasket boxes. The gasket is overkill but they are reliably in-stock at my local Target so I pay the extra buck or two for consistency. The bottom of the box nests nicely in the lid so they stack well. The 20 qt is tall enough to store built sets along with accessories, etc. Yes, there is a fair amount of "wasted" space in some of the boxes but for me this works well.

https://www.sterilite.com/ProductCategory.html?ProductCategory=17&section=1

3 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

Not sure if this has been already asked so apologies if it has but how does everyone else store their WV sets? For the past couple years I’ve kept most of them made up and carefully placed in a big plastic storage box together. But was thinking of storing them separately in shoe boxes or something similar. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks ? 

I take the sets apart each year (fully or in sections) and put the bricks in plastic bags inside the original boxes. Come November/December I invite over friends, neighbours and family and line up all the boxes and they all get to pick one set to build.

Edited by CoNSpiracy

I store them completely assembled in an assortment of plastic bins and cardboard boxes. Each year I try to take a couple of older sets and unassemble/wash/reassemble. It keeps the dust from getting too bad on them. I also have to replace parts occasionally that get brittle. These are the realities of a collection that over 10 years old now!

Getting the Christmas lego out at the start of December and building it all up is now a tradition for us that everyone loves (not just the kids).  I take it all down usually end of January and we store each major set in it's own plastic food storage box.  then it's easy to build each set one at a time or give a box to a child to build. 

The best thing we did was to motorise the train with remote controller and get a whole load more track.  We have the train going round the edge of a table with the village inside.  It's a real attraction to anyone visiting over the festive period. 

However we'll need a bigger table soon...

I'd prefer a real world set this year, not too bothered with the fantasy ones, and please re-issue the bakery.

Yup, I rebuild everything each year. During January disassembly begins, cleaning, bagging and back into a Lego Education bin. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money to light everything. But I definitely would like to see a redo of the cottage, bakery, and post office and maybe something new like a church, schoolhouse, diner, hardware, grocery or home.

Until a year or two ago I would disassembled each set and bag them. I’d then put them back together starting in November.  In the last couple years I was leaving some sets together save time, it’s about 50/50. The most recent set is always disassembled so I build it again and the toy shop which was the first set is also build and disassembled each year.  

we have various boxes we keep them in along with the rest of the Christmas decs in a corner of our loft space.

We do decs over a weekend sat is the stressful trees etc (hate lights hate them)

Sunday is getting the lego out and then we unbox/build the previous years set and place it in the village all done with Christmas albums playing and the wife has a baileys 

Edited by Benny benny BENNY
correcting tired typing

Wow I wasn’t sure if anyone was going to respond. I have really enjoyed reading everyones posts. I’m a little jealous, I had intended to build the village with my family but with so many birthdays in December and the in-laws coming over there is never enough time. The year before last I had a go at making my own advent calendar for my son to add scenes in the WV like ‘the villagers are having a snowman competition’ and he builds all the snowmen or ‘it’s time to pick out the tree’ and he builds the Xmas tree stall.  It went down a treat but it was last minute so I was having to practically come up with something for him to build the night before. I had planned to perfect it for last Xmas but then the HP advent came out so I just got him that in the end. 

Thank you CDM for your suggestion I shall look into them.

I’m still holding out for a big ice rink that the ice skaters magically skate on using magnets ? I know I can dream

ahh what’s with the big font??? How do you change font sizes ? 

Edited by Yellowturnip
Font size. But I don’t know how to change it

1 hour ago, Yellowturnip said:

I’m still holding out for a big ice rink that the ice skaters magically skate on using magnets ? I know I can dream

Check this out (at 0:16 and 0:50 in the video): 

1 hour ago, CoNSpiracy said:

Check this out (at 0:16 and 0:50 in the video): 

Right I need a bigger table...the fish tank is going to have to go. That was just beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. Loved the ice rink and well everything else too ?. Wonder how they made those trees. It just looked so magical 

I separate them by individual builds (not entire sets) and keep the pieces in ziploc bags inside a big Sterilite bin. I don't have enough space to build the entire village each year so I decide what to include. Some years I go more Town, some years more of a fantasy setting.

Edited by Karalora

For me , I tend to break each set up into largish sections so they fit into the original boxes, bagged up.  Makes it easy & quicker to put them back together the following year.

Those are then stored in the original brown Lego delivery cartons/boxes - can usually get 2 big sets and a couple of smaller ones in each carton.

Then stack them up in the garage await for the delivery of the new WV set  following year.