Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Since there is no news on the set, I googled a bit and stumbled over this, I saw it and loved it:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/101678

I NEED the instructions. And we need that house too with lots of LEDs. mmmmh

So back on topic.

The guys @bricksetforum came up with a pdf from the lego website that states 10249 is indeed a toyshop.

http://www.bricksetf...#Comment_372344

BUT I STILL THINK IT'S A CONSPIRACY! Yes, I hope, or something. oof

Edited by finish-last

Since there is no news on the set, I googled a bit and stumbled over this, I saw it and loved it:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/101678

I NEED the instructions. And we need that house too with lots of LEDs. mmmmh

So back on topic.

The guys @bricksetforum came up with a pdf from the lego website that states 10249 is indeed a toyshop.

http://www.bricksetf...#Comment_372344

BUT I STILL THINK IT'S A CONSPIRACY! Yes, I hope, or something. oof

There are two strange things about that PDF for the "Winter Toy Shop"

1 Item # is 61(00000) !? and 2 the UPC code is 67341922(9999) !?

Most resent sets have item# in the 61(12###) range......

and that the UPC code end with four 9's is also very strange! Meaning again item # is 9999

Both of these number suggest that these are placeholders!

UPCdiag.png

Edited by (1)Stein

There are two strange things about that PDF for the "Winter Toy Shop"

1 Item # is 61(00000) !? and 2 the UPC code is 67341922(9999) !?

Most resent sets have item# in the 61(12###) range......

and that the UPC code end with four 9's is also very strange! Meaning again item # is 9999

Both of these number suggest that these are placeholders!

Ok, what the heck? How did you even find that PDF? Are we going this far to find out the name? :tongue: Just accept the fact that we're getting a Toy Shop...

Edited by CM4Sci

Me too, don't make me drive to denmark, I dare you!!!

And I do think what 1stein said is correct, it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by finish-last

The required CPSIA findings (the PDF's linked above) are often placeholder in regards to product naming and details - Amiibo "rumors" are often based off of these initial papers only to have the retail product name updated for shelf drop.

I think its just people are anxious to find out one way or another. We're all searching for that one clue that either leads to excitement or disappointment. Keep on at it all you Sherlocks

Someone on Brickset is saying it is effectively a re-release of 10199 Winter Toy Shop. :( Not sure how reliable they are though...

Someone on Brickset is saying it is effectively a re-release of 10199 Winter Toy Shop. :( Not sure how reliable they are though...

I don't know. Seems like all these Winter Village and Creator Expert sets seem to really touch that line between, "building toy" and, "art." Each year gets more complex, newer pieces, and still they manage to maintain a trademark beauty and elegance. Rehashing seems a tad bit lazy.

The again did Marcos Bessa in his model video last year say that the Santa's workshop would, "complete" collectors' winter village? Maybe "complete" was the key word? Maybe as in "thats all folks." :cry_sad:

I'm still pulling for a new set, if not, we have those sick holiday vignettes to look forward to. :excited::drool:

I missed the first year so I have no problem getting a toy shop this year. I imagine there are many others who might have missed it as well.

A candy shop would be equally sweet. Perhaps a willy wonks inspired shop. Or a mr. magorium's wonder emporium toy store.

I honestly don't understand. Did we not have a reputable Lego Insider that is "in the know" say that it won't be a toy shop? What more proof do we need?

Yes, but he only said it's sweet. Finding out what it is, is the meaning of "Rumours and Discussion", isn't it? If they re-do the toy shop, they should just re-do all other buildings as well.

Yes, but he only said it's sweet. Finding out what it is, is the meaning of "Rumours and Discussion", isn't it? If they re-do the toy shop, they should just re-do all other buildings as well.

I'd be first in line if they redo the bakery. :excited: That and the cottage are of my favorites. :drool:

That is literally just a jazzed-up version of the original Winter Toy Shop. And dang me, I'm going to end up buying it, aren't I? AREN'T I???

Excellent!

The set I wanted most for the WV collection..

I guess I am among the few that are happy with this years' release :)

Bit of an odd question but why do they keep on changing the expert logo ?

I don't know, I personally liked the star. :shrug_confused:

Bit of an odd question but why do they keep on changing the expert logo ?

Maybe its a creative thing? Showing how many possibilities there are to… I don't know, I'm just talking to prevent myself from feeling disappointed by this reveal. :laugh:

But in all seriousness, its actually pretty cool, a modern retake with some differences. Well played Lego, well played. So long as they do the bakery next year I'll be thrilled. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713