Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, autolycus said:

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah yes. Well too bad for me - I never heard of BAM until last year - there is no Lego store in my area. But yes, you are right - there was Mrs. Claus in 2018. 

They appear to roll these figures out each year now. They were in my local LEGO stores this year and last year. So if you can visit one, you may be lucky. Or next year, hopefully.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

After several Bricklink orders I finally got my Hogsmeade set winterized: https://imgur.com/a/I8NAGQ0

Honeydukes is basically the same except for the fully snowcovered roof. The tavern was made more festive with wreaths and greenery, along with the snowcover. I didn't find the chimneys to be very realistic so I omitted them. I also added some eaves to the gable ends and copied the gingerbread-like detail from the rest of the structure. The resulting roof panel isn't quite as rigid as I'd like but it's not fragile either...I suppose on par with the original construction stability. I haven't yet wired it up for lights and it's 50-50 whether I find time to tackle that this year. We shall see.

Nicely done!

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah yes. Well too bad for me - I never heard of BAM until last year - there is no Lego store in my area. But yes, you are right - there was Mrs. Claus in 2018. 

Not sure if you've googled to see if there's any stores that sell build a minifigure online, but here in Australia I was trying to track down the brick girl minifigure from BAM and found a LEGO franchisee type store (not official LEGO store), and found they had all the BAM exclusive minifigures from the last 3 years (minus two or three) all at the retail price. So I got the BAM Mrs Claus two months ago.

I almost got thee pink elves for cost ($10 for 3) on ebay but was busy at work when someone overbid me. Those seem to go for $15 a piece on ebay.

I finally got the basic set up of the three buildings under the tree. Still need to finish building the Gingerbread House.

12 hours ago, CDM said:

After several Bricklink orders I finally got my Hogsmeade set winterized: https://imgur.com/a/I8NAGQ0

Honeydukes is basically the same except for the fully snowcovered roof. The tavern was made more festive with wreaths and greenery, along with the snowcover. I didn't find the chimneys to be very realistic so I omitted them. I also added some eaves to the gable ends and copied the gingerbread-like detail from the rest of the structure. The resulting roof panel isn't quite as rigid as I'd like but it's not fragile either...I suppose on par with the original construction stability. I haven't yet wired it up for lights and it's 50-50 whether I find time to tackle that this year. We shall see.

That looks great! I set the Hogsmeade buildings up in my town but I don't think they have enough snow. I'm going to follow your example.

Looks like it's official that Mr. and Mrs. Claus's Living Room is not coming out due to not meeting their high quality standards, or some such. Hopefully it's a production issue that caused a delay but not a permanently fatal problem. It's a nice looking set. I'm still hoping it will appear at Christmas in July next year, but I won't hold my breath.

What the heck is going on at LEGO? The design is fine so it must be an issue with the bricks. North America had issues with the Stuntz motorcycles and Brickset is now saying the Marvel mechs are canceled / delayed.

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

For anybody that looked at the leaked pictures (which I can't find anywhere), do the figures look like those in the mock-up made by Hoth Bricks?

https://brickset.com/article/67917/second-christmas-gwp-cancelled

The mockup takes the leaked image and superimposes it onto a box. It's the same image.

Edit: Mrs. Claus appears to have this head (or some variation): https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1398#T=S&C=3&O={"color":3,"ss":"US","rpp":"200","iconly":0} which would be slightly different than the Build a Figure Mrs. Claus. The torso and gown prints look to be new.

Edited by CDM

Thanks, @RichardGoring and @GarmadonFan .

I'd like to do something more to Honeydukes to make it a bit more festive. I have an idea or two but I'll have to see if my inventory will allow it. I think I'm done Bricklinking for now. Looking forward to seeing what others do / have done.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:17 AM, The Stud said:

I had the same issue with Santa’s Sleigh as well.

Also, I ended up taking a closer look at the Elf Clubhouse yesterday at Target, as I’ve never really paid attention to the set. I kinda dig it, would you guys recommend it?

It’s a fantastic set & build. The buildings shape is so fun to me. Plus, who wouldn’t want a chimney that can make waffles?! And while it’s not such a huge deal now that Santa’s Sleigh is a thing, the reindeer(the little sleigh is neat also).

Santa’s Visit is my first Winter Village set but I’m starting to consider about getting Elf Club House. I may wait a bit and buy it before its EOL. I mean, yeah Elf Club House does look fun to build but I’m on a fence at the moment. 

I know it’s too early but i am looking forward to see the next Winter Village set in late 2022!

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Santa’s Visit is my first Winter Village set but I’m starting to consider about getting Elf Club House. I may wait a bit and buy it before its EOL. I mean, yeah Elf Club House does look fun to build but I’m on a fence at the moment. 

I know it’s too early but i am looking forward to see the next Winter Village set in late 2022!

I have the redone Toy Shop, Train, Train Station, Elf Club and Gingerbread. Elf Clubhouse is my favorite. It looks amazing, a good size and a much better build than the gingerbread house.

Try to grab it with a 'free' gift promo in the next 11 months. Well worth it. Plus you are a City person and it would make a cute house in a city.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I didn't care for the Gingerbread House or Elf Club House at first because they sort of clash with the realistic Winter Village vibe but now that I have the last 8 from the series all set up, those two are my favorite.

2 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

I didn't care for the Gingerbread House or Elf Club House at first because they sort of clash with the realistic Winter Village vibe but now that I have the last 8 from the series all set up, those two are my favorite.

I don't want my LEGO Winter series to be realistic. It's amazing how much bigger the Gingerbread House and Elf Clubhouse are to the Toy Shop and Station and I really love them for that. They look perfect under the tree. I'll take a picture if I ever finish the set up.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, Maple said:

I have the redone Toy Shop, Train, Train Station, Elf Club and Gingerbread. Elf Clubhouse is my favorite. It looks amazing, a good size and a much better build than the gingerbread house.

Try to grab it with a 'free' gift promo in the next 11 months. Well worth it. Plus you are a City person and it would make a cute house in a city.

Yeah, Elf Club House looks fun to build for me. I never owned any realistic Winter Village sets until Santa’s Visit but I found Elf Club House quite charming and cheerful. 

I just added it to my wishlist so I would know it comes back in stock. :)

So the wishlist is working for you? I have 18 things in mine and every time I try to add another set I get 'You have exceed the limit of 30'. Which 30 is a stupid limit, but 18+1=30 to LEGO.com. :pir_laugh2:

I also built 40416 (I think), last year's skating rink GWP. I have 3-4 shades of green. It's really pathetic how far LEGO has fallen.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:53 AM, LegoDakin said:

Does anyone know when the Santa's Visit set will be restocked?

Well…we don’t know. It took forever for Elf Club House to be restocked between  March and May 2020, I think. 

So we really don’t have answer to your quesiton. 

3 hours ago, keba said:

Why was living room canceled? And why someone selling it on ebay?

The one on eBay is likely a production prototype. Or from an initial production run.

I suspect we will never know why it was cancelled, given that LEGO has released an official statement about it and not said why:

"We decided not to release this product as it didn't meet our strict quality standards. Because we work so hard to provide the best possible play experiences, we never compromise the quality of our products."

Source: Second Christmas GWP cancelled | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

People have speculated that there was an instability in the model (although I don't know how), a production issue, or that the cardboard box shortage has meant they couldn't produce enough sets.

I just hope that they decide to release it in the future, because it's a lovely set.

I saw an IG account post photos / video of a similar box. Seems odd to have a box printed for retail without the piece count / title but it matches the format of 40484. The "naughty list" issue seems a plausible.