Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Arstotle said:

Actually, if you look back at last year, we didn't get the official announcement until September 21st.  As much as I hate to say it, we might be a full three weeks away still.  It's a little amazing to see the lack of leaks with the winter village set as well as the holiday GWP's.  It seems like we usually have some rumor/picture of the first holiday GWP by now.

Lego is getting better in avoiding leaks. We had a couple of exclusive Sets without any leaks before this year. The pick Up wasn't even rumoured to be released... 

On 8/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, Robert8 said:

The Advent Calendars are already revealed, reviewed and will be released at any time now. 

But the Winter Village.... nothing. Not even a name :sceptic:

My local Costco already has a pallet full of the Marvel and Star Wars Advents for sale.

I wish TLG would at least throw us a bone with regards to the Winter Village a bit of something for us to speculate endlessly on !!! 

2 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

I wish TLG would at least throw us a bone with regards to the Winter Village a bit of something for us to speculate endlessly on !!! 

It will end. Everything ends. 😂😂

23 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Right.  Like I remember getting a snapshots of random out of context parts of the set, so we could fill our forum with idle speculation.

20 minutes ago, wooster said:

A new leak on IG says it’s called “Santa’s Visit”, a light blue cottage with 5 minifigs.  

I just read the same post. Hard to know if its legit with no images though

36 minutes ago, wooster said:

A new leak on IG says it’s called “Santa’s Visit”, a light blue cottage with 5 minifigs.  

Hmmm purely guessing, but if this is the set, I predict it will have the cottage, with Santa's sleigh with..2 reindeer, that is designed to land on the roof, and a chimney that Santa got do down.  Just guessing.  Santa, 1 Elf, one adult, preferably in a nightgown and a cap ready to settle for a long winters nap, and 2 kids.  The cottage will have have an internal Christmas tree.  There is my guess, based on that tidbit of info, that may or may not be true....

That sounds.... interesting

Hoping for an updated Santa figure in dark red, and with double moulded dark red/black legs

Ooh this does sound interesting. Will be fabulous to have another cottage. I don’t need any more Santas but Santa’s visit does indeed make me think there would be a sleigh and reindeer on the roof and more reindeer would be welcome. 

Interesting if it is indeed a light blue cottage given that the last cottage was also blue (although, medium blue).

Thank you very much for the information, @wooster! :classic:

On the one hand I'm happy that we're getting a non-fantasy building this year.

On the other hand I'm disappointed that there isn't a new building (town hall, candy shop, general store, chocolate factory, inn, ...) for inside the WV. Plus for my taste it's annoying and boring that Lego throws in again a sleigh and (a) fantasy creature(s) like Santa.

48 minutes ago, Celtchief said:

Hmmm purely guessing, but if this is the set, I predict it will have the cottage, with Santa's sleigh with..2 reindeer, that is designed to land on the roof, and a chimney that Santa got do down.  Just guessing.  Santa, 1 Elf, one adult, preferably in a nightgown and a cap ready to settle for a long winters nap, and 2 kids.  The cottage will have have an internal Christmas tree.  There is my guess, based on that tidbit of info, that may or may not be true....

I think so. It sounds like a re-release or at least re-desing of the WV Cottage - but instead of the snow plow (and maybe even the two side builds) Lego throws in Santa with the sleigh.

That sounds great. Santa doesn't seem fiction to me. and finally a cottage. The old one is too hard to find in my country. I'm very happy if it's true.

Just now, sansui said:

Santa doesn't seem fiction to me. 

!

You mean that.... it might be actually the father pretending to be Santa or something? 8 Concepts: Mommy kissing Santa ideas | santa, christmas art, santa claus

That would be interesting.... 

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

!

You mean that.... it might be actually the father pretending to be Santa or something? 8 Concepts: Mommy kissing Santa ideas | santa, christmas art, santa claus

That would be interesting.... 

I mean Santa was real. He's St. Nicholas who lived in history. Of course he didn't wear red hat or clothes. But i believe that the christmas spirit comes from him. 

So my theory about the sleigh is that the have the reindeer molds, why not use them  It's fits with the idea of Santa's visit.  And the great thing is, you can pretend its the local town Santa and treat his sled like a picture op in the town square, or him be be daddy dressed up, or the legit Santa.   But, if it is called Santa's visit, there will be a Santa.  I don't think it well be a re release of the old cottage, it will be a new ground up design, which will be nice, cause it's been weird having a village with only two houses, one being the old season 3 in 1 set, which works really well in the village..

Edited by Celtchief
Clean up typos

4 reindeers in a single set! *huh*

Sadly,it seems none of them has a red nose 

The sleigh is a little too big, but it seems there some interesting toys 

Getting this for sure!

It would seem this was the set rumored yesterday, thus the Winter Village set remains a mystery 

Edited by Robert8

8 minutes ago, keba said:

Wow, nice. How much is this in euros?

45 according to google

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The sleigh is a little too big, but it seems there some interesting toys

I thought the same at first, but now I'm wondering what it would look like with nine reindeer...

The sleigh runners feel a little plain to me, but that should be easily fixed with the gold trim from the old version. Getting excited for the WV set reveal now! 

*oh2*

What a year for animal moulds :wub_drool:

4 in a set is really unexpected and I will buy the set just because of that even if I have a flock already :grin_wub:

Four in a relatively small set too. Although pricing will be interesting. You can get four from B&P for $20, so getting multiple of this set may not be the best way to army/herd build. But as a set, it's lovely.

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Is this not it?! :wacko:

I'd be surprised. It's much smaller/cheaper than normal. It's not got the 18+ branding that they're now using for Winter Village. This seems to me to be the next Christmas Wreath that they did last year. A small-ish, $35 set that's more accessible and generic.