I've been wanting to experiment with roof curvature and multiple angles in buildings for some time now. I also wanted to build a landscape without using any regular green parts, so I just decided to try it all at once! I'm quite pleased with the results, especially the elevated barrel (beer tower, as I have dubbed it), the roof, and the woodwork. I'm not too fond of the dark tan pieces in the white wall, but I have plans to fix that on future builds.

Please let me know what you honestly think!

19334465324_097e6bf6eb_z.jpg

19883934229_309a59bbed_z.jpg

Edited by AardWolf

Looks great, can you tell me what the orangy mechanical arms are supposed to represent though because I can't figure it out :blush:

Very nice. This styles is just about my favorite in Lego.

Thanks! I'm particularly fond of this style as well and I plan to build more like it!

Looks great, can you tell me what the orangy mechanical arms are supposed to represent though because I can't figure it out :blush:

Thanks! They're just meant to be fantasy plants of whatever sort your mind desires :classic: . I added them for their color and the bits of height they added to the terrain.

I really like it! I wish I had the skill to build like that!

Thank you so much- I really appreciate it!

Stunning, truly stunning!

Thank you very much Graham!

Just a simple proof, that sometimes you don't need to build epic big structures to impress other people. This small brewhouse is just perfect. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Oh my gods! This is simply gorgeous! The angles! Wow! Those angles! You're really nailed it! Such a smooth and goofy structure! :grin: I love it!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is a lovely little setting and looks like something straight out of a storybook with the angled roof, sagging woodwork and posts, and overall dilapidated appearance. The rock wall textures are nice and I like the tan in the white wall - it looks like the whitewash is crumbling away and fits the look nicely. I like the lack of standard green; the dark green just matches the mood better. The barrel is cool too - any chance of showing us how it's done? My only real criticism is the tree trunk. I know those pieces make it easy to twist and turn the trunk the way trees often grow, but I just can't get past those unsightly technic pin-holes, which detract somewhat from the rich textures of the rest of the build. I suppose you could work around it by wrapping the trunk in some kind of vine or other climbing plant, but it's not really that big a deal. Overall it's an inviting scene. Does Bartholomew like thirsty visitors? Good work!

As I said on flickr, great build. Really hope to see more from you :)

oh an by the way, I too wan to see how you did the barrel. looks terrific!

Very nice build with style. Liking the dark green.

Thank you very much! Dark green is my favorite LEGO color :classic:

A fine build that would have deserved a few more pictures.

House style is great.

How has the barrel been done?

Thank you so much! If you're interested, the picture links to my Flickr stream, where you'll find four additional shots. I have added an explanation of the barrel to the original post. That picture links to a step-by-step description if you want to read it as well :classic:

Just a simple proof, that sometimes you don't need to build epic big structures to impress other people. This small brewhouse is just perfect. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Absolutely! Thanks for your kind words. It certainly doesn't take something big to be great and I'm glad you appreciate this house!

Oh my gods! This is simply gorgeous! The angles! Wow! Those angles! You're really nailed it! Such a smooth and goofy structure! :grin: I love it!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I really appreciate that! Goofy was definitely what I was going for here- kind of whimsical and droopy :laugh:

This is a lovely little setting and looks like something straight out of a storybook with the angled roof, sagging woodwork and posts, and overall dilapidated appearance. The rock wall textures are nice and I like the tan in the white wall - it looks like the whitewash is crumbling away and fits the look nicely. I like the lack of standard green; the dark green just matches the mood better. The barrel is cool too - any chance of showing us how it's done? My only real criticism is the tree trunk. I know those pieces make it easy to twist and turn the trunk the way trees often grow, but I just can't get past those unsightly technic pin-holes, which detract somewhat from the rich textures of the rest of the build. I suppose you could work around it by wrapping the trunk in some kind of vine or other climbing plant, but it's not really that big a deal. Overall it's an inviting scene. Does Bartholomew like thirsty visitors? Good work!

Bartholomew most certainly likes thirsty visitors- as long as there's a flagon or two left for him! (or three, or four...) Thanks very much for your words! I added a breakdown of the barrel to the original post. I actually don't mind the pin-holes in the tree, but your suggestion of wrapping the tree gives me some great inspiration and ideas for future trees. Thank you :classic:

As I said on flickr, great build. Really hope to see more from you :)

oh an by the way, I too wan to see how you did the barrel. looks terrific!

Thank you so much! I'll definitely be building whenever I get the chance :classic: . I've got a big move coming up and a little adjustment period but after that I should be back on schedule! Just make sure you keep posting builds because you're my biggest inspiration :wink: . I added a breakdown of the barrel to my original post too!