Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Just got a regular amethyst, you'd have to convert it yourself. But like I said, the lady gets first pick. You ready to try your garnet?"

Arthur drinks a Mead in preparation and applies his Shining Polish to his Shadeaux Cape. "Ah. In that case, yes, I am ready to convert my Garnet."

OOC: The Mail of the Renegade Commander should be SP:3, bringing my Defense to 54, and then applying the polish should bring it up to 58. Also not sure how I got a duplicate Hollow Lance in my inventory, I'm 90% certain I gave it back to Hoke (especially since it's already in his :tongue: ).

EDIT: OOC: By the way, are the Water sprites supposed to be Dark as well, or are they supposed to be of a different enemy type? Knowing this affects if I decide to use any more consumables.

Edited by Flipz

Hybros seems to have a couple mysteries at hand. Might as well cover them before re-convening at the council. Hybros, you talk to Piglina about whatever, Matthias and I will talk to Melquidas.

Hybros nodded. "Very well. There is still one thing I would like to know..."

He turned to Iceborn once more. "Then maybe there is something you can tell me. Your dealings with the Cold Circle - what can you tell me about them? Are you their ally or enemy? Does the name Malphien mean anything to you?"

I wait to hear Iceborn answer Hybros, before continuing to the City Center with Melquidas.

I was wondering if you knew anything about the Frozen Room.

Matthias nods to Rone and Holla as they prepare to depart. "Master Hybros, I believe I would be better served speaking to Piglina with you. I am better with animals than with mages."

Apologies all, I will probably miss a few days... my wife has informed me that it appears my son has decided it is time to be born. :excited:

Round One Etherial Amethyst

>Purpearl v. Sprite A - Damage (24/2-24=0 Damage)

Sprite B+Sprite C v. Purpearl (48/2-24=0 Damage)

Purpearl -1 health -1 ether

The Enemies

Darkness Sprite A

Level ?? Dark

Health: 200/200

Special: Devilish Time - Adds 1 round to the round count.

Sprite's level is equal to the hero's.

Darkness Sprite B

Level ?? Dark

Darkness Sprite C

Level ?? Dark

The Hero

21379215826_aefc7acd04_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven
Mystic Knight

Level 24.66
*Immune to
Earth
Fragile
* *Nimble* *Blinded*

Power Bonus:

Defense:
(15 + 4 + 5)

Health:
37/38
(Base 5 + 24 Levels + 7 Health Bonus - 2 Penalty #102, + 4 Tunic)

Ether:
32/33
(Base 5 + 22 Levels + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Zelphie's Staff (WP: 21, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Arm Shield (SP:15, shield), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to
Fragile
suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators)
Dastan Helmet (SP: 4, Immune to Earth),
Coathanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides
Nimble
Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear),

Inventory:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8,
Sleep
effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5,
Darkness
Elemental), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the
Poisoned
by 3 effect, mace), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to
Fire
),
Dastan Greatsword (WP: 10, +2 WP for all other Dastan Equipment), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators),
Enchanted Braclet (Protects from Sealed Effect,
hand wear),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents the wearer from having gold stolen,
hand wear), Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP: 1, multiplied by the number of party members,
back wear),
Prismatic Focus (Wearer can cast two spells in one round; suitable to mages, necromancers and weather mages; accessory.)

Spell Items:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to electric for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

Consumables:
Potion, 8 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, 4 Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, 2 Level Up Mushroom, 3 Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Ice Bomb,
Nostrum

Decamon Deck:
Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools:
Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Round One Etherial Aquamarine

>Hoke v. Sprite A - Critical Hit (Confused, High Assault v. Torc (will land next round))

>Torc v. Sprite B - Breath (Not Confused, 55 Damage)

Sprite C v. Hoke - Avoided

Hoke/Torc -1 health

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Aquatic

Water Sprite B

Level ?? Aquatic

Health: 145/200

Water Sprite C

Level ?? Aquatic

The Hero

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4
*Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning
* *Confused*

Power Bonus: 0, +7 WP

Defense: 41

Health: 92/93 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 588

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental),
Sven's Heavy Armor
(SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),
Bone Claws
(+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),
Great Axpeord
(WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Heavy Armo
r (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),
Coat Hanger
(Allows for a second body wear, Accessory),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold), Gold Bar, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg

Torc the Adult Brown Dragon *Confused*

Female Dragon Adult

Level 55.2

Health: 84/85

Element: Fire

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 3/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

Arthur drinks a Mead in preparation and applies his Shining Polish to his Shadeaux Cape. "Ah. In that case, yes, I am ready to convert my Garnet."

EDIT: OOC: By the way, are the Water sprites supposed to be Dark as well, or are they supposed to be of a different enemy type? Knowing this affects if I decide to use any more consumables.

OoC: They were listed wrong (should have been aquatic). Let me know when you're ready! Will try to post tonight if you get back to me in time so we don't waste time!

Hybros nodded. "Very well. There is still one thing I would like to know..."

He turned to Iceborn once more. "Then maybe there is something you can tell me. Your dealings with the Cold Circle - what can you tell me about them? Are you their ally or enemy? Does the name Malphien mean anything to you?"

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"They are my ally. Or have my blessing at least. However the Mother wants us to phrase it. She pretends that Etheria remains aloof, but she has as many ties to the rest of the world as the rest of us."

"The Cold Circles look only to maintain what is right. The only thing that is true in the world is death, is the Frozen Lady, Lady Frostheart. Whatever her name may be. She is the great equalizer. All of us must one day die, hm?" His bones rattle. "It is when mortals forget their place that they become dangerous. Like those who have drank of the Fountain. Like those who sit under the protection of the Norn's artifact. Do you ever wonder if it is right, what you heroes do? You are forces of sheer chaos, perpetual and unyielding. Do not imagine for a moment that it is mere coincidence that you have the number of enemies you do. The world has an order, and you are disrupting it."

I wait to hear Iceborn answer Hybros, before continuing to the City Center with Melquidas.

I was wondering if you knew anything about the Frozen Room.

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Course I do. Know it's dangerous, now. Something must be stirring near it, wherever it is. My guess is that it's not on the island proper. Most rooms around here aren't nearly cold enough to freeze. Means it's probably somewhere else in Olegaia, and wherever it is, things are looking south. So I've warded it for the time being."

Matthias nods to Rone and Holla as they prepare to depart. "Master Hybros, I believe I would be better served speaking to Piglina with you. I am better with animals than with mages."

Apologies all, I will probably miss a few days... my wife has informed me that it appears my son has decided it is time to be born. :excited:

OoC: Awesome! Congrats! Take as much time as you need/want, and enjoy this exciting time! That's the best of news.

Arthur uses a Mead on Miirym. "Drink up. You'll need it." Arthur and Miirym are ready to fight.

OOC: Thanks. :classic:

And what do you suppose is causing all this? Someone or something that could be stopped... or some sort of force unto itself?

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Dark

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Aquatic

Ahem. Because of your deviousness, I didn't question WHY the Water Sprite was Dark type. If it's supposed to be Aquatic, I would have done something different, like Hoke going to the back row and changing the Medal of Glory for the Electro Gear.

OoC: Very well, they can be dark for this battle. :thumbup:

Nah, keep it water. I like the challenge. :devil:

You just owe me later. :wink::laugh:

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

Do you ever wonder if it is right, what you heroes do? You are forces of sheer chaos, perpetual and unyielding. Do not imagine for a moment that it is mere coincidence that you have the number of enemies you do. The world has an order, and you are disrupting it."

"All of the time. I hope my use of the Norn's gift is for the greater good... at least that is what I try to do every day."

Hybros' eyes narrowed as he scanned Iceborn before taking the offensive. "Strange how someone who thinks death is so natural stands before me long after his normal lifespan. By your own logic necromancy defies this natural order, yet this is what you and your organization study so closely and practice. I have never heard such hypocrisy in my life! I have witnessed the Cold Circle's thirst for death and destruction only to turn those left in the wake to their goal of ultimate power. Tell me what is unnatural when the world stands at the brink by the hands of your mindless undead army."

The imp clenched his fists.

"They are my ally. Or have my blessing at least. However the Mother wants us to phrase it. She pretends that Etheria remains aloof, but she has as many ties to the rest of the world as the rest of us."

"The Cold Circles look only to maintain what is right. The only thing that is true in the world is death, is the Frozen Lady, Lady Frostheart. Whatever her name may be. She is the great equalizer. All of us must one day die, hm?" His bones rattle. "It is when mortals forget their place that they become dangerous. Like those who have drank of the Fountain. Like those who sit under the protection of the Norn's artifact. Do you ever wonder if it is right, what you heroes do? You are forces of sheer chaos, perpetual and unyielding. Do not imagine for a moment that it is mere coincidence that you have the number of enemies you do. The world has an order, and you are disrupting it."

"All of the time. I hope my use of the Norn's gift is for the greater good... at least that is what I try to do every day."

Hybros' eyes narrowed as he scanned Iceborn before taking the offensive. "Strange how someone who thinks death is so natural stands before me long after his normal lifespan. By your own logic necromancy defies this natural order, yet this is what you and your organization study so closely and practice. I have never heard such hypocrisy in my life! I have witnessed the Cold Circle's thirst for death and destruction only to turn those left in the wake to their goal of ultimate power. Tell me what is unnatural when the world stands at the brink by the hands of your mindless undead army."

Matthias nods in agreement with Hybros' assessment of necromancy. "And, Captain Iceborn, you forget that death is only true because life is also true. True enough that you have sought it by any means available, beyond the truth of death. The Norn's protection was not something I asked for, and when I drank of the Fountain I did so in an attempt not only to preserve my life, but the lives of my friends. I could not have guessed the power of the waters then, and I cannot now. Perhaps time will tell, when I have lived as long as such a worshiper of death as yourself."

The gnome's face softens throughout his speech, as he realizes some of the truths in Iceborn's words - and realizes that he has joined the man in a tiring, endless existence. "In any case, I thank you for this opal, and we thank you for speaking openly with us." The gnome looks at Hybros, closer to eye level than with many heroes. "Master Hybros, should we away to find this Piglina?"

This post brought to you by free hospital wifi!

OOC: Assuming the battle stats are the same as the others'.

Arthur attacks Sprite A from the Front Row with Zoot's Rebel, while Miirym uses her Breath on Sprite B from the Back Row. If either attack results in a regular Hit/Breath, they swap targets on the next Round.

Congratulations, mate!

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"We can negotiate price after you convert it. But it looks like you might have your own you're forgetting about. Happens on the island. Hard to keep track of what you have when."

"Indeed. This island... It's hard to keep track of the time, too..."

Edited by Scubacarrot

For now, Guts watches his teammates battle the wisps. While observes, he chows down on his five Level-up Mushrooms. He also takes off his battered Crocodile Armour in favour of his new Mail of the Renegade Commander, he takes off his Marauder's Mantle, deciding it doesn't go well with the new armour, and holds on to the Golden Sceptre he picked up somewhere in his belt instead of it.

"I'll be right back, have an idea to make this easier..." The Marauder mumbles to the battling heroes, not at all concerned that they haven't heard him. "Melquiades, back to Zeus's, if you will."

Another uncomfortable teleportation later, he stands face to face with the intriguing merchant once more.

"How much for an Agni Bomb?"

And what do you suppose is causing all this? Someone or something that could be stopped... or some sort of force unto itself?

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Not my issue," says Melquiades. "Sorry, not trying to be flippant, but that's the truth of it. Bad shit goes down all the time everywhere. Etheria has chosen to remain as neutral as possible. We can't go poking around every time anything happens - more likely than not we'd mess it up. Listen, my guess is that the Frozen Room is somewhere up in Vartland. You want to tell Iceborn and that Norn that something's going on up there, they might start rallying troops, looking to investigate, mobilizing the Cold Circles or the Norns in Eubric or the Vikings, or, worse, all three. So the answer is, not my issue. When it passes, the room will open back up. Simple as that."

Melquiades deflates a little. "Look, I'm all for exploration. Hels, this stunt your pulling for the old man and the Mother, it seems alright. I've always wondered whats on the other side of things, sure. But that's Etheria business, magic business. Stuff out there, unless it's looking like a threat to Etheria, we can't go meddling. And I don't like the way that room feels."

The imp clenched his fists.

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"You speak with the ignorance of the masses. Once our mortal lives are done, our bodies are waste. To use those as tools is nothing. The Frozen One collects souls, not our earthly remains." Iceborn examines his own bones. "My life is as long as it's going to be. When my time to meet Helvetia comes, I will be pleased. But it appears she is not ready to welcome me into her house yet. Means I've got more to do, is all. The island helps of course."

Matthias nods in agreement with Hybros' assessment of necromancy. "And, Captain Iceborn, you forget that death is only true because life is also true. True enough that you have sought it by any means available, beyond the truth of death. The Norn's protection was not something I asked for, and when I drank of the Fountain I did so in an attempt not only to preserve my life, but the lives of my friends. I could not have guessed the power of the waters then, and I cannot now. Perhaps time will tell, when I have lived as long as such a worshiper of death as yourself."

The gnome's face softens throughout his speech, as he realizes some of the truths in Iceborn's words - and realizes that he has joined the man in a tiring, endless existence. "In any case, I thank you for this opal, and we thank you for speaking openly with us." The gnome looks at Hybros, closer to eye level than with many heroes. "Master Hybros, should we away to find this Piglina?"

This post brought to you by free hospital wifi!

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Could not have guessed the powers? What ignorance! No wonder you people celebrate the Norns' artifact, and no wonder you look to temper with the powers of death. You show no sense of natural preservation."

"Do what you will. I'm always happy to talk. Thank you for being forward. It's better than scheming in the dark, I'll give you that much."

Repeat All.

Round Two Etherial Aquamarine

>Hoke lands v. Torc - KO

Sprite A&B&C v. Hoke - [54*3]/2-41=40 Damage)

Hoke -2 health

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Aquatic

Water Sprite B

Level ?? Aquatic

Health: 145/200

Water Sprite C

Level ?? Aquatic

The Hero

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4
*Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning
* *Confused*

Power Bonus: 0, +7 WP

Defense: 41

Health: 50/93 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 588

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental),
Sven's Heavy Armor
(SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),
Bone Claws
(+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),
Great Axpeord
(WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Heavy Armo
r (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),
Coat Hanger
(Allows for a second body wear, Accessory),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold), Gold Bar, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg

Torc the Adult Brown Dragon *Confused*

Female Dragon Adult

Level 55.2

Health: 84/85

Element: Fire

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 3/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

OoC: Sorry, gotta run real fast, will edit in Arthur and Guts' replies within an hour!

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Not my issue," says Melquiades. "Sorry, not trying to be flippant, but that's the truth of it. Bad shit goes down all the time everywhere. Etheria has chosen to remain as neutral as possible. We can't go poking around every time anything happens - more likely than not we'd mess it up. Listen, my guess is that the Frozen Room is somewhere up in Vartland. You want to tell Iceborn and that Norn that something's going on up there, they might start rallying troops, looking to investigate, mobilizing the Cold Circles or the Norns in Eubric or the Vikings, or, worse, all three. So the answer is, not my issue. When it passes, the room will open back up. Simple as that."

Melquiades deflates a little. "Look, I'm all for exploration. Hels, this stunt your pulling for the old man and the Mother, it seems alright. I've always wondered whats on the other side of things, sure. But that's Etheria business, magic business. Stuff out there, unless it's looking like a threat to Etheria, we can't go meddling. And I don't like the way that room feels."

Funny, Iceborn didn't seem too concerned when we talked to him about it.

You say it's not a threat to Etheria, but clearly it is if you went through the effort to block off access. If it's connected to Etheria's network, it's something I'd be concerned about. You have a team of Heroes on hand, if there's someone who knows what's behind that void we're the people to talk to. Is there nowhere else you could point me?

Etherial Garnet Battle Round One

Arthur v. Sprite A - Dragon Aid (42*2=84 Damage)

Miirym v. Sprite B - Breath (84 Damage)

Sprite C v. Arthur - 0

-1 health

The Enemies

Rock Sprite A

Level ?? Rock

Health: 116/200

Rock Sprite B

Level ?? Rock

Health: 116/200

Rock Sprite C

Level ?? Rock

The Party

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpg

Arthur
Justus Regulus VII
Ziegfried
, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragoon, 23-year-old male Human
*Immune to
Hexed
Petrified
Minimized
Jinxed
Stunned
Slowed
Hastened
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
* *Immune to Magic and Healing* *Free Hits deal 1/2 damage* *Sealed*

Power Bonus:
+3

Health:
67/68

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment:
Dauntlet Index
(WP: 20, doubled against humanoids,
Darkness
-elemental; spear), Blue Hand Shield (SP:15, Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield),
Tin Armor
(SP:6, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; bodywear),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:13, Immune to
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear),
Tin Greaves
(Immunity to
Stunned
Slowed
-, and
Hastened
-effects; footwear), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone),
Mail of the Renegade Commander
(SP: 3, Free hits deal half damage),
Coathange
r (Allows for a second body wear, accessory),

Abilities:
First Breath
(Arthur may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd).

Inventory:

Weapons:
Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "halberd", suitable to Arthur only), Clockwork Lance (WP:12,
Light
-elemental, has 1/3 chance to cause
slowed
-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes
bleeding-by-5
effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants
Intimidation
; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies,
Lightning
- and
Wind
-elemental; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd,
stuns
on successful hits, Hollow [Phoenix Incense]), Hollow Flagpole(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance), Sven's Dagger (WP: 14, Fire-Earth Elemental)

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Grants Overkill gold on kills; handwear, suitable for anyone)
(currently loaned indefinitely to Namyrra), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory),
Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from sealed-effect; accessory)
, Comfy Pillow (If the user is inflicted by asleep- or fast asleep-effect, they regain full health and ether; accessory.), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Tin Gloves (Power +1, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; handwear),

Unsuitable Weapons/Artifacts:
Weatherfax Broom (WP:25; makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round; suitable to weather mages; broomstick), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is
Jinxed
), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd),
Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)
, Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear),

Spell Items
(unsuitable):
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Ruby (Fire), Scroll of Elemental Aura x2, Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Of Power and Mortals

Consumables:
Potion, 15x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 10x Remedy, 12x Mead, 8x Nostrum, Fenghuang Incense, Hurricane, 3x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Poisoned-by-10
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.), 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bone, Negative Nelly (Causes 30 damage and jinxed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), 2x Silver Ore, Trial Brew, Henry Award, Shining Polish (SP +2 to one shield or artifact that has SP when consumed.)

21264411861_15532446e4_t.jpg

Miirym
, 8-month-old Dragon hatchling (dragon companion controlled by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragon *Encouraged* *Sealed*

Power Bonus:

Power:

Health:
71/72

Element:
none

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 2/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

For now, Guts watches his teammates battle the wisps. While observes, he chows down on his five Level-up Mushrooms. He also takes off his battered Crocodile Armour in favour of his new Mail of the Renegade Commander, he takes off his Marauder's Mantle, deciding it doesn't go well with the new armour, and holds on to the Golden Sceptre he picked up somewhere in his belt instead of it.

"I'll be right back, have an idea to make this easier..." The Marauder mumbles to the battling heroes, not at all concerned that they haven't heard him. "Melquiades, back to Zeus's, if you will."

Another uncomfortable teleportation later, he stands face to face with the intriguing merchant once more.

"How much for an Agni Bomb?"

IMG_2632_zpsc7pecoqp.jpg

"Hello again! Agni Bomb you say? Shouldn't be too hard - work of alchemy, but not that far from magic, right? I'd say that'd set you back a good 150 gold. What do you say to that? Sound fair enough?"

Funny, Iceborn didn't seem too concerned when we talked to him about it.

You say it's not a threat to Etheria, but clearly it is if you went through the effort to block off access. If it's connected to Etheria's network, it's something I'd be concerned about. You have a team of Heroes on hand, if there's someone who knows what's behind that void we're the people to talk to. Is there nowhere else you could point me?

Melquiades disappears as Dyric finishes up his statement, and reappears with Guts.

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Sorry about that, part of the job. Anyway, I understand your want to investigate, but whatever it is that's threatening the room has gotta be threatening all of Vartland, somehow, or at least be near there. Remember, now, Etheria doesn't have any windows or doors - even if I warped you to the room, if the threat is, oh, say about ten meters away from the wall you're not gonna be able to easily get at it. Though it might be able to get at you, depending on what it is, and the rest of Etheria besides. Point being, it's a Vartland problem. Let Vartland deal with it. Assuming the room even is in Vartland. Hel, if I had to guess, it's underground wherever it is, either far north or far south, since it does thaw in the spring and summer of either place. So even if you got past the wall, which believe you me would take considerable force what with this being Etheria and magically reinforced and what not, you'd still be up against earth and rock."

"It may turn out to be nothing, but it's part of my job to ward rooms that look dangerous. So it's off limits." And then suddenly, Melquiades softens and a wry smile appears on his face. "Course, if a certain adventurous pretty little Selkreeth was thrown into the mix, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to convince me. Not many like us on the island, see. And that Lady Felix sure catches the eye. If you were maybe able to arrange for she and I to get some alone time, maybe I could arrange for you to take a peek at the Frozen Room. Then we'd both be learning a little something new."

Arthur nods in thanks to Miirym, and strikes at Sprite B from the Front Row. Miirym switches targets to Sprite A from the Back Row.

Melquiades disappears as Dyric finishes up his statement, and reappears with Guts.

"It may turn out to be nothing, but it's part of my job to ward rooms that look dangerous. So it's off limits." And then suddenly, Melquiades softens and a wry smile appears on his face. "Course, if a certain adventurous pretty little Selkreeth was thrown into the mix, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to convince me. Not many like us on the island, see. And that Lady Felix sure catches the eye. If you were maybe able to arrange for she and I to get some alone time, maybe I could arrange for you to take a peek at the Frozen Room. Then we'd both be learning a little something new."

Hmm... hey, Guts! You've got some sort of relationship with Felix, right?

Guts sighs. "I'll talk to her about spending some time with you, Melquiades. Any idea where she is at the moment? I'll go straight away. I won't guarantee anything, Lady Felix will do what she wants. While I am talking to her, you can take my friends to this Frozen Room?"

Guts buys two agni bombs, and also an Icy Halberd, he hands over 1050 gold. "It's a pleasure doing business, again."

Edited by Scubacarrot

So PCs do full damage to allies when confused? Yikes.

Hoke grunts in frustration after realizing he took out his only real chance to win this fight. As stubborn as always though, he continues the battle.

Hoke - A, Zoot's Order, Back Row