Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World

"Same goes for your type... Captain Iceborn. The resemblance with your crew is uncanny. I'll cut to the chase. We're here for the upcoming vote for our cause. I am sure you're a well informed skeletal.. Man.. Councillor, so I won't bore you with an explanation of something magical to a magician. So where do you stand?"

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"My crew..." Iceborn trails off, watching the heroes warily. "My crew. What do you know of that? Storming into my office spewing nonsense, talking about my crew!" Iceborn shakes his head. "What are you doing here? What magical cause of chaos are you championing this time, heroes?" He flips through some notes on his desk. "Can't you be content ruining your own island, or are you seeking to ruin our's as well? Driving out the only semblances of order. You're just as bad as the chaomancer - worse even. Humph. Heroes. Bah. Hardly."

"Wait, on the what--?!" But they were already gone. Drat. It's been far too long since I've caught up on current affairs in Heroica Hall. I'm out of the loop. Perhaps...

"<Such a philosophy is not without truth.>" Miirym observes.

"Yes, but not as Matthias sees it. There is might beyond mere force, Miirym. Wars may be won with words over wounds. Even where violence is unavoidable, it may still be minimized, as it was in my fight with Sven's champion. Restraint is what separates a boss from a bully."

Miirym dips her head in consideration.

Arthur sighs. "Well, I was hoping to glean more information from this meeting, but at least we're all mostly on the same page now." Arthur nods respectfully to the others. "I think I'll go meet with Bombast, but first I think I'll stop by the Forge Master, see about having some equipment improved. Melquiades, to the Forge Master, please."

"<Likewise.>"

dd06a5a8-e14d-4477-9790-c851f5cc00bd_zpsa0380a64.jpg

"Diplomacy can be a mighty tool as well. All power is not brute force. Our intellect and ability to build community also grants us strength."

IMG_2374_zpszvwwzoyg.jpg

"The problem of course being that we pretend that intellect is some how finer than brute force, or vice versa. It's the same bull shit as always - separating out the two. In survival they're equal tools."

dd06a5a8-e14d-4477-9790-c851f5cc00bd_zpsa0380a64.jpg

"But we'll have time enough for tea later. You have a whole island to explore."

Arthur and Hoke are whisked away to the forge. (Want to give Purpearl a chance to respond before you arrive, but if she doesn't respond in about 24 hours I'll move you there.)

Iceborn, you reached the Fountain of Youth, correct?

Iceborn's eyes narrow.

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"No. Why? Why do you heroes know so much about my crew and the Fountain?"

We were hired to track down the Fountain. We found the remains of your crew, and half the map you left behind. Nifty magic on that, by the way. Though I suppose you didn't make it, if you haven't been to the Fountain yourself.

Oh, sorry, I meant to accept!

I take off the Stick Gloves and put on the Quiver of Blinding Light and Crystal Shoes. H ow long have I had an open slot? :wacko:

OOC: You must have de-equipped the COTRA at some point. It's better in your inventory for now in case you want to switch.

Hybros watches the visions before him, and then the other heroes speak. He keeps an eye on Iceborn the entire time, watching carefully for any facial expression (or whatever the equivalent was for skeletons) that would give the necromancer's feelings away. Finally, the imp interjects.

"Ehehm, please excuse us for barging in like this, Captain. My name is Hybros. As Dyric here said, we were hired to find a few artifacts and bring them together to... well, bring back someone very important. You are no stranger to necromancy, so I think that you would see this goal as an admirable one."

He paused for a moment, considering the possibility of overwhelming the council member with too many questions at once. "And, ehehm, I am curious... If necromancy is your specialty, how would animal intelligence rate on your scale of unnaturalness? Eheh..."

Iceborn turns to the heroes. "What do you want? Here to make some trouble? Always trouble with your type."

"Same goes for your type... Captain Iceborn. The resemblance with your crew is uncanny. I'll cut to the chase. We're here for the upcoming vote for our cause. I am sure you're a well informed skeletal.. Man.. Councillor, so I won't bore you with an explanation of something magical to a magician. So where do you stand?"

"My crew..." Iceborn trails off, watching the heroes warily. "My crew. What do you know of that? Storming into my office spewing nonsense, talking about my crew!" Iceborn shakes his head. "What are you doing here? What magical cause of chaos are you championing this time, heroes?" He flips through some notes on his desk. "Can't you be content ruining your own island, or are you seeking to ruin ours as well? Driving out the only semblances of order. You're just as bad as the chaomancer - worse even. Humph. Heroes. Bah. Hardly."

Iceborn, you reached the Fountain of Youth, correct?

Iceborn's eyes narrow. "No. Why? Why do you heroes know so much about my crew and the Fountain?"

We were hired to track down the Fountain. We found the remains of your crew, and half the map you left behind. Nifty magic on that, by the way. Though I suppose you didn't make it, if you haven't been to the Fountain yourself.

Matthias sighs as Rone and Holla make a mess of introductions, and speaks up from somewhere around the party's knees. "Captain Iceborn, my name is Matthias; these are my comrades Master Guts and Master Dyric. We do apologize for barging in and for the inquisitive bombardment; we owe you a debt for your map to the Fountain of Youth, if indeed it was your map." Here the gnome pauses, and clears his throat quietly. "In which case, I must regretfully inform you of the passing of your," another throat clearing, "crew, such as they were."

"What Master Holla alluded to is that, as you are a member of the Council of Etheria, our employers entreat your favor in resurrecting an 'Old God', as it were: Passion. They have found all the necessary material and a willing host body, and desire only that the Council allow them to proceed without interference. Some of us are not convinced it is a good idea. The chaomancer seems all for it, though." Matthias' internal conflict over the group's decision only bleeds over a little into his voice. While his words are not openly seditious, his tone makes it clear where he stands on the matter. "I think that the three of us - or at least I - would very much like to hear what you know about the 'Old Gods,' the Fountain of Youth, and the other council members, if you would be so obliging as to give us your time."

Stats look good; I re-arranged the loot into my inventory for easier reading.

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (StickFig)

Level 26 Druid
*Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to
Bound
Slowed

Power Bonus
: 20 (+2 WP)

Defense
: 4

Health
: 36/36

Ether
: 26/26

Gold:

Equipment
: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:9, also hits enemies listed above and below the target,
Darkness
- and
Lightning
-elemental, user is
Slowed
, hand cannon, poisoned -10), Hunter's Plate (SP:4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (Protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects, footwear), DDSSA (+2 health, +2 WP, +10 power)

Inventory
: Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8, crossbow), XX Handcannon Replica (WP:12, pierces defense, hand cannon), Ruby (
Fire
), 4x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2x Elixir, Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 4x Remedy, 4x Tonic, Doomsday Bomb (Deals 99 damage, bomb), 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a â…™ chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle, headwear), Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to water; accessory), 2x Phoenix Essence, Opal, Anvil of Oleg (Quest Item), Garnet, Bone x4, Grand Tonic

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png

Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig)

Level 26 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power Bonus: 20 (+2 WP)

Defense: 4

Health: 23/36

Ether: 6/26

Gold: 1432

Equipment: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:9, also hits enemies listed above and below the target, Darkness- and Lightning-elemental, user is Slowed, hand cannon, poisoned -10), Hunter's Plate (SP:4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (Protects from Bound and Slowed effects, footwear), DDSSA (+2 health, +2 WP, +10 power)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8, crossbow), XX Handcannon Replica (WP:12, pierces defense, hand cannon), Garnet (Earth), Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2x Elixir, Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 4x Remedy, 4x Tonic, Doomsday Bomb (Deals 99 damage, bomb), 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a â…™ chance of being Encouraged at the start of any battle, headwear), Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to water; accessory), 2x Phoenix Essence, Anvil of Oleg (Quest Item)

And just so I'm reading this right, the Etherial gems will each have a different effect based on the type of gem; and the following are all true?

1) Spells cast through that gem give the target the associated effect.

2) Weapons imbued with that gem deal elemental damage and the associated effect.

3) Equipment imbued with that gem protect from the associated element and the associated effect.

True?

OoC: No Purpearl. :look:

Hoke and Arthur arrive in the Hall of Crystals. Of in the dim lights, they can see Purpearl hunched over a gem. The Forge Master approaches them.

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Yes?" he asks curtly.

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"My crew?" asks Iceborn, his demeanor cracking a little. "I assumed them lost... I had hoped they'd come for me if they were still alive... but..." his eyes fall. "The map was mine. I found it after years of searching in Vartland. I was a different man in those days." He glances down at his body. "In more ways than one. We set out, my crew and I, for Baltarok. On the way, the sea rose against us. Njordon in all his fury destroyed our ship and threw me into the waves. Only by his grace was I saved. But the message was clear. That map was not meant for mortals. I assumed my crew lost, and their half of the map with them." The Captain suddenly gets angry. "But what right do you have to play with an old man's heart! What proof do you have that you found my crew?"

Hybros watches the visions before him, and then the other heroes speak. He keeps an eye on Iceborn the entire time, watching carefully for any facial expression (or whatever the equivalent was for skeletons) that would give the necromancer's feelings away. Finally, the imp interjects.

"Ehehm, please excuse us for barging in like this, Captain. My name is Hybros. As Dyric here said, we were hired to find a few artifacts and bring them together to... well, bring back someone very important. You are no stranger to necromancy, so I think that you would see this goal as an admirable one."

He paused for a moment, considering the possibility of overwhelming the council member with too many questions at once. "And, ehehm, I am curious... If necromancy is your specialty, how would animal intelligence rate on your scale of unnaturalness? Eheh..."

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Hm? What? Animals are for food." Iceborn's eyes grow icy (pun intended). "Bring someone back? Who exactly? And why? And why am I just being told of this? I am the Head Necromancer on the island. If you need someone back, it's me you should be talking to. Who put you up to this?"

Matthias sighs as Rone and Holla make a mess of introductions, and speaks up from somewhere around the party's knees. "Captain Iceborn, my name is Matthias; these are my comrades Master Guts and Master Dyric. We do apologize for barging in and for the inquisitive bombardment; we owe you a debt for your map to the Fountain of Youth, if indeed it was your map." Here the gnome pauses, and clears his throat quietly. "In which case, I must regretfully inform you of the passing of your," another throat clearing, "crew, such as they were."

"What Master Holla alluded to is that, as you are a member of the Council of Etheria, our employers entreat your favor in resurrecting an 'Old God', as it were: Passion. They have found all the necessary material and a willing host body, and desire only that the Council allow them to proceed without interference. Some of us are not convinced it is a good idea. The chaomancer seems all for it, though." Matthias' internal conflict over the group's decision only bleeds over a little into his voice. While his words are not openly seditious, his tone makes it clear where he stands on the matter. "I think that the three of us - or at least I - would very much like to hear what you know about the 'Old Gods,' the Fountain of Youth, and the other council members, if you would be so obliging as to give us your time."

And just so I'm reading this right, the Etherial gems will each have a different effect based on the type of gem; and the following are all true?

1) Spells cast through that gem give the target the associated effect.

2) Weapons imbued with that gem deal elemental damage and the associated effect.

3) Equipment imbued with that gem protect from the associated element and the associated effect.

True?

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Proof again, I say!" growls the Captain, though he does nod in appreciation of the gnome's considerably better manners. "But if what you say is true, I will be in your debt, Matthias. Many years I have wondered after my crew."

"Amarcolm," the Captain spits... sort of. As best as one can without any moisture in their throat. "It was not my choice to allow him to join the Council, I'll let you know! He's a maniac. Very disrespectful too." The old Captain scratches his beard. "The Old Gods... the Fountain... Passion... those are all things that I have not thought of for many years. As I said, when I was a younger man, the Fountain held much appeal to me. That's waned in the past hundreds of years. But the Old Gods - we do not worship their likes in Vartland. All I know of them I have heard here on this island. Figures like them, immortal beasts, appear in ancient ancient Nordic texts, but the references are vague. The Mother of Hope is fine, far as I can tell. She's vain and reserved, but she's never steered Etheria wrong as long as I've been here, and the word around is that she's one of them. Course, that doesn't mean anything. Don't know what the Hel she's up to anyway. She predates me on the Council."

"As for the other Council members... like I said, Amarcolm is an megablocks. Bombast is all the worse. A stupid frivolous child who somehow got some power and doesn't know what to do with it. Piglina might be the best of the bunch, but she's just as conniving as the others. All trying to seek out their own little corner of power. Pathetic, and young."

I show Iceborn the map, if we have it, and the cabin boy's rags. We found these with your ship, captain. I believe it will be all the proof necessary.

I think we all have some trepidation at the though of bringing back Passion, but many are convinced it may be necessary. Dark times are rising. I've witnessed the power of your Cold Circles, we could use your support.

Out of curiosity, what can you tell me about this map, and who made it?

Hoke and Arthur arrive in the Hall of Crystals. Of in the dim lights, they can see Purpearl hunched over a gem. The Forge Master approaches them.

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Yes?" he asks curtly.

"We caught word that perhaps you can assist us in finding or creating gems similar to this," Hoke says as he shows the Forge Master his Etherial Topaz.

OoC: No Purpearl. :look:

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Yes?" he asks curtly.

"We caught word that perhaps you can assist us in finding or creating gems similar to this," Hoke says as he shows the Forge Master his Etherial Topaz.

"To add to what my companion said, there is an Amethyst in my Dauntlet Index--" as he speaks, Arthur indicates the weapon of which he speaks "--that I would like to replace with its Ethereal counterpart. Would that be possible?"

Hybros sighed, and let Dyric and Matthias address the issue of Passion. They seemed to be having better luck. "I am sure Piglina would disagree that she is or was food."

"Proof again, I say!" growls the Captain, though he does nod in appreciation of the gnome's considerably better manners. "But if what you say is true, I will be in your debt, Matthias. Many years I have wondered after my crew."

I show Iceborn the map, if we have it, and the cabin boy's rags. We found these with your ship, captain. I believe it will be all the proof necessary.

One half of the map is in Guts' inventory; not sure what happened to Zane's half?

Matthias watches Rone display the rags and map. "If you need more proof of our tale, perhaps you may discern the Fountain's effects on me... I have tasted the waters."

I think we all have some trepidation at the though of bringing back Passion, but many are convinced it may be necessary. Dark times are rising. I've witnessed the power of your Cold Circles, we could use your support.

Out of curiosity, what can you tell me about this map, and who made it?

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"I..." Iceborn stares at the map and at the rags. "Thank you. I had long given up hope of ever hearing of my crew's fate." His face falls. "I am in your debt, hero."

"I cannot tell you what the map is from, or who made it. It is very old, older even then me. All I know is that it was once buried deep under the ice in Vartland."

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"You came to the right place. You looking to convert some of your own, or you need my supply? If you're looking for something other than Topazes, I'll warn you, it's limited. I keep only one of each gem on reserve when they are out of season - or at least only one I'm willing to part with."

"To add to what my companion said, there is an Amethyst in my Dauntlet Index--" as he speaks, Arthur indicates the weapon of which he speaks "--that I would like to replace with its Ethereal counterpart. Would that be possible?"

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Like I said, I've only got one of each type of gem. As for getting that gem out of your weapon, don't know why you'd put one in it in the first place. Aren't you some sort of mage?"

Hybros sighed, and let Dyric and Matthias address the issue of Passion. They seemed to be having better luck. "I am sure Piglina would disagree that she is or was food."

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Talk to her about it, then."

One half of the map is in Guts' inventory; not sure what happened to Zane's half?

Matthias watches Rone display the rags and map. "If you need more proof of our tale, perhaps you may discern the Fountain's effects on me... I have tasted the waters."

OoC: You guys have the full map. Sorry about that.

Iceborn views Matthias wearily.

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"So you've tasted it, huh? And you're under the protection of the Norns." He scowls. "You are a most unnatural and dangerous creature, Matthias. You can be certain, the legions of Helvetia will always be on your heels, for you have cheated the goddess of us all."

"Fine then, what can you tell me about the Frozen Room? Why would Melquaidas refuse to take me there?"

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"You came to the right place. You looking to convert some of your own, or you need my supply? If you're looking for something other than Topazes, I'll warn you, it's limited. I keep only one of each gem on reserve when they are out of season - or at least only one I'm willing to part with."

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Like I said, I've only got one of each type of gem. As for getting that gem out of your weapon, don't know why you'd put one in it in the first place. Aren't you some sort of mage?"

"Former," Arthur replies. "If there was some way I could cast spells while still staying by Miirym's side, I would, but until then I have to make do with mundane imbuement." Arthur frowns at the notice of short supply. "Well, I am still interested in removing the Amethyst from this weapon and converting it, but if that is not possible I would like to know what effects I would gain by converting my Opal, Garnet, or Ruby. I'm still deciding which I'd like to tackle first, though I am leaning towards the Opal."

"Yes, could you tell us the ethereal properties of each gem. Also, is there a place on this island where we can purchase more gems?"

OoC: Scuba? Purpearl?

"Fine then, what can you tell me about the Frozen Room? Why would Melquaidas refuse to take me there?"

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Don't know. If you can figure it out, or get in there, I think I know a Norn that'd give you a pat on the back. But I can't control the Void Masters. Gave up on that a long time ago. Stubborn little pricks. Especially Melquiades."

"Former," Arthur replies. "If there was some way I could cast spells while still staying by Miirym's side, I would, but until then I have to make do with mundane imbuement." Arthur frowns at the notice of short supply. "Well, I am still interested in removing the Amethyst from this weapon and converting it, but if that is not possible I would like to know what effects I would gain by converting my Opal, Garnet, or Ruby. I'm still deciding which I'd like to tackle first, though I am leaning towards the Opal."

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Opals make things fragile, garnets can seal things, and rubies make people enraged or afraid, depending on what you pick. That's the way it is."

"Yes, could you tell us the ethereal properties of each gem. Also, is there a place on this island where we can purchase more gems?"

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Guess it'll be easier to just list them out now and get them out of the way. As for who has gems - probably everyone on the island has their own stash. It's just a question of if you can get them to give them up."

Ruby - Afraid/Enraged

Aquamarine - Confused

Garnet - Sealed

Sapphire - Slowed

Opal - Fragile

Topaz - Stunned

Emerald - Bound

Diamond - Blinded

Amethyst - Blinded

"In that case, I would like to convert my Garnet to an Ethereal Garnet, please. And I would be interested in buying your spare Ethereal Amethyst as well, since it does not seem possible to remove the Amethyst from my weapon at the moment."

Edited by Flipz

"So you've tasted it, huh? And you're under the protection of the Norns." He scowls. "You are a most unnatural and dangerous creature, Matthias. You can be certain, the legions of Helvetia will always be on your heels, for you have cheated the goddess of us all."

"I appreciate the warning, Captain Iceborn. But I don't really understand the effects of the Fountain's waters."

Matthias turns to Hybros, Rone, and Holla. "What do we do now?"

Hybros seems to have a couple mysteries at hand. Might as well cover them before re-convening at the council. Hybros, you talk to Piglina about whatever, Matthias and I will talk to Melquidas.

"You are indeed in our debt. Finding your crew, laying them to rest, not to mention carrying this damn map halfway around the world. Vote in support of Guffington's plan and we're even. Goodbye Captain."

"I think I shall join Arthur and Hoke at this mystical forge. Be careful you three."

Guts calls for the portal-mage and after arriving and receiving an explanation asks Arthur: "Could I borrow your spare opal?"

"You are indeed in our debt. Finding your crew, laying them to rest, not to mention carrying this damn map halfway around the world. Vote in support of Guffington's plan and we're even. Goodbye Captain."

"I think I shall join Arthur and Hoke at this mystical forge. Be careful you three."

Guts calls for the portal-mage and after arriving and receiving an explanation asks Arthur: "Could I borrow your spare opal?"

"Hmm...I was planning to convert it myself, but if you want to borrow it, sure. I'll just try to help out with the Ice Room situation instead."

Edited by Flipz

The hero takes damage/loses ether equal to the number of rounds they've spent forging etherial gems. (Round 1, -1 health/ether, Round 2, -2 health/ether). This will carry over between forging gems, so the more gems you forge the more difficult it will become.

"Well, you seemed like a seasoned master, I am surprised you are still alive. If what you said is true (forging gets harder), either you are the one that possesses infinite health and ether, or you are one lazy bone. But I would like to start off with your spare Amethyst."

"Hmm...I was planning to convert it myself, but if you want to borrow it, sure. I'll just try to help out with the Ice Room situation instead."

"If you want to use yours yourself, do it. I'll buy the one the Forge Master has in stock. How much is it?"

"In that case, I would like to convert my Garnet to an Ethereal Garnet, please. And I would be interested in buying your spare Ethereal Amethyst as well, since it does not seem possible to remove the Amethyst from my weapon at the moment."

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Just got a regular amethyst, you'd have to convert it yourself. But like I said, the lady gets first pick. You ready to try your garnet?"

"I appreciate the warning, Captain Iceborn. But I don't really understand the effects of the Fountain's waters."

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Glad you felt comfortable toying with powers you didn't understand. Bodes well."

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Not quite as easy as that. Whoever this Guffington fellow is, if he's anything like you - sounds like he's in way over his head. But I'll keep out of your way for the time being. Just don't expect my help." Iceborn scratches his beard. "But I do owe you. Here's an opal for each of you who brought me the news." Matthias, Dyric and Guts all receive an opal! "Let's call it even now. Not going to compromise my principles, even over this news. Especially not for unnatural heroes."

"Well, you seemed like a seasoned master, I am surprised you are still alive. If what you said is true (forging gets harder), either you are the one that possesses infinite health and ether, or you are one lazy bone. But I would like to start off with your spare Amethyst."

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"You get better at it," he says as way of explanation. "Let's get started. I did warn ya, it's easier with a helper. You'll all get less gems out of it, but you may survive easier."

Purpearl is suddenly faced with darkness, and her vision winks out.

The Enemies

Darkness Sprite A

Level ?? Dark

Health: 200/200

Special: Devilish Time - Adds 1 round to the round count.

Sprite's level is equal to the hero's.

Darkness Sprite B

Level ?? Dark

Darkness Sprite C

Level ?? Dark

The Hero

21379215826_aefc7acd04_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven
Mystic Knight

Level 24.66
*Immune to
Earth
Fragile
* *Nimble* *Blinded*

Power Bonus:

Defense:
(15 + 4 + 5)

Health:
38/38
(Base 5 + 24 Levels + 7 Health Bonus - 2 Penalty #102, + 4 Tunic)

Ether:
33/33
(Base 5 + 22 Levels + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Zelphie's Staff (WP: 21, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Arm Shield (SP:15, shield), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to
Fragile
suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators)
Dastan Helmet (SP: 4, Immune to Earth),
Coathanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides
Nimble
Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear),

Inventory:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8,
Sleep
effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5,
Darkness
Elemental), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the
Poisoned
by 3 effect, mace), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to
Fire
),
Dastan Greatsword (WP: 10, +2 WP for all other Dastan Equipment), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators),
Enchanted Braclet (Protects from Sealed Effect,
hand wear),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents the wearer from having gold stolen,
hand wear), Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP: 1, multiplied by the number of party members,
back wear),
Prismatic Focus (Wearer can cast two spells in one round; suitable to mages, necromancers and weather mages; accessory.)

Spell Items:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to electric for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

Consumables:
Potion, 8 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, 4 Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, 2 Level Up Mushroom, 3 Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Ice Bomb,
Nostrum

Decamon Deck:
Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools:
Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Melquidas, we would have word with you.

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Fine by me," says Melquiades as he materializes in the office and grabs Rone by the arm. "Want to take it to the City Center? I don't think Iceborn is too keen on me using his office as a meeting space."

"I'll try this one," Hoke says as he presents his Aquamarine to the Forge Master.

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Get to it."

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Dark

Water Sprite B

Level ?? Dark

Water Sprite C

Level ?? Dark

The Hero

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4
*Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning
* *Confused*

Power Bonus: 0, +7 WP

Defense: 41

Health: 93/93 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 588

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental),
Sven's Heavy Armor
(SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),
Bone Claws
(+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),
Great Axpeord
(WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Heavy Armo
r (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),
Coat Hanger
(Allows for a second body wear, Accessory),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold), Gold Bar, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg

Torc the Adult Brown Dragon *Confused*

Female Dragon Adult

Level 55.2

Health: 85/85

Element: Fire

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 3/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

"If you want to use yours yourself, do it. I'll buy the one the Forge Master has in stock. How much is it?"

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"We can negotiate price after you convert it. But it looks like you might have your own you're forgetting about. Happens on the island. Hard to keep track of what you have when."