Anyway, since discussion is allowed, I'm going to share some thoughts.

I really like Jay's Dragon, and the head is again superb (but not as inpressive as Master Wu's dragon IMO)

The bike chase looks like a fun set for playing with and I'm sure kids will love it, but the bikes themselves aren't very unique.

Cole's Dragon is better than the promo picture revealed yesterday makes it appear to be... It's a good dragon for its size

The Sky Shark looks pretty good, but take away the treasure chests and anchors and give it a new color scheme and it would work as a generic spaceship

Zeppelin is much better and is really unique, but Zane's flier is a bit dubious

Tiger Widow island is nice; the mini blimp is so cute!

70605 is one of the best and my favorites; the whole shaping makes it so much more unique than the Sky Shark

After looking at all new pictures I noticed that new shoulder armor piece is pretty rare. Only Jay and Cole get it, and it only appears in 3 sets. This piece seems really nice, hope it's just the preliminary pics, and actual sets will have more then 3 of these new pieces.

After looking at all new pictures I noticed that new shoulder armor piece is pretty rare. Only Jay and Cole get it, and it only appears in 3 sets. This piece seems really nice, hope it's just the preliminary pics, and actual sets will have more then 3 of these new pieces.

Is that the rumored dual-same-side-tilted katana armor piece? That's actually going to be a thing? :cry_happy:

Okay, so Cole's dragon is pretty much an upscaled Mixel, which is only to be expected, but why does Nya's cycle look glowing pink? That new piece on the front of the Toxikita look-alike's vehicle looks like a combination of the minigun piece with an enlarged version of the 2 to 3 wide cone. Jay's dragon looks awesome, and also kind of adorable (that goofy expression is the best). In general, the Pirate vehicles look pretty damn awesome, except that skull on the front of the zeppelin, which looks like a little too much white. I'm really saddened by how little Tiger Widow Island seems to be. There's no way that rock is anything but CGI, which leaves the rest as bare bones stuff, a few polybag vehicles worth and a bigfig. If I turn out to have the CGI judgement skills of a chipmunk, however, I'd be a lot more impressed. The little bagpipe-esque details on the Sky shark are intriguing.

Here are my thoughts on the sets:

Cole's Dragon: A good little set for the price, but I wish it was Ghost Cole and that the dragon had different eyes.

Kai and Nya's motorcycles: I think, I will skip this set.

Sky Shark: Doesn't really look like a shark, its an okay flying vehicle.

Jay's Dragon: I really like this dragon, but I don't think it's as good as Morro's or sensai Wu's Dragon.

The Blimp: One of my favorites of this way, I only wish it had more brown and that there were more ships like this in the wave.

The Island: This is an okay set, but I think this set is more about the figures than the island.

Misfortunes Keep: My favorite set of this way, I like the monster face look of the ship.

Anyone have any information on this set; 70590 Airjitzu Temple Grounds?

Nope, and we won't for another month or two.

Nope, and we won't for another month or two.

If Huw's sources are to be believed... (and we should believe them).

If Huw's sources are to be believed... (and we should believe them).

I certainly do, but why is it that there are only some names for the 2016 summer sets listed? You would think that it would be a list of all of the names or a list of just set numbers, right? :wacko:

Jay's Elemental Dragon, Raid Zeppelin, Tiger Widow Island and Misfortune's Keep look really. really good.

This is gonna be a great wave.

Does Cole have a yellow head in the dragon-and a ghost-head in the island-set?

Does Cole have a yellow head in the dragon-and a ghost-head in the island-set?

Yup, it's sad. It makes no sense at all to make him have the yellow head. He's like Zane from the rebooted sets, by having the normal face in a cheap set, then having the new exclusive face in the more expensive set. Now Jay doesn't look like he's having an eye patch.

Yup, it's sad. It makes no sense at all to make him have the yellow head. He's like Zane from the rebooted sets, by having the normal face in a cheap set, then having the new exclusive face in the more expensive set. Now Jay doesn't look like he's having an eye patch.

That's a really cheap move by Lego. But hey, Sets gotta sell, or at least according to the guys who suggested that idea.

Keep in mind that, as these pictures are preliminary, any of this could change. After all, Nadakhan is orange, not white as the prelims show.

I don't think that it's that big of an issue. If leaked descriptions and prices from Canadian Toys R Us are correct then Tiger Widow Island isn't that expensive, 50-60$. So it won't be that hard to get ghost Cole minifig, also theres always Bricklink. Overall most of the sets look a lot smaller than drawings led to believe. This wave will be a really cheap one with flagship sets price at 80-90$, compared to Ghost wave this summer.

I don't think that it's that big of an issue. If leaked descriptions and prices from Canadian Toys R Us are correct then Tiger Widow Island isn't that expensive, 50-60$. So it won't be that hard to get ghost Cole minifig, also theres always Bricklink. Overall most of the sets look a lot smaller than drawings led to believe. This wave will be a really cheap one with flagship sets price at 80-90$, compared to Ghost wave this summer.

Winter sets are allways cheaper than summer sets.

After zooming in CSI-Style, I think the handguards of the new pirate-swords might be skull-shaped.

Or is that already known?

I already noticed it on the tweeted poster :tongue: But, I don't know if anyone has said it before.

is nya getting a new robe?

i'd like for her to get a deepstone(black) variant robe.

At this point, it seems like she will have the same one as last season, judging from the prelims. Welcome to Eurobricks btw! :classic:

I'm not positive about Tiger Widow Island--it looks like it could be great, depending on price and all that. I'm excited to see what the final pictures look like--that landscaping looks great. It's a perfect mix between believable and fantastical.

The Command Zeppelin, on the other hand, looks amazing. I have $25 of VIP points to use, and I may well use it on that--such a cool-looking set. I hope they don't change too much about it, because it's just about perfect now--it perfectly sums up "sky pirates" to me.

The others look cool, but those two are the ones that I'll seriously consider buying. Maybe Cole's Dragon or that pirate polybag to bulk up my pirate crew if I skip Tiger Widow Island.

Edited by Tea Weevil

On the pictures, there are no any golden weapons showing. Although they´re just preeliminary (Sorry for the spelling). Do we still have any hope for them?

On the pictures, there are no any golden weapons showing. Although they´re just preeliminary (Sorry for the spelling). Do we still have any hope for them?

Maybe nunchucks = elemental dragon? The weapons could very well appear in the show.

At this point, it seems like she will have the same one as last season, judging from the prelims.

I would have mixed feelings on that. I like characters to keep their outfit for a while in the show (not 3 minutes like the ToE outfits), but I don't like it at the same time since I can't get a new variant fig. I however, do like the compromise between the two, it's kinda the same as last year, while varying enough to get. And it would work in the show as well.

Keep in mind that, as these pictures are preliminary, any of this could change. After all, Nadakhan is orange, not white as the prelims show.

Doesn't seem like Lego to do that. And realistically, more people would buy the set with a ghost Cole in it, so why not the expensiver one? Same seems to be happening with Jay.

After all, it would be too easy to just spend like 35 euros and get the 2 most significant figs, and have 2 pirates, which is about the same worth as a battle pack, except you have 2 special figs.

Wow, the 2016 sets look really... Crappy. The theme has so much potential and then they do this???

Totally lacking any good inspiration.