That is charming and straight to the point.... :laugh:

Perhaps as a car designer you would like to elaborate on how he could make it more realistic to your standards (pictures may be easier)?

I my self think that it is quite futuristic.

Well said Alasdair :laugh:

@ItalianBrick: Always happy to learn to improve, so I'm interested in your view. What can be improved, what makes it ugly in your eyes?

car designer

Wait what? Like a lego MOC car designer :laugh: or an actual car designer?

Either way, I disagree with you. The lines on this car remind me very much of those on a Ferrari 330 P4. And it's considered to be one of the prettiest Ferraris of all time.

1967-ferrari-330-p4.jpg

Edited by sm1995

as car designer

Now I'm curious - which car(s) did you design, or help design? And which part/component of the car do you design?

@ItalianBrick: Always happy to learn to improve, so I'm interested in your view. What can be improved, what makes it ugly in your eyes?

I don't think you need anyone to teach or tell you how to do! You definitelly know very well! You've always made incredible MOCs! What I'm saying is if that car would be made in real life it would look so ugly that you would walk away from it!

Look at the emptiness on the rear wheelarches...it makes the car soggy, like if the body it's too low compare to the wheel arches line. The overhangs are unproportionated aswell....but again I'm sure my opinion comes from real experiences and propably cannot be fully applied to lego cars.

P.S. your rear end has the same problem of the Porsche Cayman 987, and the same as the McLaren P1, great cars but the lack of volumes over the rear wheel arces.

Ok maybe let me suggest something: the cabin is placed in the middle, this never happens. A front engine car would have a long bonnet and the cabin sitting on the real wheels (BMW Z4 E86 Coupe) or a rear engine car would have the cabin closer to the front wheels and a longer rear hood (lamborghini Murcielago),

Also, your wheels are too inboard, this makes the car looking fragile, cheap, and not aggressive, a bit bubbling aswell.

Also, looking at the first pic you can see the emptiness over the rear end, feels like something is missing! Add a spoiler and things will improve!

@ Busterhaus, real car designer designing both interior and exteriors.

@ sm1995, one thing is what it reminds you, one thing is what it actually is!

The top view reminds me a woman wearing a corset, too squeezed!

Edited by TheItalianBrick

@ Busterhaus, real car designer designing both interior and exteriors.

I don't doubt the veracity of your claim, I just wanted to know what cars you worked on. If you don't feel like listing all of them, at least name a few - maybe the ones you thought were the best.

I don't doubt the veracity of your claim, I just wanted to know what cars you worked on. If you don't feel like listing all of them, at least name a few - maybe the ones you thought were the best.

We are going off topic! When you work for a company as cardesigner you are not the only one. It's a team work! Sometimes I can come with a winning sketch (or KEY sketch) and then things start from there...the car evolves till the final product. I've worked on many projects like Ferrari and Maserati, at the moment I work for LandRover.

Ok maybe let me suggest something: the cabin is placed in the middle, this never happens. A front engine car would have a long bonnet and the cabin sitting on the real wheels (BMW Z4 E86 Coupe) or a rear engine car would have the cabin closer to the front wheels and a longer rear hood (lamborghini Murcielago),

I'm designing a Lego supercar too, and by looking at tons of images of mid-engine supercars, the cockpit position seems pretty okay. Sure, there are some extreme examples of a longer rear hood, but some reference images:

https://www.google.h...=lnms&tbm=isch

sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIlfbi77XlxgIVwgssCh1lhAi3

EDIT: now that I'm looking at the Lego car again, the door and the side window does suggest a bit, that the cockpit is not enough at the front. But if you look at the seats, they are in good place.

Apart from that, I do agree that the overall shape is a bit off (the small details are awesome). I can't express it as I'm not a car designer, but it doesn't look a strong/aggressive/powerful car, especially the side view.

Edited by Lipko

We are going off topic! When you work for a company as cardesigner you are not the only one. It's a team work! Sometimes I can come with a winning sketch (or KEY sketch) and then things start from there...the car evolves till the final product. I've worked on many projects like Ferrari and Maserati, at the moment I work for LandRover.

Well then you better not look at my 458 thread then :grin::look:

Well then you better not look at my 458 thread then :grin::look:

Your 458 looks impressive so far! What I liked about it are the details and the clean design of it. infact I'm waiting for progress and the final model!

Your 458 looks impressive so far! What I liked about it are the details and the clean design of it. infact I'm waiting for progress and the final model!

Wow, thanks a lot :blush:

Apologies for the OT posts, now lets get back on track. What do you mean by "emptiness on the rear wheelarches" though? Is it the fact that the c-pillars are rather low compared to the "bulging" and tall wheel arches? Looking at the P1, it seems like the roofline abruptly ends thanks to the tall rear arches.. is this what you mean?

Also, please note that I'm not trying to be condescending or offensive with these questions, I'm just trying to understand your point of view :classic:

Edited by sm1995

I've worked on many projects like Ferrari and Maserati, at the moment I work for LandRover.

I'll bring this back on topic: the brands you work(ed) on are considered luxury - at least in North America - and are not renowned for putting out ugly products. Yet search the Internet for any of these brand names followed by "ugly" and you'll find a whole lot of people expressing sentiments that sound a lot like "this car it's probably one of the ugliest car ever! i mean those shapes are far away from what you would like to see in real life". It doesn't prove that these cars are ugly, but rather that you can't please everyone.

The Mistress is a very good MOC that happens to have a couple of "unrealistic" proportions. However, seeing as it's a fictional car that will never be built in real life, maybe we should only compare it to other Lego supercars - at which point your claim of "the ugliest car ever" goes out the window, as there are many attempts at supercars that don't reach this level of execution.

You can still say voice your complaints about the proportions, design or layout, but using hyperbole almost guarantees that your opinion will be discounted.

maybe we should only compare it to other Lego supercars - at which point your claim of "the ugliest car ever" goes out the window, as there are many attempts at supercars that don't reach this level of execution.

This is indeed a good point! And in a way I've already agreed with you when I said that overall it's a great moc and in general Jeroen has done amazing MOCs. Still if I look at the aspect of this moc it looks like those cars that kids draw, ion a way shapes are not mature! The word futuristic mentioned by many of you has nothing to do with ugliness or beauty of thing! Something can be futuristic and still amazing, or either way can be a nowadays design and be wrong.

P.S. Speaking about ferrari and similar brands, they don't necessary do always the best things, neither they work perfectly. it's not about the brand really.

Now going back to the Mistress, my main feeling is that it looks like one of those cars from the movie "CARS", in one word it looks like a caricature.

If Jeroen agrees I can do a photoshop based on the pics to give some advices. Maybe if he feels like to change is car one day we will find out if my advices were right! :classic:

This is indeed a good point! And in a way I've already agreed with you when I said that overall it's a great moc and in general Jeroen has done amazing MOCs. Still if I look at the aspect of this moc it looks like those cars that kids draw, ion a way shapes are not mature! The word futuristic mentioned by many of you has nothing to do with ugliness or beauty of thing! Something can be futuristic and still amazing, or either way can be a nowadays design and be wrong.

P.S. Speaking about ferrari and similar brands, they don't necessary do always the best things, neither they work perfectly. it's not about the brand really.

Now going back to the Mistress, my main feeling is that it looks like one of those cars from the movie "CARS", in one word it looks like a caricature.

If Jeroen agrees I can do a photoshop based on the pics to give some advices. Maybe if he feels like to change is car one day we will find out if my advices were right! :classic:

I'd be very interested to see that. Like I said, I like to learn and I do recognize that the area around the rearwheels is a bit off.

I'd be ready to pay to get the instructions! Love red technic supercars!

A few more weeks, and you'll get instructions for a white version in the deal as well...

This is by far the sleekies & sexiest technic super car I have ever seen, the only very slight complaint is the missing of RC function, but even if it just work as a display model, it blows my mind away

Hi,

I have finalized the instructions for The Mistress and put them for sale in the bazaar section of Eurobricks:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113539

You can buy the instructions for this model by sending me a PM or an email (jjottens (at) onsmail.nl) and I will provide you with the payment details (paypal or IBAN).

The price for these instructions is 11 euros. In addition to the instructions for the red model, you will also get instructions for a white version in which (almost) all rare parts are designed out:

20663678955_6eca9e8740_c.jpg

Here is an example page of the instructions you will get:

20477038989_041b6ef6b9_c.jpg

Nice model but why do you make us PAY for the instructions :cry_sad::cry3: I would buy these if I had the parts :laugh:

Nice model but why do you make us PAY for the instructions.

Because he put a lot of work into it purely so that others could build it.

Because he put a lot of work into it purely so that others could build it.

I know that It was a joke

This one is going on my 'to-build' list!

I looked into the parts list and this model contains no less than 58 (!) Technic Panels!

As far as I know the largest number of panels on a Supercar

For comparison: Crowkillers Vampire uses 'only' 28...

This one is going on my 'to-build' list!

I looked into the parts list and this model contains no less than 58 (!) Technic Panels!

As far as I know the largest number of panels on a Supercar

For comparison: Crowkillers Vampire uses 'only' 28...

My 4C Spider uses exactly 58 panels as well, I apparently really like to use them :laugh:

Can someone post a part list?

Here are the partlists (one for the red version and one for the white version):

http://bricksafe.com...istress_red.bsx

http://bricksafe.com...tress_white.bsx

Over the past weeks I have been building The Mistess in white. In this mini-review I will let you know my findings. As soon as Jeroen presented his newest model “The Mistress” on EB I decided that I wanted to build this model as well since I liked the overall presence very well. So I was enlightened when I heard that Building Instructions were in the making. The only thing I had to decide was in what color to build it…

Since my space is limited (and I only have 16 supercar wheels…) I can have a maximum of four supercars built up at the same time: one in red (Jurgens Koenigsegg at the moment), one in black (Crowkillers Vampire at the moment), one in white (Nathanaels Predator at the moment) and one in yellow (Jurgens Sunbeam at the moment). So I had to decide which one to sacrifice for the new build. Both red and white cars offered around 1000 of the 1600 necessary parts for the Mistress. In the end I choose to build it in white since both the Predator and the Mistress use the new driving rings and they both use a lot of those 5x7 frames.

IMG_5594.JPG

The build was very pleasant and enjoyable. I stretched it over two weeks with a maximum build time of 1 hour a day to enjoy the build as long as possible. I guess that the total build must have been around 10 hours. The instructions were very professionally made and very easy to follow. I only spotted one small mistake, pictured below:

Instructions%2Berror.jpg

The trans-blue 1x4 tile as shown in the instructions obstructs the stick-shift in shifting gears. When I looked at the pictures that Jeroen provided I found out that the 1x4 tile and the two 1x1 rounded tiles had to be swapped in position. Until then I used the workaround to remove the 1x4 tile all together as can be seen on the detail picture below.

IMG_5602.JPG

So the model came together very easily. At some points I was pleasantly surprised by building techniques I hadn’t experienced before. Especially the way the bodywork is constructed is very ingenious. No less than 57 (!) panels are used to give this model its unique linings, the highest number I have seen in a recent supercar. Everything fits nicely together and the model doesn’t fall apart in pieces easily.

IMG_5596.JPG

The gearbox works fine (given the fix with the 1x4 tile) and the shock absorbers do their job nicely.

All by all I am very happy with the decision to build this model. There may be a chance I build it in red as well because that model also looks very appealing…

For more pictures see my Google + album at https://photos.googl...P7xeMYwVjhAKeNJ

IMG_5619.JPG

Edited by Theo van Vroenhoven