:laugh: Anyway. Now I'm currently trying the trick proposed by Smitty500 BUT it seems far too long... ???!!! Will finish and submit to the ferocious people of this arena :tongue:

I was afraid of that, It just seemed to work for the Z-95 Headhunter. LEGO needs to make a similar piece which is shorter!! just needs to be like 2 studs longer A way I had thought about tackinlg this issue, is to use two and put them on the sides. 1440646876m_SPLASH.jpg

Nice one Baron :thumbup: !

Yeah, it´s a tough crowd of world class Moc-ers here!

Thanks.

It's the jungle in there :laugh:

I don't know what's better: this MOC; or watching this process of constructive criticism over these posts.

Well you might have convinced to go and buy the overpriced Lego set when it comes out...

Yeah, difficult to choose. At least we have fun :grin:

I think the nose is far too long, I suggest you take it back to the cockpit, maybe even place it behind the cockpit if you can.

:tongue:

Have you got a side on view of the latest version? I suspect it's not the nose, but rather a combination of the engine intake size and the angle.

Excellent idea :laugh:

Would that make a "gross" x-wing ? :laugh:

I agree with the others. Everything is fine but the nose. Have you considered building it like exactly like the official model ?

By the way, nice colors. Way better than black and orange ! :wink:

Build it like the official model? Nah, we are builders, we do thing the way we want, we are not official and don't want to be. Right?

Nice looking MOC, but I agree the nose is poorly proportioned to the rest of the ship.

Did you really said the nose is too short? Well "yo-yo ma"... er... no it's not correct... oh, anyway :laugh:

The T-70 X-Wing has rustled my jimmies so to speak from the beginning. The only good way, in my opinion, to achieve the wings is Snot. Although I do like to see other version, TLG's rendition was a fail. Your wings here aren't bad, but I'd love to see them closed to truly decide. As for the nose, my issue is he angled bits you used. The length is ok (a few studs forward couldn't hurt), but the angled pieces make it look weird as kinda organic, when it should be very angular. I can understand it on the top, as the nose droops down, but I think that actually tilting it could achieve this effect a tad bit better, while retaining a flat top. The sides are a very similar story. Angular couldn't hurt them at all. Everything else is solid. The cockpit has grew on me, to the point where it's almost something I wanna play with. Now, this may just be me being brainwashed by TLG X-Wing, but I feel like a good X-Wing should be a bit chunky, and this looks almost like it has no weight. Of course, the T-70 is a different ship, but I can't shake that feeling. How much do you plan on changing this model? It seems like a pretty though crowd to please here :tongue:

Yes, I need to post more pics, from side view and with closed wings too.

I didn't planned to change it alot but finally it's fun to exchange with people, so why not.

I was afraid of that, It just seemed to work for the Z-95 Headhunter. LEGO needs to make a similar piece which is shorter!! just needs to be like 2 studs longer A way I had thought about tackinlg this issue, is to use two and put them on the sides. 1440646876m_SPLASH.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I worked on many possibilities with those parts and rejected to use them on the side. Need to finish my attempt and maybe try your way later. Then shoot the model and see how long the nose will be???

Looks good, but shouldn't it be white?

Thanks. That reminds me the old debate that toys collectors (and I was one of them) had about the vintage Kenner x-wing. Or the Han Solo coat's color in ESB, blue or brown?

In my case I choosed grey because white look often dirty and due to lack of some parts too :laugh:

Here are two pics of the new nose. Finally it's not bad, thanks to Smitty500 the only good guy in this "hive of (rebel)scum and villainy" :laugh:

So comments on the nose job are welcome :wink:

X-Wing-Episode-7-NEW-01.jpg

X-Wing-Episode-7-NEW-02.jpg

This time I took a side view + closed wings.

Here are two pics of the new nose. Finally it's not bad, thanks to Smitty500 the only good guy in this "hive of (rebel)scum and villainy" :laugh:

So comments on the nose job are welcome :wink:

This time I took a side view + closed wings.

It looks great, especially the side view and the closed wings.

Did you really said the nose is too short? Well "yo-yo ma"... er... no it's not correct... oh, anyway :laugh:

Constructive criticism and your response is a failed attempt at a yo momma joke?

Edited by ISDAvenger

Looks good! There's only a few things you could change :tongue: I feel like the nose could be raised up a bit, as it sits kinda low. Then the connection to the cockpit could be made smoother. I'm kinda starting to dig the not flush wings :tongue:

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

I like the nose better than the previous version, but still didn't look good like the 75102 Poe X wing. The nose sits a bit low and the connection of the cockpit looks weird and don't feel sleek.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I am liking this nose a lot better! I am glad I could help in making this model a bit better. Thanks for a shot with the wings closed, it looks great! I may make one some day, when I have time, and I borrow your elements for my own design! This looks great Baronsnat!

That's a great EP VII X-Wing ! The only things I don't like are :

-The "windscreen part" , it's kind of blocky and doesn't fit in with the great nose that leads to it

- the round "dishes" on the 4 canons , this is something I don't like in almost every X-Wing moc since these aren't round at all in the movie versions . Might I suggest a http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=88295 instead ( not my idea , saw it when I was looking for X-Wing mocs online but never never visited the guy's photo stream so I don't know who he is , credit goes to him ) instead ?

Other than that I think it's spot on !

Awesome job like always :classic:

So much better ! Now, the canopy... :wink:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo... :laugh:

I always love a good, classic X-Wing MOC.. Or in this case, a next generation X-Wing! :laugh: I really love it. Great job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks. Some says it even Classic Space due to the colors. :laugh:

It looks great, especially the side view and the closed wings.

So all I had to do was to close the wings and take a side view?! And I took time rebuild the nose... :grin: Just kidding, thanks.

Great work!

Thanks.

Constructive criticism and your response is a failed attempt at a yo momma joke?

French humor at its finest.....then again it has always escaped me...or maybe it's just you.

What? Are you trying to be funny or mean? Well you failed in both case.

Looks good! There's only a few things you could change :tongue: I feel like the nose could be raised up a bit, as it sits kinda low. Then the connection to the cockpit could be made smoother. I'm kinda starting to dig the not flush wings :tongue:

Thanks. I see what you mean and I did try to raise it but it cause many others problem. Finally maybe the cockpit is the real problem, as many mentioned?

I like the nose better than the previous version,but still didn't look good like the 75102 Poe X wing.The nose sits a bit low and the connection of the cockpit looks weird and don't feel sleek.

The tip of the nose is probably too wide. So it may be the cockpit problem...one more time.

I am liking this nose a lot better! I am glad I could help in making this model a bit better. Thanks for a shot with the wings closed, it looks great! I may make one some day, when I have time, and I borrow your elements for my own design! This looks great Baronsnat!

Thanks. Yes, you'll be welcome. We all feed from others, just like cannibals piranhas :laugh:

It looks awesome! When the official set comes out, you should integrate the new nose into your moc!

Thanks. Yes, interesting idea..

It's okay, BaronSat, everyone I meet criticizes my nose too. :grin:

Great build.

:laugh: I see, no problem with my nose but don't tell somethign about my ears.

Thanks.

That's a great EP VII X-Wing ! The only things I don't like are :

-The "windscreen part" , it's kind of blocky and doesn't fit in with the great nose that leads to it

- the round "dishes" on the 4 canons , this is something I don't like in almost every X-Wing moc since these aren't round at all in the movie versions . Might I suggest a http://www.bricklink...Pic.asp?P=88295 instead ( not my idea , saw it when I was looking for X-Wing mocs online but never never visited the guy's photo stream so I don't know who he is , credit goes to him ) instead ?

Other than that I think it's spot on !

Awesome job like always :classic:

Thanks. My canopy definitively sucks :angry: The dish are convenients, I admit, and the idea you mention is interesting but I don't like the result a lot. That's probably due to the color. too bad the parts doesn't exist in LBG.

What? Are you trying to be funny or mean? Well you failed in both case.

I did'nt expect you to get it.

That being said the issue has been taken to higher level. You can PM me if you need further clarification unless you want to keep muddling up your post. I would prefer the first course of action.

I did'nt expect you to get it.

That being said the issue has been taken to higher level. You can PM me if you need further clarification unless you want to keep muddling up your post. I would prefer the first course of action.

What's wrong with you?

PM you? I have better things to do.

So all I had to do was to close the wings and take a side view?! And I took time rebuild the nose... :grin: Just kidding, thanks.

I never had a problem with the original nose, I thought it issue was just the photo angle.

I never had a problem with the original nose, I thought it issue was just the photo angle.

Yes, I know :classic: . Pleased you like the new pics.

If you had any clue, you might be able to figure it out.

Whatever floats your boat pal.

What's wrong with you?

PM you? I have better things to do.

Edited by ISDAvenger

If you had any clue, you might be able to figure it out.

Whatever floats your boat pal.

Let's stop this here. Thanks!

Let's stop this here. Thanks!

Thanks to Bonaparte.

Just one thing to finish. It seems that some people have been hurt by the use of the term "yo moma " and I am very sorry. It was a joke and a wink not a way to hurt . So I will not use that expression in the future.

We got it worked out, water under the bridge. Let's move on to more important things...like discussing this cool MOC.

Thanks to Bonaparte.

Just one thing to finish. It seems that some people have been hurt by the use of the term "yo moma " and I am very sorry. It was a joke and a wink not a way to hurt . So I will not use that exp<b></b>ression in the future.

Edited by ISDAvenger

You should find something else than this big wedge for the nose, like others said it's a bit misplaced...

I can't believe blue and light/dark gray go that well together :) I also love the details around Artoo, really neat work overall