just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Thats true so fingures crossed. i did actually just remember that i do have a purple cape but its got that silver star/moon design on it so it may look a little strange on her :sceptic:

Maleficent in the Disney CMF line has a cape that is purple on one side and black on the other. That might work. Otherwise I don't know if anyone has had a purple cape since the first Magneto. :sceptic:

The Alien Villainess from CMF Series 8 also had a dark purple cape, and currently there's the Headless Horseman from the Scooby Doo line with a dark purple cape.

But Maleficent may be the one to go for! It's current, it's two-toned... you can have the black as the "inside" to match the shadow that'll be on her face (for the TTG Dimensions version, at least).

I don't think they'd go with short legs since they couldn't get the print right, but then Beast Boy has pink shorts in the show while the Dimensions figure has just black legs so who knows at this point. If its any consolation, Raven is taller than Beast Boy on the show so maybe her Dimensions figure will have longer legs to show this.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I don't think they'd go with short legs since they couldn't get the print right, but then Beast Boy has pink shorts in the show while the Dimensions figure has just black legs so who knows at this point. If its any consolation, Raven is taller than Beast Boy on the show so maybe her Dimensions figure will have longer legs to show this.

She definitely deserves them. I'd hope that if she got normal legs then she'd have them dual molded. with a black waistband of course. if not then I'll just use some flesh legs and a black waistband to go with that catwoman face. apart from the torso and hood it'll nearly be just a purist :grin: but I think she'll look good anyways.

A someone who loves the original teen titans cartoon I love the Raven and Beast Boy figures. The joker land beast boy was ok but never wowed me much happier with the Go! version and the new 52 Raven is way over sexualized and looks terrible to me. I think they would have botched it if they tried doing a raven figure based off that.

I think Raven's head is the only issue. I don't mind the costume, although that LB3 comic version looked cool! I'd use the Spooky Girl's head to match the pale skin tone. As for Beast Boy, I'll display it torn apart with hot dogs for guts, if I ever get it.

A someone who loves the original teen titans cartoon I love the Raven and Beast Boy figures. The joker land beast boy was ok but never wowed me much happier with the Go! version and the new 52 Raven is way over sexualized and looks terrible to me. I think they would have botched it if they tried doing a raven figure based off that.

New 52 Raven oversexualized? Wait what? http://vignette1.wik...=20130202021755

Not sure how thats oversexualized. Anyway, I'm sure Raven will have normal minifigure legs. Will probably have to switch out her head though, not a huge fan of it with the first look.

Edited by Zergos

What the ****? That's not fair. That's basically £10 less in the US than in the UK. Not to mention they did that with the Black Manta set last year. Especially since it only has 270 odd pieces and relies almost solely on the figs to sell it, I'm pretty mad now.

LEGO have to put up the prices in the UK because of the 20% VAT unfortunately

Random question, but which cowls are which for Batman? I'm guessing type 1 is the one from 2006, type 2 is the frowning one from 2012, and i suppose type 3 is the new one without the chin part?

Random question, but which cowls are which for Batman? I'm guessing type 1 is the one from 2006, type 2 is the frowning one from 2012, and i suppose type 3 is the new one without the chin part?

Yeah pretty much that

You answered your own question there didn't you. :wink:(ninja'd)

Also I doubt raven minifig head will be exactly like that as the characters in the video games can have different expressions like how in the same picture Voldy is angry yet we can see that his actual minifig is smiling.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

You answered your own question there didn't you. :wink:(ninja'd)

Also I doubt raven minifig head will be exactly like that as the characters in the video games can have different expressions like how in the same picture Voldy is angry yet we can see that his actual minifig is smiling.

Suppose i kind of did :classic:

Do they normally give double sided heads to the dimensions figures? Only ones i have with double faces are batman and wildstyle.

I wouldn't say it's a guarantee she'll have short legs, Beast Boy is short in the show so it makes sense for him to have short legs, but who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

I thought Beast Boy had full-length legs in the trailer?

New 52 Raven oversexualized? Wait what? http://vignette1.wik...=20130202021755

Not sure how thats oversexualized. Anyway, I'm sure Raven will have normal minifigure legs. Will probably have to switch out her head though, not a huge fan of it with the first look.

lol That is...pretty conservative. Not even a glimpse at the all-too-provocative nose! :grin:

I'm just afraid that Raven's torso will have the same lack of detail that Beast Boy's does. It's almost like a Mighty Micros figure.

Do they normally give double sided heads to the dimensions figures? Only ones i have with double faces are batman and wildstyle.

I Think that most that can can do and raven definitely could so I am expecting her to have two faces.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I Think that most that can can do and raven definitely could so I am expecting her to have two faces.

Nah, I'm fairly certain that LegoCityNut is right on this one. Out of all the packs I have, the only ones with second faces are the pre-existing figures, like Batman, Wyldstyle, Wonder Woman, etc.. New figures or figures that didn't have them previously aren't going to have them here.

I think Chell has a double-sided face. The Wicked Witch can't really support a double-sided head (because her hat wouldn't cover it) and the Gamer Kid is yellow. Double-sided faces seem a bit rarer with non-licensed figures. Not a lot of CMFs get them at least. :shrug_oh_well:

Since nearly everyone in the next Dimensions phase is an exclusive (rather than only three out of dozens) it's probably pretty likely that more of them will have double-sided faces.

So I just had something pointed out to me that really made me excited: in the Suicide Squad trailer, the Batmobile doesn't have it's turrets. No more guns! So (and I'm not sure how on-topic this is) I took the stud-shooters off of my Batmobile, replacing them with a 1x2 plate and a 1x2 wedge!

So I just had something pointed out to me that really made me excited: in the Suicide Squad trailer, the Batmobile doesn't have it's turrets. No more guns! So (and I'm not sure how on-topic this is) I took the stud-shooters off of my Batmobile, replacing them with a 1x2 plate and a 1x2 wedge!

I believe the Batmobile appears in flashbacks, so it would appear that the turrets are a more recent additions (in movie chronological terms).

This is a random question, but is there a 2017 DC Super Heroes Rumors & Discussions thread? The replies are becoming less and less, this thread started this time last year, and there aren't any more sets this year? Is there one?

This is a random question, but is there a 2017 DC Super Heroes Rumors & Discussions thread? The replies are becoming less and less, this thread started this time last year, and there aren't any more sets this year? Is there one?

No, and it isn't necessary yet. When we get more info, we can start it. Just because last year had info by this time, doesn't mean we have to start a new discussion. Plus, starting it now would lead to pointless speculation.

This was discussed a few pages back.

No, we do not need to start a 2017 now. It's June.

Most of the new sets have yet to even make it to stores, so we are jumping the gun a little bit--especially since I've yet to see any info on potential future sets that would warrant the need to create a new thread at this time.

FYI Everyone: However, when the time comes for a new thread, we ask that Clone OPatra or I are the ones to create it. Previously, this was just done by various members rather spontaneously, and while that was appreciated, we would like that to not be the case in the future. Having a staff member create the important "year threads" ensures that we are the only ones (without the aid of the third-party member) able to update the all important first page, and thus keep all the necessary standards up in regards to format and release (or removal) of sensitive information. Thanks! :thumbup:

I believe the Batmobile appears in flashbacks, so it would appear that the turrets are a more recent additions (in movie chronological terms).

I guess we'll find out in August!