just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Amanda Waller I think for many would be a lucky escape. Leto Joker, SS Harley, Knightmare Batman? That's what to expect.

As for anything else DC, there is the possibility of perhaps a new DC feature to be revealed later this year and likely a new polybag, but that should be it.

The next Winter Wave will be part of the 2017 line-up; we can expect information on that by what, July? August? Maybe even June? Fairly sure this thread was started in early June.

I think 76053 Gotham City Cycle Chase already contains a pretty SS-inspired Harley Quinn, and the contents (if not designs) are clearly inspired by the movie with the inclusion of Deadshot as well. We're also getting Killer Croc, Cap'n Boomerang, and Katana this year, so I do think that's what TLG is thinking.

http://brickset.com/...ity-Cycle-Chase

You could also argue that Desert Batman from 76056 Batman Rescue from Ra's al Ghul is inspired by Knightmare Batman (if I am thinking of the same thing), especially since it was such a big part of the early trailers.

http://brickset.com/...om-Ra-s-al-Ghul

Neither of these are actual versions of the movie characters, but Lego may think they are close. I would bet on something completely different. SS Joker is possible, as is any SS character not in Lego form this year (Enchantress? El Diablo?). Imagine an exclusive Doomsday? If you're thinking tv shows, Firestorm would be awesome, especially with the new flame hairpiece, so I hope they DON'T do that!

Edited by linnormlord

I think this has been discussed before. For Suicide Squad, LEGO is sticking with the comic-book designs, as the movie isn't really for LEGO's target audience. As an [insert convention-related taboo here] or an adult-targeted set, it's possible, but in the main sets, I expect things to stay with the comics.

I think this has been discussed before. For Suicide Squad, LEGO is sticking with the comic-book designs, as the movie isn't really for LEGO's target audience. As an [insert convention-related taboo here] or an adult-targeted set, it's possible, but in the main sets, I expect things to stay with the comics.

LEGO couldn't even use the name 'Suicide Squad' in kids sets. Brings a bad message

Knightmare batman really seems like the perfect fit for con to be honest and personally I am fine missing out on another batman variant albeit a pretty cool one.

LEGO couldn't even use the name 'Suicide Squad' in kids sets. Brings a bad message

Like parents even care any more? look at all the kids that saw deadpool...

Like parents even care any more? look at all the kids that saw deadpool...

Parents may not care, but it's nice to see that the companies do.

Parents may not care, but it's nice to see that the companies do.

"The Suicide Squad is my favorite" is a really weird and unsettling phrase for uninformed adults to hear coming from children's mouths. Imagine a school teacher or counselor hearing that, or uninformed parents?

Besides, we all know what it is even without the label on the box, so who cares if it doesn't say it explicitly?

"The Suicide Squad is my favorite" is a really weird and unsettling phrase for uninformed adults to hear coming from children's mouths. Imagine a school teacher or counselor hearing that, or uninformed parents?

Besides, we all know what it is even without the label on the box, so who cares if it doesn't say it explicitly?

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm glad LEGO is going about it in a roundabout way. I don't want to see kids reading the name of the group on boxes, either.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm glad LEGO is going about it in a roundabout way. I don't want to see kids reading the name of the group on boxes, either.

I was agreeing with YOU and commenting on the previous post you were commenting on. (Tried to quote you both, failed miserably). Yes, companies are taking the right approach. Honestly, I think DC made a bad choice with the name originally, and WB is making a weird choice in titling the film that way, but I'm not a DC purist.

How do you feel about Lego's BvS branding, considering how dark and murdery the movie is?

^ If you put that item ID into Brickseek, it shows up at $29.97

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Is it possible to share said item ID/DCPI? Thanks!

Edited by legozebra

Don't have that yet, I'm sure wherever the pictures are from have an item ID on it.

It really is an interesting and cool set. I'm glad there's a playset kind of feel to it, we haven't had many over the DC line.

It really is an interesting and cool set. I'm glad there's a playset kind of feel to it, we haven't had many over the DC line.

I completely agree, even the Catwoman set is a favourite of mine because it has a playset element :laugh:

Who said the Ra's set was $30? It's actually $40...

Me because putting 47335811 in this turns up as $29.97.

Maybe it's another Takodana or WALL-E where it was said to be $50 everywhere, ended up being $60, and if you were lucky, they were $50 on some certain sites.

The playset angle may help move some units, but I'm thinking the Ra's set may end up being shelf-warmers and clearance fodder - Ra's and Talia don't seem to me like characters that really stand-out to the general population, and there's nothing really in the set that IMO 'jumps out' and would get a kid to want it.

I'm hoping it'll be cheaper in the UK, it sometimes is, because the Sterling Pound is less than the American Dollar, correct?

I'm hoping it'll be cheaper in the UK, it sometimes is, because the Sterling Pound is less than the American Dollar, correct?

the pound isn't "cheaper", the difference is the exchange rate means you can usually get $1.5 for every £1 but many companies call it the same - $39.99 becomes £39.99 (no idea why!!!)

the pound isn't "cheaper", the difference is the exchange rate means you can usually get $1.5 for every £1 but many companies call it the same - $39.99 becomes £39.99 (no idea why!!!)

Yep and Lego is one of those companies usually.

That's what I was trying to say.