just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

"Walmart-exclusive" is a thing?

That wasn't even on my radar.

Yeah, they're pretty few and far between though. The latest one is a Nexo Knighrs set for this year, up until the Ra's sets, anyways.

I completely agree Roy Harper is much less iconic (not sure about popularity as Atom isn't really seen in the modern comics that much) but in terms of seeing Atom in the future I worry he isn't iconic enough to feature in a set or may not be used in a set for fear of confusion with Ant-man (as I presume we would see an Atom minifigure and micro figure).

I don't think confusion amongst licensed characters is even close to a concern. It's as easy to confuse Ant-Man and Atom as it is to confuse Hawkeye and Green Arrow. I'd put Atom on the same iconic level as Hawkman, and we have him already. Plus he's easy to produce, since he doesn't need any sort of headgear or other part, just a plain-old printed minifigure.

I don't think confusion amongst licensed characters is even close to a concern. It's as easy to confuse Ant-Man and Atom as it is to confuse Hawkeye and Green Arrow. I'd put Atom on the same iconic level as Hawkman, and we have him already. Plus he's easy to produce, since he doesn't need any sort of headgear or other part, just a plain-old printed minifigure.

If in LoT variant, an Ultra Agents helmet would be a nice headgear. But... oh wait... SDCC. Sucks :/

So Gotham City Breakout leaked online, and it's really strange compared to the other movies they've been doing. For one, they go pretty obscure with some of their character choices. Madame Mantis? Some weird little cave people that I can't even Google? And a lot of the builds in this thing aren't even real, like this Bat-drill, another Batcycle, and about a dozen other such things. They gave Bane's mask a mouth hole. There's a whole sequence that's basically just a commercial for Joker's Funland, but it also features Joker's Fun House from the first wave? I honestly don't know what these things are meant to do anymore.

Also, could somebody please tell me what those little cave people are called? I keep wanting to call them Trogdors but that's definitely not it? Are they even from the comics??

So Gotham City Breakout leaked online

Are you talking about the movie or a set?

I personally though that it was the best movie so far, and would like to see those figs in sets :)

Are you talking about the movie or a set?

I personally though that it was the best movie so far, and would like to see those figs in sets :)

I want the figs too but I felt the movie was kind of bad

I want the figs too but I felt the movie was kind of bad

There was only one good part:

When Batman pulls out an orange brick separator

There was only one good part:

When Batman pulls out an orange brick separator

Oh god yeah, usually these things can't make me laugh, but THAT :head_back:

I wish I hadn't clicked the spoiler tab :(

Sorry man. At least its not a Hollywood blockbuster movie spoiler though

Seeing as I might actually buy the set, anyone know if the Ra's Al Ghul Escape is available in the UK yet?

Sorry man. At least its not a Hollywood blockbuster movie spoiler though

Seeing as I might actually buy the set, anyone know if the Ra's Al Ghul Escape is available in the UK yet?

Yeah rescue from Ras al Ghul is available - I ordered it from the shop at home site but think it's in Argos too?

Sometimes I end up with random sets from themes I don't collect buying lots on eBay and I wound up with this Ninjago set that's a snake motorcycle with a little side build. I was gonna list it on eBay cause I'm selling a bunch of stuff right now and realized it wasn't bringing in enough to even list, really, but I went ahead and built it anyway. The snake bike actually fits in pretty well with the Alien Invasion theme, but the little side build looks perfect for something that would be part of the Ra's set. Just a heads up for you guys that want to add a little more to it. I'm gonna add that and build up a little bit of a mound for the Pit when I get it.

As for Gotham City Breakout, it was pretty terrible. I couldn't not hear Hayley from Modern Family the whole time. But I did think Bane's voice was great. Glad to see they kept the accent. I wish the physical bigfigs weren't quite as big, because, while it works for Thanos, Hulk and Darkseid, they're a little too big for Bane, Croc, and Grodd, in my opinion. Anyway, the only real reason to buy this movie is cause it comes with a new Nightwing, and if you don't really care about Nightwing or have the other two, it's totally pointless. The only reason I got the other ones was for the minifigs, I'm guessing that's the case for most of you guys, too, yeah?

Yeah, the Ra's set is available in Argos over here in the UK for some reason. Not that I'm complaining, I live only 5 minutes away from one.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

New Mighty Micros announced!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-batman-wonder-woman-907037

I was really excited for Doomsday and Bizarro and then remembered that they're the stylized versions... :cry_sad:

Hoping for an actual regular minifig version of Doomsday and a non-exclusive Bizarro someday...

Not sure if anyone has posted this article that shows the next set of DC Mighty Micros being released in January. They'll be displayed at SDCC but not available until January. http://www.hollywood...er-woman-907037

Looks like I got ninja'd :laugh:

They all look great but I agree it seems a shame to get a figure as a Might Micro first before a regular release of it.

Doomsday is such an important character in the DC Universe that it seems strange to just slip one in as a MM against Wonder Woman.