just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

It's the slight feeling of nausea at the impending reveal of the DC exclusive fig that overrides the excitement of any set reveal.

Any variant is fine with me; its when they put classic versions of unique characters as exclusives that prevent the character from showing up in other sets that really cheeses me off. Planet X Batman, whatever. Shazam, Bizarro and Phoenix... That sucks.

What Robianco said. I have a bad feeling the exclusive will be a CW Character, which will be practically devastating for me.

What Robianco said. I have a bad feeling the exclusive will be a CW Character, which will be practically devastating for me.

If it is, I'd say it won't be all that dire of one, or at least not THAT exclusive. If the thought of a CW-based set hadn't been bouncing around in their head somewhere, we would've seen Flash or Green Arrow long before a mediocre Arsenal (that head is still so uncomfortably inaccurate), and we've already seen that SDCC figs aren't always terribly exclusive, like with Rocket Racoon or Green Arrow. You won't get the same figure, but there's still a pretty solid chance that you'd get the same character with the same source material.

Of course, that's saying its CW-based.

If it is, I'm hoping for Supergirl. I want to see what Lego's official representation of her would be, but I don't care enough for the show to actually want the figure. Make it one of her one-off villains like Mystique Indigo and that would be even better.

Any variant is fine with me; its when they put classic versions of unique characters as exclusives that prevent the character from showing up in other sets that really cheeses me off. Planet X Batman, whatever. Shazam, Bizarro and Phoenix... That sucks.

Shazam cuts me deep because although I don't love the character he is hugely important to the DC universe and they minifigure was pretty spot on.

Shazam cuts me deep because although I don't love the character he is hugely important to the DC universe and they minifigure was pretty spot on.

Until 2015, I almost cried thinking about how I would never own a Green Arrow. Surely we could get a Shazam set for the movie, or his New 52 in a comic book set

Does anyone know when and how the micro scale BvS Batmobile polybag will be available in the uk?

I don't fancy forking out a tenner on eBay for it but my Super Heroes polybag collection will be incomplete without it.

So funko just released their SDCC exclusive and it was the Superman False God Statue from BvS. Hopefully Lego will release their exclusives soon as well!!!

Jangbricks has posted his review of the Killer Croc set, and man, those vehicles are even weaker than I thought... What a bummer. The minifigures are decent, so the only way I'll buy the set is if bricklinking the figures is close to as expensive as buying the set.

Jangbricks has posted his review of the Killer Croc set, and man, those vehicles are even weaker than I thought... What a bummer. The minifigures are decent, so the only way I'll buy the set is if bricklinking the figures is close to as expensive as buying the set.

They look awful don't they? Those dentures are a shocker and I'm really not a fan of that huge tank. I've taken a quick look over Bricklink a little while back and it looked like it was going to cost me £50/60 + shipping to pick up those figures (not even including Batman!) so I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and pick up the whole set. Got £10 in VIP points so that softens the blow, and then I'll sell the tank and grandmas teeth to get what I can back.. leaves me with a spare Bats to make a Yellow Lantern version from! Not going to order it whilst that freebie is the stupid poster though!!!!

The prices for the figures will go down quite a bit when those sets hit the US and Canada, I think. But yeah, it may not be worth it to bricklink them vs buying the whole set, though there aren't many useful pieces in there, at all, to me at least. I have limited use for all the wedges and technic elements that make up a good chunk of the piece count.

He'll prolly post a review of the Scarecrow set soon, and hopefully that one is a lot better. It looks like the superior set of the summer DC wave.

They look awful don't they? Those dentures are a shocker and I'm really not a fan of that huge tank. I've taken a quick look over Bricklink a little while back and it looked like it was going to cost me £50/60 + shipping to pick up those figures (not even including Batman!) so I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and pick up the whole set. Got £10 in VIP points so that softens the blow, and then I'll sell the tank and grandmas teeth to get what I can back.. leaves me with a spare Bats to make a Yellow Lantern version from! Not going to order it whilst that freebie is the stupid poster though!!!!

That review kind of ruined the set for me! I wanted it purely for the tank but since I watched it, I think the tanks play feature looks a bit stupid and it'd take some modding to fix.

Yeah fingers crossed they drop by an alright amount. I think the place I found to get them from all in one go was from Germany, and the shipping never seems to be cheap from there! If I can pick it up for £60 (using my VIP) and sell the rest of it for £15 I think I'd be happy with that. Shame the freebie isn't better as could claw a bit back on that too. I'm the same as you with the wedges/technic bits. I don't really build anything so they'd just sit in a box if I kept them.

The scarecrow set is cool, already picked that one up. Love the tractor, the heli is a good build and the combine harvester is cool too! Happy I built them but admittedly they have now gone away in storage and probably won't see the light of day again so might whack those on eBay later thinking of it! It is by far a much nicer set than that Bat-tank though.

Have you guys seen the remote control mod someone did to the tank? Now that made it quite cool haha.

Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure has been answered somewhere within this thread, but it's not on the front page.

When does the blue Nightwing polybag come out in the US? I've seen some on bricklink, but too few to assume a full release has taken place and I missed it.

Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure has been answered somewhere within this thread, but it's not on the front page.

When does the blue Nightwing polybag come out in the US? I've seen some on bricklink, but too few to assume a full release has taken place and I missed it.

Wow, haven't seen you in a while.

Pretty sure it's been out for a few months, it's a part of the Gotham City Breakout DVD.

Pretty sure it's been out for a few months, it's a part of the Gotham City Breakout DVD.

Amazon has the release date as July 12.

I don't post much but I'm always around. I usually just don't have much to say.

As for Nightwing, I don't know how I missed that it was included with a DVD. I thought it was a separate polybag. Thanks for the info (you, too, BrickSantorum)! Nightwing is my all-time favorite comic book character and I've never liked the New 52 costume. Luckily I have the blue version from 2006, though I never cared for his hair in that one. Glad to have a newer version.

In regards that Nightwing polybag, is it guaranteed to be included with every version of the DVD? I've checked the Amazon listing and it has the figure in the photo, but it doesn't mention him in the official description - I just want to be sure that the figure comes with all versions of the DVD, because that's all I would be buying it for?

Man, I really hope the SDCC exclusive isn't Rebirth Wally, because I'd love to reunite him with Nightwing ala the new Titans book..

In regards that Nightwing polybag, is it guaranteed to be included with every version of the DVD? I've checked the Amazon listing and it has the figure in the photo, but it doesn't mention him in the official description - I just want to be sure that the figure comes with all versions of the DVD, because that's all I would be buying it for?

Not sure. I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray combo version, which definitely includes it: "LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout w/Figurine (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)"

EDIT TO ADD: Looks like the DVD version comes with it too, according to Amazon: "LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout w/Figurine (DVD)"

Edited by BrickSantorum

Not sure. I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray combo version, which definitely includes it: "LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout w/Figurine (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)"

EDIT TO ADD: Looks like the DVD version comes with it too, according to Amazon: "LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout w/Figurine (DVD)"

Huh. Amazon UK only lists Nightwing with the Blu-ray pack. On the DVD, it says "with free Superhero sticker sheet!" Sigh.