Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Man that doctor strange set is awesome, i love all the details

I don't like the portal beast because i think it takes up to much space, so i came up with a mod that lets me take the beast out, and use that space as a door way

Any UK-ians, I just bought Doc Strange in my local shop of Thomas Moore, so fear not, it is out.

Sorry if someone has already said something like this, I can't keep up with the thread. It's dying

Love to hear that. Any hint? :laugh:

Well, like I mentioned a page ago, the brickshow said that iron man would be in it. Now, we don't know that for sure, but we'll have to wait and see. I assume that it would be civil war related with a more detailed iron man having arm printing.

I have no advanced knowledge, but I would wager that if it's an Iron Man polybag, than it'll be a repeat Iron Man design, just as the Cap A polybag was a repeat design.

Or perhaps a more anticipated character like CA:CW Ant Man

That would be great. I didn't care about having him until I got the airport battle, and now he is sorely missing. But I'm not gonna pay $40 for just him. That's craaaaaay.

But yeah, all speculation at this point, so...

Just got all my sets in the mail from the FedEx guy...and I built the Tanker Truck Showdown...and it's one of my favorite sets thus far! Spidey is an amazing minifigure, and I was surprised to find the compact build of the actual tank part of the tanker has some weight to it. It's a great model, though I didn't apply stickers (merely for re-use of those colored parts with no regrets). My only complaint is there is no driver in the set, but this can be easily managed through a quick parts search of any collection. I highly recommended it, whether you want it for Spidey, Hawkeye, or the Roxxon fan service.

Or perhaps a more anticipated character like CA:CW Ant Man

Is a new Ant Man that anticipated off these forums? I mean, a Giant Man and micro-scale Ant Man were both released in this wave, and a minifigure of the same suit (or at least, functionally the same suit. I didn't notice any differences, and if they didn't update Cap's costume for this, I can't see them updating Ant Man's) came out last year... I doubt we'll see another MCU minifig until 2018 (maybe in both the Avengers and Ant Man & Wasp sets? At least in one of those...).

Is a new Ant Man that anticipated off these forums? I mean, a Giant Man and micro-scale Ant Man were both released in this wave, and a minifigure of the same suit (or at least, functionally the same suit. I didn't notice any differences, and if they didn't update Cap's costume for this, I can't see them updating Ant Man's) came out last year... I doubt we'll see another MCU minifig until 2018 (maybe in both the Avengers and Ant Man & Wasp sets? At least in one of those...).

Yeah, I don't expect CW antman. But I do expect a repeated minifigure with updated printing. Either an updated Cap or Iron Man works for me.

But all things considered, they didn't even change from the last Avengers to Civil War. They are still the same outfits which means that an updated minifigure is impossible. It'd be the same as what was already released. The only possible Civil War exclusive I think would be Zemo which would be boring, but at least it'd be new.

I mean I suppose they could release Tony in his fancy suit with one of his hands being red. But I'm not expecting much.

Yeah, I don't expect CW antman. But I do expect a repeated minifigure with updated printing. Either an updated Cap or Iron Man works for me.

Hopefully an Iron Man, then--I've got more then enough Cap variants, and filling out some more of the older Iron Legion models would be very welcome. Especially if they in any way approach the quality of the Silver Centurian.

...although I'm still betting on it Kaeciullus, or however he's spelled, or someone else from Dr. Strange. Rachel McAdams' character, maybe. The November release for the film seems like the most likely thing to tie the polybag to, anyway.

That's based purely on release schedules, I know nothing of any real value, beyond just thinking a Civil War tie in that late in the year seems weird.

I'm still holding hope for Spider-Gwen... or Gwen Stacy... or homemade Spider-Man... or CA:CW Ant-Man... or Zemo... or...

Hoping it is one of those.

I hope it's Kaecilius or Christine Palmer from the new DS movie. I doubt it'll be Gwen Stacy or Spider-Gwen because we've never gotten a comic-based exclusive Marvel fig, have we? Besides SDCC exclusives, I mean. I also doubt it'll be a new Ant-Man because a CW tie in this late in the year would be weird, and Ant-Man's costume didn't change very much. I also don't think it could be a repeat figure.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

and a minifigure of the same suit (or at least, functionally the same suit. I didn't notice any differences, and if they didn't update Cap's costume for this, I can't see them updating Ant Man's)

and Ant-Man's costume didn't change very much

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b4/3a/df/b43adf399db6652be2489f1ca68195b8.jpg

The only reason I say a new Ant Man is that Ant Man from the movie is very different design from our Giant Man build. Hawkeye always gets new costumes each film with a representable minifigure, theres no saying Ant Man can't too

Cap wasn't updated because his new suit has the smallest altered details (only really the removal of red lines on his chest), Widow wasn't updated because her newer costume was just rather bland

I don't see Civil War Iron Man being the figure, but maybe another variant of the armour, say Stealth maybe

Edited by Quicksilver838

So for everyone else who isn't in Canada you're really lucky... Especially people in the US with the Tanker exclusive at Target. So I went on August 1st bought all the new super hero sets 3 minutes before the store closed. Then I heard about the double VIP points.... So on Sunday night I went to re order everything because I couldn't just go in and return the sets because they need to have all the items in stock in order to just give me the points. And they didn't because I got the last bridge set... Anyways I went and ordered everything else so I figured I should just order the Doctor Strange and Civil War set so that I can get 2x the points. Went on and it said that the Doctor Strange set is out of stock, expected shipping date SEPTEMBER 22 :cry_sad: :cry_sad: So needless to say I didn't order it but the Civil War set came today so I can't wait to put it together!

I also doubt it'll be a new Ant-Man because a CW tie in this late in the year would be weird, and Ant-Man's costume didn't change very much. I also don't think it could be a repeat figure.

The polybag last year was the Hulk...from Age of Ultron...which was released about the same time in theaters as Civil War. So who's to say that it couldn't be a Civil War polybag? I'd just hold on, although I must say the lack of K-man from Doctor Strange is well, strange.

I watched the review on the Dr. Strange set on Jangbricks before and despite having absolutely no clue about superheroes (ok, I know Batman, but thats it mostly^^), I have to say that his set is really awesome. The weird moving tentacles, the wealth of printed maps, letters, etc and the whole scene setup just says buy me. Great set :classic:

But all things considered, they didn't even change from the last Avengers to Civil War. They are still the same outfits which means that an updated minifigure is impossible. It'd be the same as what was already released. The only possible Civil War exclusive I think would be Zemo which would be boring, but at least it'd be new.

I mean I suppose they could release Tony in his fancy suit with one of his hands being red. But I'm not expecting much.

I'll save everyone the Comic Book Guy rant, but just say that that isn't true.

I hope it's Kaecilius or Christine Palmer from the new DS movie. I doubt it'll be Gwen Stacy or Spider-Gwen because we've never gotten a comic-based exclusive Marvel fig, have we? Besides SDCC exclusives, I mean. I also doubt it'll be a new Ant-Man because a CW tie in this late in the year would be weird, and Ant-Man's costume didn't change very much. I also don't think it could be a repeat figure.

Hulk minifigure polybag would be considered comic based.

I feel silly asking (repeating) this question, but it's not on the first page and I can't remember where the discussion was:

In the US, Dr. Strange set is Target (and S@H) exclusive (saw it on the shelf)

In the US, Civil War Tanker set is ??? exclusive? TRU?

I feel silly asking (repeating) this question, but it's not on the first page and I can't remember where the discussion was:

You got it.

Has any Canadians found the tanker at their tru's yet? Mine seemed to not carry it! Only one in nova scotia, just wanted to know if anyone else has? Thanks

For realsies, can we get this added to the first page, please? For super-serious.

This comes up a lot. I've asked it too many times myself.