Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

I don't care if they look the same, it really bugs me that all three Spider-heroes have the exact same head.

And I like Scarlet Witch's coat. It think it blends in more seamlessly than a full cloak, and it takes up less space.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I don't care if they look the same, it really bugs me that all three Spider-heroes have the exact same head.

And I like Scarlet Witch's coat. It think it blends in more seamlessly than a full cloak, and it takes up less space.

From the video that went about it looked as if Ultimate Spider-Woman may in fact actually have larger eyes than the normal Spidey head. The webbing also looks heavier on Spidey's face than it does Bens. This is what I can make out from the video of all them spinning around in a circle anyway! You can catch tiny glimpses at the start and end.

I don't think Ben and Spider Woman have webbing on theirs. Just the white eyes.

That sucks if that turns out to be the case. I was already disappointed by pajama Spidey, Aunt May's reused torso and Kraven's reused head. I'd hate to think we have to add another shameless parts reuse to the list. Also Spider-Woman seems like such an after thought in this set. Generic hair, reused head and her name isn't even correct on the box. I'm starting to think they picked the ultimate version of her just because it would be cheaper and easier to print.

Seeing that box cover only reignites my love for this set though. It took years but we finally have a Spider-man set with a build that looks awesome. Also this Green Goblin is the best.

Do we have any idea about pricing and release date?

Do we have any idea about pricing and release date?

99 pounds and probably June (cuz that's when the summer sets get released)

Shop at Home/Store promo, but with normal polys, those tend to get to regular stores in the US anyways.

Could someone please clarify if whether just2good is talking about Hawkeye or the Captain America motorbike?

To me it looks like Spidey reuses his old head while Ben and Spiderwoman both have the same head

I'm pretty sure that Scarlet Spider's eyes have a thinner black outline.

Could someone please clarify if whether just2good is talking about Hawkeye or the Captain America motorbike?

It seemed to me that he meant the Cap Polybag, as I haven't seen anything anywhere to confirm Hawkeye's existence.

It seemed to me that he meant the Cap Polybag, as I haven't seen anything anywhere to confirm Hawkeye's existence.

There's been murmurings that we may see a Hawkeye promo.

I have not heard anything about a Hawkeye polybag. Amazing Bricks said it was coming (I think?) but his info hasn't been so accurate unfortunately. :sad:

How many studs will the length be of the bridge?

54 studs; give or take a stud.

Edited by Gorki247

NOOO what? $100? That's like $70

I'll take it. I thought originally that this was going to be quite a bit more expensive, and it's not too shabby (content-wise, not aesthetically) for that price.

I'm pretty sure that Scarlet Spider's eyes have a thinner black outline.

Neither Scarlet Spider nor Spider-Woman have the traditional 'outline' around their eyes, so yeah, if anything, it'll just be a thin black line to separate the white and the red.

I'm soooo excited for this set!! Definitely a day-1-purchase!

NOOO what? $100? That's like $70

I'll take it. I thought originally that this was going to be quite a bit more expensive, and it's not too shabby (content-wise, not aesthetically) for that price.

I dunno, as far as I've seen/heard, all we have is the UK price. I wouldn't be surprised if this one ended up costing around the same as Jokerland, somewhere in the $120-range.

Still day-one for me, though. Scarlet Spider will be mine. Oh yes. He will be mine. STILL waiting to see a good close-up of him...

I dunno, as far as I've seen/heard, all we have is the UK price. I wouldn't be surprised if this one ended up costing around the same as Jokerland, somewhere in the $120-range.

Still day-one for me, though. Scarlet Spider will be mine. Oh yes. He will be mine. STILL waiting to see a good close-up of him...

I thought usually the USD number was usually lower than the GBP.

I thought usually the USD number was usually lower than the GBP.

Do I have it backward? Cuz that's not how it shakes out on the exchange rates. Maybe that's why the Brits hate LEGO's pricing structure so much. 99 GBP equals around 140 USD.

EDIT: I knew there was an example I was thinking about with pricing more in line with exchange rates: The Brick Bank! 119.99 GBP, 169.99 USD.

Edited by rob-ot5000

Do I have it backward? Cuz that's not how it shakes out on the exchange rates. Maybe that's why the Brits hate LEGO's pricing structure so much. 99 GBP equals around 140 USD.

"Hate" is too mild a word.

I'm liking the bridge, a good mix of play set and display, although I don't get why they can't make a proper Spider-Woman just because of the SDCC fig (is this why she's being called Spider-GIRL?) Still a cool fig, although mine will probably get black hair at some point. I just wish Gwen was in the set... although, given her history with bridges, I don't blame Lego for steering clear of that particular association.

Some odd design choices in that bridge set - we run the guantlet from ultra detailed (Goblin) to minimalist (well, the rest really...) - it's as if multiple designers were fighting for creative control...