Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Yeah, Classic TV Series Batcave D2C for DC Super Heroes, it was officially revealed about two or three weeks ago. It's (publicly) due out in March, and we're not expecting any Marvel D2Cs at the moment.

Wow completely forgot about that. :hmpf_bad: That's a real shame that Marvel only has one compared to DC's three.

What do people think of the prices for the Silver Centurion in general? Is it likely to drop within a few days? How much should one wait for the price to drop before trying to grab one from eBay/Bricklink? Usually the polybags I buy are at lower prices, but I acknowledge that this is a very popular fig.

Yeah, well the helicarrier was pretty pricey though. But I hope we get a good looking playset one next year. I really don't want any UCS vehicle ones.

Wow completely forgot about that. :hmpf_bad: That's a real shame that Marvel only has one compared to DC's three.

So far, so far. Infnity War....Inifinity War!.....

What do people think of the prices for the Silver Centurion in general? Is it likely to drop within a few days? How much should one wait for the price to drop before trying to grab one from eBay/Bricklink? Usually the polybags I buy are at lower prices, but I acknowledge that this is a very popular fig.

Yes, wait. They will surely drop soon!

Have we had any word on an UCS/D2C Superheroes set for 2016 yet? I mean we had Arkham Asylum in 2013, The Tumbler in 2014 and The Helicarrier in 2015.

Wait was Arkham a UCS/D2C?? I just thought it was a big expensive set, that was the only day one purchase I ever made. LOL

After not getting a single Silver Centurian IM I now have four. Just drove to two GameStops and asked if they had an extra and the store that misplaced their box called me to let me know they found the box.

Got mine today after not getting one at the purchase of the game. My store had 4 supposedly and sold out of all of them in the three hours between their opening and my arrival. :wacko:

So, seeing as the policy with pre-ordered items is if after 48 hours someone doesn't pick up their item they can give it away. So, I prepared to call every gamester within a reasonable 30 minute drive from where I am (there are actually quite a few, surprisingly) and was told that the closest store had an extra. So, they put it on hold for me and gave it to me for free. Even apologizing for the other store not having it. Not even the store that gave me the game said sorry. So, shout out to that store for allowing me to have the greatest Iron Man figure thus far! :wink:

Moral of the story: Opening your mouth if you really want something does not cost you anything. A quick phone call with an explanation can work wonders. :thumbup:

I drove to a GameStop 12 miles away to get my Silver Centurion Iron Man. My GameStop also got shorted, they said they got in about five of them. At least if they called me as soon as the game came out, I would've rushed over there to pick it up and gave myself a chance to snag the bonus.

I just ended up calling all the surrounding Gamestops, and one guy said he had extras.

I'm glad I didn't have to buy it on the aftermarket. The prices right now are dreadful.

I have to thank you and all the other posts suggesting this. I tried it: walked into Gamestop, asked if they had any, and they found a "damaged one" that they had to "write off" to hand to me. I would have never gotten this minifig if it weren't for you guys! And it truly is a phenomenal figure.

I have a theory about these polybagged minifigures; are they made in the same factory that makes the CMFs? They both have far more detail than regular figures, but we know the CMFs are made to lower standards (cheaper plastic?) than minifigs that come in sets (can't remember where I read that, but it's common knowledge?). So is it a tradeoff between better printing and more detail and lower production quality that keeps lego stingy with these amazing details? Not that I can detect any difference in quality myself.

I have to thank you and all the other posts suggesting this. I tried it: walked into Gamestop, asked if they had any, and they found a "damaged one" that they had to "write off" to hand to me. I would have never gotten this minifig if it weren't for you guys! And it truly is a phenomenal figure.

I have a theory about these polybagged minifigures; are they made in the same factory that makes the CMFs? They both have far more detail than regular figures, but we know the CMFs are made to lower standards (cheaper plastic?) than minifigs that come in sets (can't remember where I read that, but it's common knowledge?). So is it a tradeoff between better printing and more detail and lower production quality that keeps lego stingy with these amazing details? Not that I can detect any difference in quality myself.

The back of the bag says that parts are made in Hungary, Denmark, and China. I can't tell too much of a different there, but on CMFs, the Chinese plastic and quality is lacking and is pretty noticeable. (To collectors such as ourselves at least). Plastic Man felt the most, "Chinese" to me out of all of Gamestop's exclusive figs.

It appears that there has been quite a "shortage" (for lack of a better word) with these Silver Centurion figures this time around.

Haven't seen a problem with the distribution of the figs this bad since that whole Elrond fiasco a few years back.

Maybe we're just being more vocal than others about not being able to get a figure as opposed to those who quickly got it, but only 4 figs being sent to quite a few stores across the US does not seem to be a mere coincidence. :shrug_confused:

Edited by Legocity2713

So I may be a tad late on this topic, but I've came to discuss my feelings on the upcoming summer wave.

75057: Not sure how i feel about this set. I appreciate the effort in the build, its not superb, but its decent, just not visually appealing. The aunt may figure is new but the pieces in it look very reused (?), maybe that's just me. Scorpions small cart thing looks awkward, and the figure/character really doesn't appeal to me. I absolutely love Green Goblin and his build, scarlet spider isn't half bad and Spider Girl is horrible to me, I seriously hate that hairpiece. Kraven confuses me, not sure what to think of him. Overall I have mixed feelings about this set and will probably not buy this set.

76059: White Tiger. That's about all I see that interests me about this set. She looks nice but I don't think I see Black Panthers piece on her, quite as shame since it would have suited her. Doctor Octopus has the honor of never appearing in a decent set, I mean come on his 2012 set was bland and his design was repulsive, in 2014 his bank car heist set wasn't terrible but it wasn't based on any exciting comic-inspired build it just didn't win me over. Overall disappointing to me

76058: I am IN LOVE with this set. It appears that ghost rider is using a trans-red version of syndroms hairpiece, this was a good move imo. Spider-mans new web shooting piece seems fun, hob goblin is such a well detailed figure, and the build is absolutely amazing, overall I love this set, can't wait to add ghost rider to my lineup of superheroes.

Also, can anyone tell me if Captain Marvels second head in the Avenjet space mission has a double sided head? I'm thinking about buying this set and that's honestly going to be the deal breaker for me, I don't want to have more than 1 figure with the same head, I dunno it just bothers me. So if anyone can confirm whether or not she has a double sided head on the spare (the red head), I would really appreciate it! Overall this is another okay year build wise for Lego Marvel, great for minifigures. I am also super sad to hear that we will no longer be receiving X-Men sets. I was just getting into X-Men comics and I am more than dissapointed to hear that we will never have more than 2 sets, 1 of which sharing half of its figures with the other. Seems like I will be saving money this year, as I have lost almost all interest in movie based sets for superheroes, the builds have become lazy (although the same could be said about some comic based sets), and my favorite costumes are the classics for Marvel and New 52 for DC (don't shoot me). This summer wave is giving me mixed feelings, but I sure do love that ghost rider set. Glad you all shared the pictures!

Also, can anyone tell me if Captain Marvels second head in the Avenjet space mission has a double sided head?

It's just the angry face. No double side on her red mask.

Can somebody help me, do I need to ask the websites for permission to use the photos in a video, or do I just give them credit in a video, could somebody help me please? I want to make a thoughts video.

Can somebody help me, do I need to ask the websites for permission to use the photos in a video, or do I just give them credit in a video, could somebody help me please? I want to make a thoughts video.

I really don't think this is the right place to ask, but as a matter of etiquette, you should ask them first, wait for a positive response (most photographers will say yes, if you credit them), and then credit them in your video. If the first person you ask refuses, ask someone else; there were multiple photographers at this event.

Wait was Arkham a UCS/D2C?? I just thought it was a big expensive set, that was the only day one purchase I ever made. LOL

It was a D2C I believe. But yes that was a day 1 for me as well. :grin:

Just a random tought, What if the main draw of the spoiler set isn't Spidey.

What if the main spoiler is Quicksilver being alive :grin:

Nobody would expect that!

P.S I know nothing

I hope the 4th Civil War set is some sort of expansion for the airport. The panther jet scene seems to be taking place at the airport (or at least in the lego world it is)

I like that!

Edited by kevkipo

P.S I know nothing

Vee didn't see zat commink

P.S I know nothing

I like that!

Me before I saw Age of Ultron:

I really hope that in Civil War, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are on opposite sides.

Me after Age of Ultron:

I did not see that coming

I'm just now realizing that they're using Hoskins head for Kraven. That's kind of funny, they reused it once in DC and now once in Marvel.

For those of you saying that white tiger doesn't come with black panthers head thing.....

(Found this on Flickr and I know it's reliable)

post-32789-0-69659000-1454247680_thumb.jpeg

Yep we saw / talked about that earlier. They did probably just forget to put the piece on in the set picture :grin: Thanks for sharing, though!

Zusammengebaut will say no. Use promobricks' photographs.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Yep, Tiger definitely has ears, but only on the turntable. I'm going to wait for a review of the bridge, but it looks like a fairly useful setpiece that transcends Spider-Man, and I must have that literally perfect Goblin. You may not have noticed :sarcasm: but I love Halloween, and so a villain who uses it as his theme is right up my alley.

I'm just now realizing that they're using Hoskins head for Kraven. That's kind of funny, they reused it once in DC and now once in Marvel.

Really ?

Oh yes, you re right. Why is TLG so lazy to draw something new.......

Edited by Sebiron

Really ?

Oh yes, you re right. Why are TLG so lazy to draw something new.......

If it works, then there's no sense in making a new face print and spending more money.

I think a Tony Stark head would work. Or possibly Dr. Strange if he get's a new face print

Weird that they'd use the Cyborg head for Rhodey. It's not like they have to make a new print for him, the other was just fine. They even use that design in Lego Avengers. Oh well, good thing I have two!