Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

@warmachine86 - There is no blue on Scarlet Spider as far as I recall so presumably it is Kaine Parker. I do not remember Spider-Girl's hair colour unfortunately.

That is from the overview article on Brickset

The Scarlet Spider is still open for debate on which one it is.

Edited by frog4gators

I could be wrong, but from what I understood Scarlet Spider is most definitely Ben Reilly. Nobody said there wasn't any blue. They said it was dark red, but that doesn't mean there's no blue. And they distinctly said that the hood piece (with the hood down) was on Scarlet Spider. Especially considering the fact that they said Spidergirl was labeled as such, I don't think they mistook which figure the hood was on.

If it is SpiderGwen, it would seem she'll come with a hairpiece, and presumably an actual hood to swap out. I've never seen any pictures of SpiderGwen with her hood down.

^This.

Not only that but given the amount of fan service Lego has given us this wave with the wide variety of characters (especially the lesser known ones) as well as the Captain Stacy figure in the other set, I think it's more probable Lego is going to give us the famous 90's Scarlet Spider. As well as Spider-Gwen.

I could be wrong, but from what I understood Scarlet Spider is most definitely Ben Reilly. Nobody said there wasn't any blue. They said it was dark red, but that doesn't mean there's no blue. And they distinctly said that the hood piece (with the hood down) was on Scarlet Spider. Especially considering the fact that they said Spidergirl was labeled as such, I don't think they mistook which figure the hood was on.

If it is SpiderGwen, it would seem she'll come with a hairpiece, and presumably an actual hood to swap out. I've never seen any pictures of SpiderGwen with her hood down.

@warmachine86 - There is no blue on Scarlet Spider as far as I recall so presumably it is Kaine Parker. I do not remember Spider-Girl's hair colour unfortunately.

That is from the overview article on Brickset

That's from CapnRex101, who was the guy at the fair who wrote the Marvel article on brickset. He says no blue

Also here you go:

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/90/54ecb5d69a73b/background.jpg

With that picture of SpiderGwen, though... I highly doubt they'd give us 2 heads, 2 hood pieces (up/down), and a hairpiece for one figure. if we get Gwen, I'd be shocked if they didn't have her with the hood up, as you couldn't fully use the figure as the superhero. If we do get her hood up and hood down, I doubt we'll be getting the piece for the hood down. Just the head/hair.

Hopefully it's Gwen. But the hairpiece's presence is the one thing that makes me skeptical. I feel like that just means too many extra pieces to swap out for one figure.

Everything else: the white, Captain Stacey's presence, the character's popularity over either of the other options... Seems to indicate we'll be getting Gwen.

Isnt the hood of spidergwen also hard to pull off with the printing on the inside? Maybe it's silk or anya :-s

Silk would be pretty cool in my opinion - she was overshadowed by Spider-Gwen when she could have been great on her own, so it would be cool to see her get some recognition.

Silk would be pretty cool in my opinion - she was overshadowed by Spider-Gwen when she could have been great on her own, so it would be cool to see her get some recognition.

Silk is a very good character, but I can't find a reason to push her over Gwen. Like you said, Gwen has completely overshadowed her so I don't see a reason to have a less popular character. People are going nuts over Gwen, it makes sense to capitalize on that.

The white could also just be a placeholder piece as well.

With that picture of SpiderGwen, though... I highly doubt they'd give us 2 heads, 2 hood pieces (up/down), and a hairpiece for one figure. if we get Gwen, I'd be shocked if they didn't have her with the hood up, as you couldn't fully use the figure as the superhero. If we do get her hood up and hood down, I doubt we'll be getting the piece for the hood down. Just the head/hair.

Hopefully it's Gwen. But the hairpiece's presence is the one thing that makes me skeptical. I feel like that just means too many extra pieces to swap out for one figure.

Everything else: the white, Captain Stacey's presence, the character's popularity over either of the other options... Seems to indicate we'll be getting Gwen.

I think it's possible Gwen comes with two heads and one hairpiece, like Captain Marvel. While I'd be disappointed in no hood, you're right it'd be extremely difficult to print that web pattern inside a hood, but it may look better with no hood at all.

So we're going with Anya then?

Yeah that's most likely. She definitely had hair (brown, I'm pretty sure, and definitely no hood (either up or down)), but I don't recall whether it's black/white or a red/blue costume.

Edited by cake in milk

Yeah that's most likely. She definitely had hair (brown, I'm pretty sure, and definitely no hood (either up or down)), but I don't recall whether it's black/white or a red/blue costume.

I'd be happy with that :classic: thanks for the details!

LEGO has taken down Brickset's reports on everything. They didn't like all of the detail.

So bleeping ridiculous. How asinine.

Stupid. Does Lego think we're all just going to forget the information they told us? I can understand taking down pictures, but descriptions? That's so petty.

Edited by Ultron

Isnt the hood of spidergwen also hard to pull off with the printing on the inside? Maybe it's silk or anya :-s

Wyldestyle's hood would be able to do that easily, after all they managed to print her hair on it. I wouldn't expect the other down hood piece for her though, her hair is likely too long for that.

It's definitely Ben Reilly

It's definitely not Spider-Gwen or Silk

At this point I've heard too much conflicting information on both of these minifigures and can't decide what to believe. All I can say is that if it's not Gwen then Lego is seriously misreading their customers.

LEGO has taken down Brickset's reports on everything. They didn't like all of the detail.

That's an absurd move on their part. Likely more information will drop in a few days, why take down descriptions? It will buy them a few hours at the most. The next toy fair starts tomorrow and that's the one pictures leak from.

Edited by strangely

I can understand taking down pictures, but descriptions? That's so petty.

Exactly. Did everyone sign NDAs? Swear not to talk about it? What's the point of the Toy Fair, exactly? Why did they even bother showing up?

I totally understand why Huw complies with their wishes (demands), but this has got to be one of those times where even he thinks it's stupid as hell. I think what bothers me most is that there isn't even any acknowledgement of what happened. Everything is just...gone. Not a single article that even MENTIONS the Toy Fair. "What Toy Fair??"

Oh well, they can't erase it from my brain.

That I know of.

Edited by rob-ot5000

Exactly. Did everyone sign NDAs? Swear not to talk about it? What's the point of the Toy Fair, exactly? Why did they even bother showing up?

I totally understand why Huw complies with their wishes (demands), but this has got to be one of those times where even he thinks it's stupid as hell. I think what bothers me most is that there isn't even any acknowledgement of what happened. Everything is just...gone. Not a single article that even MENTIONS the Toy Fair. "What Toy Fair??"

Oh well, they can't erase it from my brain.

That I know of.

Some respect for them has been lost, honestly.