Great build so far. Just read through the whole WIP and a couple of things hit me;

1- You had the guts to tear it down and start over when you weren't happy (and do it publicly)

2- You are pursuing a realistic chassis, probably at the expense of extra grief.

I don't see you taking the easy way out anywhere! Looking forward to seeing the rest as it develops.

Thanks OzShan! Really appreciate the compliments :blush:

I wanted to thank you but I didn't want to make an empty post either, but I don't have anything substantial to show you guys except for this door that I've been working on.

I wanted nice clean lines and panels that fit together seamlessly. After a few attempt I came up with this and I think it looks okay. The downside is that it requires panels to be connected at really odd angles so the inside of the door looks busy.... I could cover it up by stacking liftarms but then the door will be too wide. I don't want to cover up the inside using a plate because the studs will stick out. And there aren't big enough tiles to the do the job :sceptic:

19189189411_6efafbe035_o.jpg

19159471186_dee39d74b0_o.jpg

Edited by sm1995

Panels are not meant to perfectly cover gaps, so with this door combo you achieved near perfect solution. At a price of a thicker door, but it looks gorgeous.

I was wondering if this project was still going on or not?

Thanks for your interest!

Well, yes and no. The project has evolved into a different car altogether, with the same principles of rear mounted gearbox, realistic chassis+body and gapless bodywork being applied. I decided not to the update the WIP because as a full time college student I rarely get any time to build. On my "free" weeks I could maybe squeeze in about an hour on Saturday and Sunday but that's about it. So the build is really moving at a snails pace :( But I'm still hoping to have something ready to present to you by the end of next summer!

Thanks for sharing the WIP pictures - somehow I missed this topic yet...

Interesting ideas, nice part useage, I do love the panel work on the door!

Whatewer how long this will take, I am pretty sure we all will be pleased. :wink:

Woahh...! Nice! This is such an interesting way to build. Building the chassis before the suspension, and manage to do it all realistic! You inspired me a lot! Thanks!