Sign in to follow this  
def

Pelly's Paradise: Conclusion: An End to Effort

Thanks for putting on an interesting game, def, it had a lot of potential that the players sadly missed.

Some of it was missed, but a game is rarely what you hope it will. The fact that no town block emerged was baffling.

Way to barely not lose, town, which is a miracle only made possibly by the scum being even worse, as hard to believe as that is. :laugh:

Hard to believe you didn't read the scum board, since that was my assessment.

I'd send almost every other one of you back to Mafia School. :ugh:

I would lower it to those alive after day three, minus Bob, Darkdragon, and Piratedave.

Hey hey! Great game everyone, and fantastic hosting, def!

By fantastic hosting, I hope you are specifically meaning the mechanics and PM stuff. This is the laziest MOC I ever passed off, and the Cosplay theme is only so that I don't have to open the vault and pull out all my individually zip locked figs :laugh: It works fine to me, but I think the whole set up looks cheap. I'm about the game, not the story though.

Some of it was missed, but a game is rarely what you hope it will. The fact that no town block emerged was baffling.

There was eventually the town block of Piratedave, Lego Spy and myself.

Oh, huge kudos to those stuck with the curses. Magnificent job with your posts, and I'm SO glad I never got one of those costumes :)

Yes, fhomess and Piratedave rocked it. Really rocked it.

Darkdragon did okay, and Walter? Where is Walter?...

There was eventually the town block of Piratedave, Lego Spy and myself.

Forgive me if I don't consider it a town block :laugh:

Those curses, man....it was hard enough for me to post and then to have to do it that way. The problem was I could never get the list copy/pasted in time to get something that wasn't a curse except the first day and near the end when i took the storm's.

Forgive me if I don't consider it a town block :laugh:

But the title of the PM thread was Town Block! How can you deny it?!

I just wrote my post and then added in the loving parts after. It wasn't the best way when I was in a hurry.

I just wrote my post and then added in the loving parts after. It wasn't the best way when I was in a hurry.

You had the easiest one. The rhyming and Bible talk were the harder ones.

I had the same issue with Piratedave's "Not scum = town" logic. No consideration of SK or godfather. My hope was that Zepher was investigated as "not scum" so that we could have had a day six.

For one, you kept saying Lego Spy and Darkdragon were cleared as Town when they were only cleared as "Not Scum". This seemed to inform your idea that Brickelodeon was SK. Two, your suspicion of Brickelodeon may have been warranted but you kept asking what he had done for the Town. I don't know. Announced he had a Scum result on Tammo and killed Mostlytechnic? Maybe there were contradictions but he hadn't done nothing as you were insinuating.

I killed MT and he had bacled out of the Tammo lynch even though he produced the result; the evidence was pointing (IMO) to him not being town. That combined with his constant lying was very scummy not only to me but to others as well.

Oh, huge kudos to those stuck with the curses. Magnificent job with your posts, and I'm SO glad I never got one of those costumes :)

The cursed curses ... I was so pissed when I originaly got the memo I needed to rhyme but I actually had fun doing it.

Those curses, man....it was hard enough for me to post and then to have to do it that way. The problem was I could never get the list copy/pasted in time to get something that wasn't a curse except the first day and near the end when i took the storm's.

But the title of the PM thread was Town Block! How can you deny it?!

LOL it was hard-ish to coordinate; Lego Spy barely contributed to the thread and the PM chain so much so that DD and I actually continued our conversation in another PM we had rather than in the 'block' PM.

I had the same issue with Piratedave's "Not scum = town" logic. No consideration of SK or godfather. My hope was that Zepher was investigated as "not scum" so that we could have had a day six.

Not publicly I did not; I did consider these possibilities BUT DD strongly suggested that I kill MT so I was sure she was legit. As for the godfather I thought it might have been Lego Spy or Zepher. You have to admit that there was very little reason to suspect DD of being the SK.

I know one thing I did wrong as the cop; I was looking for an ally rather than scum. I should have investigated Brick (who I was suspicious of) or Zepher ...

This is the second time I drop the ball when I'm thrust in a PR position or a position where I'm part of the town block. I'm not good at leading town thats for sure!!!!

Piratedave, I think you did very well and worked hard for the town. If scum had done better, I think they could have kept up the steamrolling but they seemed to get lazy or something after the first couple days. You were right on about a number of things, not counting me :wink:

The SK should always play as hard town. They aren't scum after all...

I have never been able to finger an SK. There's just so little to go off of since they are just as blind to the scum as town is.

Overall, despite some of the flaws in logic that resulted in poor play, this game was really fun. The conversation died out a bit too much on latter days. I was really unhappy with the bible curse after having played Harriet Slutter that way. I said when I signed up that I didn't really have the time for this game, and squeezing it in was not easy but I'm glad I did it.

Def, thanks for putting together an interesting game. Even though the pictures weren't elaborate, keeping the games running regularly is an important part of maintaining enthusiasm and getting new players to join. Much appreciated.

I killed MT and he had bacled out of the Tammo lynch even though he produced the result; the evidence was pointing (IMO) to him not being town. That combined with his constant lying was very scummy not only to me but to others as well.

Right, sorry. You killed him but he voted for him...and Lind. Brick just seemed Town to me the whole time. I thought maybe he could be the Serial Killer. Tammo pointed out that Darkdragon was (in his words) "obviously" the Serial Killer. After that I couldn't see it otherwise. But you were totally blind to the possibility and I don't know how you think you should look for a Serial Killer but they have no knowledge of who the Scum are, they rarely "strike deals" with the Scum and normally blend in by playing Town. I even thought Brick had a solid explanation for the lies he told. You had tunnel vision on him and the Scum and SK were trying to glide under the radar while the two of you fought loudly in thread. That made me want to strangle you.

I have never been able to finger an SK.

:look:

Def, thanks for putting together an interesting game. Even though the pictures weren't elaborate, keeping the games running regularly is an important part of maintaining enthusiasm and getting new players to join. Much appreciated.

I'll second that; it's always fun to have a game run right on (or very close to) schedule. We're all always super eager to find out how the nights went and Def's dedication and timeliness really goes a long way in keeping us in the game.

Right, sorry. You killed him but he voted for him...and Lind. Brick just seemed Town to me the whole time. I thought maybe he could be the Serial Killer. Tammo pointed out that Darkdragon was (in his words) "obviously" the Serial Killer. After that I couldn't see it otherwise. But you were totally blind to the possibility and I don't know how you think you should look for a Serial Killer but they have no knowledge of who the Scum are, they rarely "strike deals" with the Scum and normally blend in by playing Town. I even thought Brick had a solid explanation for the lies he told. You had tunnel vision on him and the Scum and SK were trying to glide under the radar while the two of you fought loudly in thread. That made me want to strangle you.

I did have tunnel vision much like I did with Mencot in past game; he got to me and I could not look past it.

The logic was maybe flawed but you have to admit that it was plausible that Tammo would have called him out and he would have sided with them; especially seeing how he flipped his vote on him.

The logic was maybe flawed but you have to admit that it was plausible that Tammo would have called him out and he would have sided with them; especially seeing how he flipped his vote on him.

Absolutely. He tried it with claiming he attempted to kill Zepher. That was a great tactic and even better that someone called it out. I didn't think they would go for so much as to give up Tammo and pretend to kill Zepher and "put all the Scum in one basket." I agree that it was a possibility. I was just annoyed you kept going back to the one point. And I'm aware I'm calling your kettle black. :blush:

Best call of the game goes to Dragonfire, though. Figuring out that Lind took an item and Lady K got killed with it the next day was spot on and nobody even responded to it. Walter got lynched that day and Dragonfire was even killed by the Scum and nobody looked back at what he said.

Oh my, look who wasn't the SK... :hmpf_bad:

Great game everyone! It was a pleasure to play with you (yes even you Dave :tongue: ). I finally get to win as town!

Oh great, what have I started? Do I have to change my name now?

Brick, you had me convinced you were the SK, and you knew Zepher was scum and were defending him, trying to pull a Hinck!

Aww I was so close!

I really thought there were two scum left or I would have shifted that darn vote over to jluck.

Were you sure Zepher was scum?

And just in interest, why did you kill me?

Thanks to everyone for lynching me, a loyal townie, on Day One!

I mean, whatever. Was a fun game to watch - thanks Def!

Sorry Stick, but I thought you were lying scum after you claimed your item. I read the truth about it on the deadboard though.

I came across as the serial killer during most of Day Four, and I think that's why Zepher came after me. I'm not too angry though, he saved me from rhyming the entire day.

I was seriously worried that you were the SK when def told me that the SK had killed me. I'm glad I was wrong.

Absolutely. He tried it with claiming he attempted to kill Zepher. That was a great tactic and even better that someone called it out. I didn't think they would go for so much as to give up Tammo and pretend to kill Zepher and "put all the Scum in one basket." I agree that it was a possibility. I was just annoyed you kept going back to the one point. And I'm aware I'm calling your kettle black. :blush:

Best call of the game goes to Dragonfire, though. Figuring out that Lind took an item and Lady K got killed with it the next day was spot on and nobody even responded to it. Walter got lynched that day and Dragonfire was even killed by the Scum and nobody looked back at what he said.

Thanks, but it was DD the SK who killed me. The scum killed fhomess.

I was also the one who called out Tammo's tactic and made the case on Zepher.

Personally, I feel that I improved a lot in this game from the previous two games I played. I was more cautious in PM (having trusted the SK and a scum in PM before), and I actually developed a townread on someone and worked with them in PM. I voted for three of the scum at some point in the game and correctly scumread two of them (I didn't trust mostly either; and Tammo was 50/50 in my opinion. I made a case on a scum and this eventually got them lynched. Besides, I blocked Lind Whisperer on the night I died; this prevented Lind's theft of Dave's vig action and allowed him to kill mostly. So in a way, I helped at night too. I'm still learning, but I think this is a step in the right direction.

Were you sure Zepher was scum?

And just in interest, why did you kill me?

I was fairly certain he was scum, my mistake was that I thought there were two left. I did start to get worried as the day drew to a close that I was wrong, and PirateDave can attest to it because i was PMing him a lot :laugh: none of those PMs were lies, I really did want to find scum.

Basically because it was convenient. I was certain you were town and that nobody else would target you with anything.

mostlytechnic: I can't nail it down to any one thing speficially to quote, for me it was simply the words in your posts.

Scumboard is here: http://123.writeboard.com/z55rjzq7g60v464sd7kjihnm (password scummo if I remember right)

DF, what was making you think I was scum? I was trying to play as townie as normal, so I'm curious what was giving me away... Anyone else that was pinging on me feel free to chime in too

Can't speak for others, but it seemed like you were too normal, if that makes sense. Townies often take risks because they have nothing to lose. It's the same reason people thought I was scum, I played to soft and didn't contribute much, almost like an observer instead of a player.

DF, what was making you think I was scum? I was trying to play as townie as normal, so I'm curious what was giving me away... Anyone else that was pinging on me feel free to chime in too

Basically, you said something in my PM with you about "talking to too many people", strongly implying that you knew the watcher. I asked Lind, who was the watcher, whether he had been talking to anyone and he said no, just Tammo. I therefore gauged that you were scum, whatever Lind's alignment. Other than that, you did pretty well, particularly the suspicion on Brick on D3 (I think).

Oh, and you were playing like you played as scum in our last game.

Edited by Dragonfire

Oh, and def, can we please see the scumboard?

The scum shared that with me, and as I told them, the host shouldn't follow the scum board. It gives temptation to adjust the game in ways. Any future hosts out there: don't make the scum's board for them. Let them do it themselves :wink:

I was really unhappy with the bible curse after having played Harriet Slutter that way.

That wasn't a curse, though, that was a character choice and it was awesome. :wub:

Basically, you said something in my PM with you about "talking to too many people", strongly implying that you knew the watcher. I asked Lind, who was the watcher, whether he had been talking to anyone and he said no, just Tammo. I therefore gauged that you were scum, whatever Lind's alignment. Other than that, you did pretty well, particularly the suspicion on Brick on D3 (I think).

Oh, and you were playing like you played as scum in our last game.

Yeah, I do know I screwed up that PM (for the others - I meant to say something about the tracker and said watcher instead, because scum had both, but caught it after sending the PM and sent another saying that I said the wrong thing because I was talking to too many people and getting myself mixed up). I was hoping later that I'd salvage it since Lind told me you'd asked him and I was able to (I thought) cover my tracks with you that it was an innocent mistake, but didn't know if my excuses worked or not.

I would lower it to those alive after day three, minus Bob, Darkdragon, and Piratedave.

You're right, I forgot about Dave, who also did a good job.

You had the easiest one. The rhyming and Bible talk were the harder ones.

He may have had the easiest one, but having to love himself was a work of genius. :grin:

Well that was short lived for me but fun to follow! Even though you killed me DD (no more visiting my cave now, bad dragon!), I think it would have been fun for the game to continue and for the SK to have a chance to kill everyone!

Sign in to follow this