FishHead

Is Pet Shop gone for good?

I was thinking of picking up another Pet Shop, but Lego Shop @ Home indicates it is 30 days out of stock. It's been sitting at "30 days out of stock" for some time now. I did order another two weeks ago, but all I've gotten from Lego is that they are sorry to report that my set will be delayed. Is delayed really delayed, or will be delayed become, "Sorry, you should've bought it when you could!"?

If they say it will ship within 30 days, it should still ship. They would say "Sold out" if they had no more. You will get yours.

I hear Pet Shop is supposed to be available for another month or two.. which probably means they are gonna ship out these already ordered and then it's done.

In Europe the expected ship date has been changing from 30 days to "Expected ship date May 1st" to "...April 20th" and now back to May 1st again. As others have said, you should definitely receive it, but the exact details as to when are a bit murkier.

At this point it could go either way. The PS is not officially EOL'd yet. But I am sure available stock is dwindling to near nothing, and they are unlikely to do another production run. So it may simply organically sell out. They won't say so because there are still some in the pipeline somewhere. CHances are you will get your order as product is routed around and returned from stores to free up shelf space. But this is probably pretty much the end of the line for PS.

Just an FYI it's following the same pattern as the Grand Emporium last year (it was gone by fall). They gave me OOS/30 days warning but still got the product within 2 weeks (disclaimer: I live 25 miles away from their main warehouse, everything I order is overnight shipping)

Just be thankful it's not like the Town Hall, which just disappeared!

That's why I went ahead and pulled the trigger on another one. I spent my $40 VIP points to get it down in price some. I wanted another before it was too late.

The GG did the same thing. It said SOLD OUT...then sprang back with a few more in Stock...then went SOLD OUT again permanently

Edited by KringlesBricks

well,As others have said, you should definitely receive it, but the exact details as to when are a bit murkier.35.gif

Edited by wangyuovi

I went to three Lego stores this past weekend and they all said that they will not be getting anymore shipments of PS and PC. So it looks as though both could be gone soon. PC has also been later ship dates as well.

Interesting if both the PS and the PC are retiring. That leaves only two modulars left in the shops. Would surprise me, but hey Lego acts in the way that suits Lego best. Will follow the development on this for sure.

I went to three Lego stores this past weekend and they all said that they will not be getting anymore shipments of PS and PC. So it looks as though both could be gone soon. PC has also been later ship dates as well.

Interesting if both the PS and the PC are retiring. That leaves only two modulars left in the shops. Would surprise me, but hey Lego acts in the way that suits Lego best. Will follow the development on this for sure.

Having only recently emerged from my dark age, the whole modular thing is brand new to me. Have a pet shop on backorder from S@H as my first, would be a bit of a nuisance trying to secure the cinema too before I even know if modulars is something I will be in to, after building the first one. So I appreciate the information, but desperately hope it isn't true.

Well, the PC is back in stock here in Europe, so I guess it is not retiring yet. However, the PS delivery date keeps getting pushed. Now it is May 7th. Either a very large number of orders for the PS have been made during the 2x VIP points period, or it is really close to retiring. Hmm.

Similar to the topic creator, I ordered a Petshop along with the new Detective Office a few weeks ago and have since received the latter. I hope that Lego keeps a sufficient inventory of available sets that so long as I ordered the Petshop before it received the permanent "out of stock" label, I will still receive the set. There is no rush to receive it, but I have not received any emails since notifying me of the order status.

Recently, I saw the Petshop status on the S@H website change temporarily from "expected to ship in 30 days" to "expected to ship April 4th" (or some date similar to that) before returning to the "expected to ship in 30 days". I had my hopes that the temporary switch meant my order may be shipped soon.

Also, I genuinely hope that the Palace Cinema will remain available for a while longer. I've noticed it has been temporarily out of stock just as often lately as the Petshop. It was my intention to purchase the Palace Cinema (and perhaps the Parisian Restaurant) during Lego's other double VIP point event later in Fall 2015. I've only just now decided to enter the modular world and wished to acquire the four currently available sets.

And then the PC sent out of stock again in Europe, with a delivery date on April 17th. The stock must be pretty low at the moment, and so the question remains: how many more PC sets will Lego produce. I would be surprised if the PC is to retire bow, since it has only been 6 months since the TH and GE were retired. If the PS also retires low, that would be a total of 4 modulars in a little more than 6 months. That would be very surprising to me.

The Palace Cinema (for the UK at least) has a retire date of 2017. I cant remember the retire date for Pet Shop, but its at least the end of this year.

Fezter: Where do you have this info from? Would be good news if true. :)

I just ordered my Pet Shop--it's the first modular I've bought (I was given the Detective's Office as a gift). We'll see how the order progresses. The nice thing about the extended time is that I have more time to cancel the order if I change my mind.

The nice thing about the extended time is that I have more time to cancel the order if I change my mind.

Why would you change your mind?! *oh2* PS is an awesome modular. The first one I ever bought and I just ordered a second the other day... Although now I have to wait until the 1st of May for it to be dispatched :sad:

Why would you change your mind?! *oh2* PS is an awesome modular. The first one I ever bought and I just ordered a second the other day... Although now I have to wait until the 1st of May for it to be dispatched :sad:

Oh, it's an awesome modular, to be sure--I just always hesitate when I make any sizable purchase (until just last year, I had very low-paying jobs, and couldn't really afford much Lego). Knowing that I could cancel if I wanted to helps me be less hesitant.

Here's hoping it will ship soon!

Ahhhh.... I was hoping to start a little Modular collection with my son. I have to pull the trigger on that Pet Shop I guess.

My son became huge into Lego's this Christmas. By the time I found out about these modulars, they had already retired the Town Hall and the Grand Emporium. Now I am trying to hunt those down.

This catch up year looks to be expensive, especially with my son also wanting the Fire Brigade. I give up on the first three sets.

But I guess I will need to drop the money on Pet Shop. As for Palace Cinema, I still think it has legs. Target got some in this week.

I ordered mine on april 2nd but it still appears as 'temporarily not available', I hope I'll get mine sooner or later...