SkaForHire

VOTING THREAD Warzone 2: The Battle for the Reservoir

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the Battle of the Reservoir?

• Ulandus
    • High Council
    • Desert King
  2. 2. Which HIGH COUNCIL MOC was the best?

• Gideon
    • Bregir
    • mccoyed
    • Jakorin Swiftsword
    • Maxim I
    • LittleJohn
  3. 3. Which HIGH COUNCIL MOC was Second Best?

• LittleJohn
    • Bregir
    • Gideon
    • Jakorin Swiftsword
    • Maxim I
    • mccoyed
  4. 4. Which HIGH COUNCIL MOC was the third best?

• Bregir
    • Mccoyed
    • Jakorin Swiftsword
    • Gideon
    • LittleJohn
    • Maxim I
  5. 5. Which ULANDUS MOC was the best?

• Kai NRG
    • Garmadon
    • Elostirion
    • Andrew Spader
  6. 6. Which ULANDUS MOC was the second best?

• Garmadon
    • Elostirion
    • Andrew Spader
    • Kai NRG
  7. 7. Which ULANDUS MOC was the third best?

• Andrew Spader
    • Elostirion
    • Garmadon
    • Kai NRG
  8. 8. Which DESERT KING MOC was the best?

• Umbra-Manis
    • Emma
    • MKJoshA
    • Robuko
    • Disco86
    • LordDan
    • Jacob Nion
    • MassEditor
  9. 9. Which DESERT KING MOC was the second best?

• Umbra-Manis
    • Emma
    • MKJoshA
    • Robuko
    • Disco86
    • LordDan
    • Jacob Nion
    • MassEditor
  10. 10. Which DESERT KING MOC was the third best?

• Umbra-Manis
    • Emma
    • MKJoshA
    • Robuko
    • Disco86
    • LordDan
    • Jacob Nion
    • MassEditor

VOTING THREAD Warzone 2: The Battle for the Reservoir

Who Can Vote: EVERYONE

How to Vote: Look at all the MOCs from each side. First, determine which side won this battle. You should base your opinion on a couple different factors:

A)Build quality amongst all MOCs

B)Number of MOCs of quality [Please remember that Ulandus has a numbers disadvantage here in terms of team members, so even though they only had four builds, that is almost half their builders participating]

C) Story of the MOC

You can weigh these in any order, or add your own categories. Please consider the three above in your decision though. You may want to clarify or lobby for your favorites in this thread, but you don’t have to write anything if you don’t want to.

Next, pick an answer to each question in the pole.

In the second three questions it will ask you to pick your favorite MOC from each side. Please judge on quality of MOC and its story. You can add other qualifications to your own judging process if you would like.

Finally, submit your vote.

Polling ends: April 1st (a little bit longer than normal because the thread was made later this week)

Warzone 2: Battle for the Reservoir

Who Can Participate: All Factions

Terrain: This battle zone is along the Qar Ahken River’s banks, which are bordered on both sides by long swaths of fertile land, irrigated by the rich waters or the life-giving river of Kaliphlin. Specifically, this battle will be fought near the river, around the Flagg Aqueduct Filling Stations.

History: Besides making oodles of money, Dextrus Flagg also used some of his vast fortune to improve Kaliphlin. When he took over, his oil interests in the Lower Parched Lands suffered because they could not sustain enough workers at well sites due to the cost and effort it took to move potable water to the remote locations. There was a solution already available; the vast aqueduct systems stemming from the Rakath Mountains already supplied many farm locations in the Nyika Tupu Desert. The old network did come all the way to the Qar Ahken River, but most of the old ducts had been destroyed or decayed when crossing the river. Those that still made it across the river had very little water left to take into the next desert. However, there were still aqueducts that lay dry on the other side of the river, that extended far into the Parched lands. Flagg was given an engineering choice, repair the ducts across the river, or find a way to pump the river water into the old aqueducts on the west side of the river. He chose the latter. So, the region along “Gentle Curve” was converted into large pumping stations that filled a reservoir, in turn the aqueducts were connected to the reservoir, and the excess water began flowing into the Parched Lands once more.

Mini-challenge: All three factions have recognized the importance of this location. Who controls the Reservoir controls the terrain within the middle of the lower parched lands. For this reason, the winning side will also claim H11 too. The builders must create a MOC that depicts one of the many filling stations or other element of Flagg’s reservoir. In addition to creating this work, the builder must show their side taking possession of the area, either through force, subterfuge, or maybe even “just getting there first.” It should be evident that your faction has taken control of the aqueduct, pumping apparatus, or part of the reservoir. Your interpretation of any piece of the reservoir system is up to you, but remember this isn’t science fiction, the devices you show should be feasible with simple medieval level mechanics.

Restrictions: 32x32 with limited overhang

Due Date: March 22nd

Finally, there are a few MOCs listed below that have not received the two thumbs up for approval yet. They are included here, but if they do not receive the two thumbs up before the deadline of the pole, they will not count in the standings.

Contenders:

HIGH COUNCIL

Gideon

Bregir

mccoyed

Jakorin Swiftsword

Maxim I

LittleJohn

ULANDUS

Kai NRG

Elostirion

Andrew Spader

Garmadon

DESERT KING

Umbra-Manis

Emma

MKJoshA

Robuko

Disco86

LordDan

Jacob Nion

MassEditor

On another note... I just don't have time to get up pictures in this thread. If anyone wants to create a picture index and email it to me, I will change the post. I guess this way it makes you all click and read the stories too.

Edited by SkaForHire

A tough battle between High Council and Dessert King here! A lot of good ones, and I'm looking forward to the results!

Really tough decision. So many builds are enchanting with their colors and a lot of cool aqueducts. But this time I keep my vote a secret.

But I still hope that Ulandus gets more participants, because the battle against the equal High Council is always fun.

While it was really tough to rank the buildings within the factions, I found it rather easy to vote for the Desert King again. Most builds, most builds of what I classify as very good quality, and also 2 of my 3 personal favourites.

However I have to say that from all I have seen so far in this civil war this challenge has by far the best entries overall, and it was not only a pleasure but an honour to participate - thank you Ska!

High Council

Bregir - CHARGE!

16897764811_e08e4f46cb_z.jpg

mccoyed - Taking Heads

16100469823_8e2351d6a4_z.jpg

Jakorin Swiftsword - Aqueduct Aquired

16855092195_8b443da4e8_c.jpg

Maxim I - Defending the Kings Tower

16832039771_3dab9deba4_c.jpg

LittleJohn - Desert Aqueduct

16876991391_9eff460acc_z.jpg

Gideon

16706907788_2fe82f21ba_z.jpg

Ulandus

Kai NRG - Aqueduct in sight! Oh the joy!

16886024571_d06e942526_z.jpg

Elostirion - Controlling Destinations

16278757223_f6d876691f_z.jpg

Andrew Spader - Bitterness

16123660434_8df1dde9f2.jpg

Garmadon - [No build name given]

16882497881_79579e46c5_z.jpg

Desert King

Umbra-Manis - Riding The Aqueduct

800x1067.jpg

Emma - Keep the waters flowing

16699715730_3bebf66ec0_z.jpg

MKJoshA - Freeing the Aqueduct

16710394638_5d31125cc5_c.jpg

Robuko - Mr Spkk, You Have the Bridge

16279770103_d18bd39438_z.jpg

Disco86 - Aqueduct Occupation

16736895245_5a465382d6_z.jpg

LordDan - Taking out the Patrol Boat

16747518025_093b2e3ea0_z.jpg

Jacob Nion -

16805991021_36f5489f49_b.jpg

MassEditor -

16607294910_b679979bfd_z.jpg

Edit: Sorry for that some of the pictures are larger than others, I don't know if there is an easy way to resize a jpg in BBcode for the ones which were included only as img links in their original threads?

Edited by Gideon

It would appear the DeSSert King (Send him here, and I'll make a banana split out of his mummy **s :tongue: ) is having the upper hand on the battlefield!

Should this development continue, Ulandus and the High Council may need to set aside their differences and rally against the despot!

However, the High Council shall not give up! For the Republic! For the People!

Thanks very much Gideon!

I am quite amazed by the quality and speed of building now in GoH, even for these flash contests. Some of these entries are worthy of winning a full challenge, and 32x32 is what we used for book 1. It's probably a bit intimidating for people with smaller collections or cheaper cameras. I hope we see more smaller challenges as they have lower barriers to entry and are more accessible for newcomers.

Disco, it looks like you may win this one, D7 is already under attack, if you want to call a new space, please do so. Second place right now is MassEditor, which I don't think he called anything at all.

It would be cool, to have a map with the actual zones. With all the yellow zones I can't really see where to go.

Deleted

Edited by robuko

Hey Ska, sorry about that - meant to edit my post and put H12 as my pick.

Congrats everyone who entered this awesome minichallenge, some of my favorite Ch.4 builds yet were in this round.

It would be cool, to have a map with the actual zones. With all the yellow zones I can't really see where to go.

I am not following here, do you mean what factions currently control without the yellow? As in a second map that shows current standing to supplement the current map? I suppose I could do that next round, but then people looking at the maps and not paying attention may still call the yellow zones as their next target in their posts. :sceptic:

I think the way I thought of it was that when a territory goes to yellow, it no longer belongs to someone, but I can see why that is confusing, especially with un-countered GAs

I found a solution to get my information, so stay with the yellowed map to avoid missunderstandings. :wink:

Winner: DK

WInners:

HC: 1st Gideon 2nd) Jakorin 3rd) Maxim 4th) Littlejohn 5th) Mccoyed

U: 1) Kai 2)Elostirion 3)Garmadon 4)Andrew Spader

DK: 1)Disco86 2) MassEditor 3) Emma 4)Jacob Nion 5) Robuko

Next Zone: C4