Nice work. :thumbup: The colors remind me more of the Windows logo than of a rock band, but... :laugh: Are those 3L bars for drumsticks?

Maybe another Rebel character. Lando? :tongue:

It's a singer.

Obviously, that means it should be Threepio. :tongue:

Nice work. :thumbup: The colors remind me more of the Windows logo than of a rock band, but... :laugh: Are those 3L bars for drumsticks?

It's a singer.

What about Leia as the singer?

:laugh: I was actually contemplating whether to suggest C3PO or Lando (Lando won). Great minds think (almost) alike I guess. :tongue:

I think it fits in here just fine. It's not a joke per se, and photography can be humorous too, as many members have proven in this thread.

Nice shot, although I definitely agree that it should be Leia on the mic. Even though that would bring up horrible, horrible memories. :laugh:

And I do hope those lightsabers are fake, or otherwise Luke wont be able to play his drum set for very long. :tongue:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, everyone! I really don't have a lot of "fleshie" heads that have their mouth open to make it look like that they were actually singing, so that's why I made the decision to make the singer character be someone that has a helmet so it is just assumed they were "singing" inside their helmet. It was actually more of a "do I use Vader or a Stormie" for this shot, and I eventually went with the Stormtrooper because I found that the white uniform looked better against the red background. The C-3PO suggestion is great, though. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

As for Brickdoctor's comment that the color scheme reminded him of the Windows colors: Great catch, and I honestly did not even catch that until much later after I have already posted the pic on Flickr! I really wanted the Stormie vocalist to be on the upper left corner, and since both him and Chewie had their instruments positioned at the same angle, I thought that it would be best if Chewie be placed diagonally from the Stormtrooper. Han and Luke could have gone either way, and it was just pure coincidence that the end product turned out the way it did. (A really neat coincidence, I must add.)

Thanks again, everyone!

Yeah thats a great shot pong- some nice crisp photography, and funny too :classic:

Definatly right at home in this thread :thumbup:

I decided to add a bit since its been awhile. Some stormtrooper shots, and I just got the tie yesterday and really like the death star trooper.

6960248205_8a725572e9_z.jpg

6814135178_21cc630b5a_z.jpg

6960247751_a1dc70eec1_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated.

I decided to add a bit since its been awhile. Some stormtrooper shots, and I just got the tie yesterday and really like the death star trooper.

6960248205_8a725572e9_z.jpg

Oh man, I love that bottom left picture. :wub:

*Snip*

I love the dark atmosphere of the Stormtrooper shots, and love the posing on the second and forth boxes.

Yeah some really nice atmosphere on the Stormtrooper shots Darth Yogi :thumbup:

Here's one from me-

6961951867_15b8f7ab67_z.jpg

Vader by smokebelch, on Flickr

No real editing done on this- the Lightsaber is being lit up by the old Light-Up lightsaber Darth who is hanging off the end just out of shot! :laugh:

Did try this method to light up the sabers in my Lego Star Wars shot- unfortunatly couldn't get luke's to show up, and looked a bit weird with just Darth's glowing, so thought I'd save it for another shot :wink:

Edited by smokebelch

A WIP update for my Cloud City MOC, also my first attempt at using my new Canon 550d :wub: in low-light:

Han looking a little worried:

1.jpg

C & C welcome :classic: Cheers, Robin

Edited by Lobot

A WIP update for my Cloud City MOC, also my first attempt at using my new Canon 550d :wub: in low-light:

Han looking a little worried:

+Snip+

C & C welcome :classic: Cheers, Robin

:wub: I love it. I also love how you position 3PO and Chewie :laugh:.

Wonderful shot Lobot :thumbup:

The lighting is perfect- really feels like the scene from Empire!

One more from me- Im still playing round with the Death Star, and tweaked the last mini TIE with grey and the cockpit piece from the new Interceptor.

6963039697_bb9e6c1deb_z.jpg

TIE Fighter by smokebelch, on Flickr

Wow smokebelch, great use of the cockpit. And another amazing shot! :wub: I've been enjoying seeing everyone's shots in here lately.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

^^^ Nice shots- like the use of colour & B&W :thumbup:

Wow smokebelch, great use of the cockpit. And another amazing shot! :wub: I've been enjoying seeing everyone's shots in here lately.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, and cheers for the blog post- I've edited another version thats much better suited if anyone wanted to use it as wallpaper :wink:

6817872828_9238e09f19_z.jpg

That's no moon! by smokebelch, on Flickr

You can get a higher res image from my flickr page :thumbup:

EDIT; Slightly brightened the shot.

Edited by smokebelch

^^^ Nice shots- like the use of colour & B&W :thumbup:

Thanks, and cheers for the blog post- I've edited another version thats much better suited if anyone wanted to use it as wallpaper :wink:

6817872828_b7bb0f3380_z.jpg

TIE Fighter by smokebelch, on Flickr

You can get a higher res image from my flickr page :thumbup:

Smoke belch, I did the same thing with my tie fighter haha. One thing that I would tweak, is get some secondary lighting to edge light the rear wing of the Tie fighter. The image is rather dark and the wing gets lost in the background.

Yeah some really nice atmosphere on the Stormtrooper shots Darth Yogi :thumbup:

Here's one from me-

No real editing done on this- the Lightsaber is being lit up by the old Light-Up lightsaber Darth who is hanging off the end just out of shot! :laugh:

Did try this method to light up the sabers in my Lego Star Wars shot- unfortunatly couldn't get luke's to show up, and looked a bit weird with just Darth's glowing, so thought I'd save it for another shot :wink:

Here is my Luke. (old pic) I cheated and drilled a hole in the hilt and used a fiber optic cable attached to a flashlight (torch for you UK people).

180245_10150148885320337_681270336_7693546_1004380_n.jpg

Here is my tiefighter, I took this on Feb 17.

430548_10150699034395337_681270336_11013843_104127645_n.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Smoke belch, I did the same thing with my tie fighter haha. One thing that I would tweak, is get some secondary lighting to edge light the rear wing of the Tie fighter. The image is rather dark and the wing gets lost in the background.

Yeah the old TIE mini looks so much better in grey- haha and swapping the cockpit over was the first thing I did when I got the interceptor set :wink:

Really need to pick up another from Bricklink at some point.

Know what you mean about the back wing, did have a play round with moving the lighting around to get more of the tie to show up- trouble with the back side of the wing being all black against a black background :laugh:

Good idea with the lightsaber- will have to give that a try at some point :thumbup:

Yeah the old TIE mini looks so much better in grey- haha and swapping the cockpit over was the first thing I did when I got the interceptor set :wink:

Really need to pick up another from Bricklink at some point.

Know what you mean about the back wing, did have a play round with moving the lighting around to get more of the tie to show up- trouble with the back side of the wing being all black against a black background :laugh:

Good idea with the lightsaber- will have to give that a try at some point :thumbup:

are you using your same method of lighting? i.e. iphone/ipod screen? You can use a flashlight and bounce the light off an index card, or use another iphone/ipod screen. That might help.

6814135178_21cc630b5a_z.jpg

Hey Darth Yogi, who makes that stormtrooper gun? Brickarms? or someone else?

Edited by Solscud007

Hey Darth Yogi, who makes that stormtrooper gun? Brickarms? or someone else?

Yes it is a Brickarms prototype.

Had a small re-edit to brighten up the TIE a piece- Still a bit dark, but to be honest I like the darkness of the picture, there is a bit more definition to the back wing, but its always gonna look different on different monitor set-ups.

6817872828_9238e09f19_z.jpg

That's no moon! by smokebelch, on Flickr

And a quick TIE Pilot shot, as he was hanging round whilst I was taking the TIE Fighter photos the other night :laugh:

6965341443_e4eb38c91f_z.jpg

The Empires Finest by smokebelch, on Flickr

Edited by smokebelch