1291163357m_SPLASH.jpg

I'm sure I saw someone pull-off this shot in minifig form before in mocpages (?) (just can't find it right now), but I'd certainly love to see smoke's take on this! :sweet:

I'm sure I saw someone pull-off this shot in minifig form before in mocpages (?) (just can't find it right now), but I'd certainly love to see smoke's take on this! :sweet:

Yeah im sure I've seen a version somewhere too. Been having a play round this morning setting the shot up.

Done a couple of test shots, and looking ok- kinda hard getting the figs in a decent position so you can see them all. Will need to wait for darkness now so I can get some shots done- bit frustrating as Im ready to go :laugh: Unfortunatly the 'blackout' curtains we bought for the bedroom do nothing of the sort! Hopefully be back tomorrow with the results....

Yeah, me too! Smokebelch, do you think you could recreate that logo with the new fleshie figs? That would be really cool! :sweet:

1291163357m_SPLASH.jpg

Here we go :wink:

6951844367_b3e481a734_z.jpg

LSW by smokebelch, on Flickr

Had a bit of a play round with a starry background for this one too, think it turned out ok. I havn't slavishly stuck to the exact positiong of the original image- mostly cause as they are cartoons it'd be impossible! :laugh: and also wanted a bit of a 'smokebelch' stamp on it :tongue:

Also had to remove Darth's cloak as it covered up the stormie too much- and had to cheat a bit with artoo...

Hope you guys like it :sweet:

You put it in a format that is desktop friendly, awesome! By PC was sorely lacking in bricky wallpapers.

:wub_drool: That really is amazing! So accurate to the original image!

Any chance you'll do the image for the prequel sets when the new Amidala comes out?

7121_box_art.jpg

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Sah-weet! This is awesome, smoke! I wasn't expecting it so soon! New wallpaper, here it comes! :laugh:

Unreal, smokebelch. :thumbup: I didn't think anything would replace the Imperial groupshot as my desktop for a long time. Guess I was wrong. :grin:

Now that is how a Lego Star Wars logo is suppose to look like!

Amazing job, smokebelch!

Wow thanks everyone!

Haha thats definatly gotta be the most popular of all my shots :laugh: Glad its gracing so my desktops- went for a 16/9 ratio especially :wink:

EDIT: And just to visualize my reaction, featuring (ironically) my less-than-stellar photography skills:

6806140312_71b9b94e34_z.jpg

Frozen in Awe by Kiel.Da.Man on flickr

^^^ Haha thats awesome! :laugh:

Very good indeed, smoke! Great job, and very deserving to be your 1000th photo! I wish the lightsabers would stick out more, but other than that it's perfect! :thumbup: I agree with Flitwick that it would be amazing if you could do the Phantom Menace logo as well once you get Amidala! :sweet:

That's awesome, smokebelch. Old-fashioned me would've preferred yellow minifigs, but it's still awesome. :wub_drool:

As far as desktops, I think I prefer the Death Star Rising shot. It's darker, less colorful, and less distracting. (it's also all-black in that top-right corner where my files appear by default)

Cheers Oky & Brickdoctor :classic:

Very good indeed, smoke! Great job! I wish the lightsabers would stick out more, but other than that it's perfect! :thumbup: I agree with Flitwick that it would be amazing if you could do the Phantom Menace logo as well once you get Amidala! :sweet:

Yeah the sabers bug me- that was the main thing I was trying to get 'lit-up', was a pay off with getting the figures and the death star lit and some light through the lightsabers. Trouble with my one source lighting :wink:

Did have a bit of a play round with them when I was adding the stars, but just couldn't get them looking good- Im really not all that good at 'photoshopping', always looks really fake.

Unfortunatly really not a fan of the prequel trilogy and don't own any of the figures- so alas will not be doing that logo. Im sure one of the other great photographers on here will be able to give it a shot though :thumbup:

LEGO Star Wars Rock Band

6953412659_c206ce56ee.jpg

View on Flickr

(Not really sure whether this should go on "single pane funnies" or this thread, though!)

Edited by pong0814

I think it should.

Should go on "single pane funnies", or should stay on this thread? I just got more confused! :tongue: (If this belongs to the other thread, I'll just delete the original post so I'm not posting the same thing on multiple threads.)

Great shot Smokey of an iconic "scene" so to speak. I really like the stars.

Should go on "single pane funnies", or should stay on this thread? I just got more confused! :tongue: (If this belongs to the other thread, I'll just delete the original post so I'm not posting the same thing on multiple threads.)

It stays here IMO. I like your shot, but the Stormie seems the odd one out. Maybe another Rebel character. Lando? :tongue:

(Not really sure whether this should go on "single pane funnies" or this thread, though!)

I think it should.

It stays here IMO.

Just to rest this case, I'll let it stay here. :classic:

Great shots BTW pong! I love the both the concept and quality of the images! :thumbup: