Nice shots, Admiral Ron! I see your Rebel Commandos are patrolling the all-important artificial Christmas plant. :laugh:

Nice shots, Admiral Ron! I see your Rebel Commandos are patrolling the all-important artificial Christmas plant. :laugh:

I noticed that too. :laugh: The empire is invading your christmas tree it seems.

Nice shots Gen. Magma and Admiral Ron! Keep it up!

CF

I noticed that too. :laugh: The empire is invading your christmas tree it seems.

Nice shots Gen. Magma and Admiral Ron! Keep it up!

CF

Dont make fun of our fake tree :tongue: Our family gets Bronchitis every year :laugh: Thanks for the comments everyone!

Time for another batch of shots I took today.

This time, they're Endor shots - they weren't taken outdoor, however, since there's still snow outside.

Thanks to the potted plants, I was still able to do some Endor pics. The first one is my personal favorite.

Biker Scout

5246678094_38ef4d4930.jpg

Biker Scout by General Magma, on Flickr

The Hidden Rebel

5246075453_18de4fc12d.jpg

The Hidden Rebel by General Magma, on Flickr

Endor Rebel Trooper

5246075255_bebe6e04c3.jpg

Endor Rebel Trooper by General Magma, on Flickr

Rebel Commando

5246074709_fba7ddcc72.jpg

Rebel Commando by General Magma, on Flickr

High Above The Treetops

5246074943_80d995e108.jpg

High Above The Treetops by General Magma, on Flickr

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Nice shots General! Looks like home plants are now being extensively used as Endor photo settings recently. At least you used real plants. (Just kidding Admiral! :tongue:)

But why does the Biker scout has black legs?

Nice shots General! Looks like home plants are now being extensively used as Endor photo settings recently. At least you used real plants. (Just kidding Admiral! :tongue:)

But why does the Biker scout has black legs?

Thanks,

I switched the legs and hips for both of my Biker scouts, since it looked much better (to me), and is more accurate.

As you can see here, the hips should be white and the legs black (regardless of the boots, which they rarely add anyways):

ScoutTrooper.jpg

By the way, does anybody notice something in my biker scout pic, from my previous post? :tongue:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Thanks,

I switched the legs and hips for both of my Biker scouts, since it looked much better (to me), and is more accurate.

As you can see here, the hips should be white and the legs black (regardless of the boots, which they rarely add anyways):

*snip*

By the way, does anybody notice something in my biker scout pic, from my previous post? :tongue:

~ General Magma

Great shots :thumbup:. Im not sure about the change with the scouts legs it looks silly to me :wacko:.

Do you mean the metal clips in the first pic?

Thanks, CB

Great shots :thumbup:. Im not sure about the change with the scouts legs it looks silly to me :wacko:.

Do you mean the metal clips in the first pic?

Thanks, CB

Thanks. :classic:

I actually like the legs much better this way, it's more accurate too, if you look at the picture of the "real" thing I posted.

And no, I didn't mean the metal clips: I meant the very small snail you can see to the left of the trooper's feet, on the rotting logs. Somewhat minifig scaled, but then it'd be a larger snail-like creature native to Endor.. :tongue:

I only just noticed that it was there when I was uploading the pics to Flickr. (It's more visible if you watch the largest size available on Flickr.)

EDIT: Bonus pic for today!

Wicket W. Warrick

5246778211_6f1a5c1017.jpg

Wicket W. Warrick by General Magma, on Flickr

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Dont make fun of our fake tree :tongue: Our family gets Bronchitis every year :laugh: Thanks for the comments everyone!

No worries, I have a fake one, too. :grin:

Nice shots, General Magma!

Thanks all. :classic:

Today, I tried something new. Perhaps I'll have some more shots up later today, but I wanted to share this one for now:

On the run

5248981678_bf6ce81832.jpg

On the run by General Magma, on Flickr

Imperial Logbook #01: On the run

"We've encountered quite much of a problem today...

While patrolling the woods of Endor, some kind of a hairy beast suddenly jumped out of the bushes, and ripped apart one of our comrades, Bob XIV.

We had to escape as fast as we could, else the other two of us would have become food for the hairy thing, too."

R.I.P. Bob XIV

~ General Magma

Nice picture - though I think you've got a little too much "shine" in the Stormies helmets and leaves.

Also I think you should have placed the arm-less stormie at a different angle to hide the arm sockets.

A vast improvement though - compared to your early work.

You're getting better with each picture.

Nice picture - though I think you've got a little too much "shine" in the Stormies helmets and leaves.

Also I think you should have placed the arm-less stormie at a different angle to hide the arm sockets.

A vast improvement though - compared to your early work.

You're getting better with each picture.

Thanks. I might re-do the picture later on, improving those factors.

If there'll be more snow coming, I might have another try at a Hoth tauntaun shot, with

somewhat of a snowstorm effect.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Real snow is very difficult to actually use.

Some people go for real fine sugar - you can make it using a blender and sugar if you haven't got any.

Some even use an aquarium for snowy shots.

It's been discussed somewhere in this topic - perhaps someone with a better memory or knowledge can explain it better than me :blush:

Nice new shots Gen. Magma! :thumbup:

'On the run' is really good, but I agree with Kim, the trooper would look better if he didn't have the arm sockets showing.

But apart from that, nice work on all of them!

CF

Real snow is very difficult to actually use.

Some people go for real fine sugar - you can make it using a blender and sugar if you haven't got any.

Some even use an aquarium for snowy shots.

It's been discussed somewhere in this topic - perhaps someone with a better memory or knowledge can explain it better than me :blush:

Yeah real snow can be quite tricky- its usually quite fine and 'fluffy' so difficult to stand a minifig on it and still keep a sense of scale. Managed to get a couple of good shots a couple of years ago with real snow- but was tricky (and cold!)

- here's mine from back at the begining of the thread-

3250680999_6b9a228199_z.jpg

Snowtrooper by smokebelch, on Flickr

^was hard keeping him from dissapearing alltogether!

I've used various stuff for snow for indoor shots- icing sugar's good, as is flour. Whatever we have spare in the cupboard really :laugh:

4293258725_a567196157_z.jpg

Snow Troopers by smokebelch, on Flickr

^ icing sugar- much easier to use :wink:

The real master of Lego Snow shots is Avanaut- check out his set of Hoth shots on flickr- truly wonderful stuff!

Edited by smokebelch

As an option to house hold ingredients or the real thing, you can buy fake snow which is a polymer powder used for absorption purposes. When dry it looks like almost any other white powder, but when wet it expands into a peculiar gel. Apparently it's used in nappies and to keep soil moist for plants, amongst other things. making fake snow

You can also buy it in small tubs, which go a really long way. A small 45g tub of it can fill a large container with plenty of fake snow. And it's reusable, as when it dries out it turns back into powder.

fakesnow.jpg

EDIT: I don't think the resizing worked too well. Soz :blush:

Edited by afosl

New flickr pool member Artamir shares some awesome LEGO Star Wars Photographs:

5251828485_9af273ee1f_z.jpg

Amazing.

Hopefully he'll swing by and explain how and what he did.

Sorry guys for not being around lately, but just found the time to shoot 2 new ones and upload them on flickr. Rushed through the thread now and I have to say: some great new shots! Love the loads of "snow" action! Hard job to take shots with real snow. It's cold and tricky.

Here my newest 2 shots (which are some days old):

Canteen-Rush

12:00... on a Death-Star with thousands of troopers one minute late can be an extra hour in the queue...

Just some long-exposure experiment... getting to know my new cam...

5191683783_28941b4499.jpg

Canteen-Rush by legofenris, on Flickr

Beasts of Hoth

Shoveling snow on Vaders TIE-parking seemed to be a good job on Hoth... till the day the rebels discovered Vaders secret ski-resort... real snow on my balkony :-)

5231050145_6db5b99676.jpg

Beasts of Hoth by legofenris, on Flickr

Edited by fenris

Very effective use of the motion blur effect on the first photo fenris, simply perfect for the "Canteen Rush" description. Great job as always! :thumbup: