darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

One of the games - if they make a Harry Potter game, why not SW?

And still: Eta-2 new version and something EU, perhaps a set with Mara Jade.. would be lovely...

Not sure TLG should keep SW around just because new kids/collectors missed them.

I think some of the point is lost here. Will a new 'Classic Space" line bring in the revenue that the Star Wars line is now? If the answer is yes, then TLG might want to do stop the Star Wars line to help keep the fans moving from line to line. But if the answer is no, then the truth is, TLG should keep the Star Wars line alive until sales show it has run it's course. Not because someone missed a set but because they drive sales.

I guess what I would like to know is what % of their sales is to AFOL and what is still kid driven. What % of their revenue is driven by the various lines. That would be some interesting numbers to add to the conversation I would guess. :classic:

In any case, the truth is, as long as they keep makeing LEGO blocks I will keep buying them. :laugh:

The last figure i remember was that Fans of lego make up about 25% of the total profit and 75% is the kids. So basically all the signs are showing that it would be HIGHLY unlikely for TLG to end the line. IF they released a space line INSTEAD of the star wars one, i think about 15-20% of the fans would continue to buy it (which is good) but only 20-25% of the kids would (which is awful). They are also about to release another lego star wars game, which means kids will want to buy sets so that they can get the sets etc. On the other hand this is just a guess and maybe the lego group are no longer interested in money..... :laugh:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Your forgetting, they are also doing TFU2 which is bound to get a set, maybe even the old republic might get a set, not to mention at some point they will be releasing a live action tv series set between 3 and 4 which is bound to get sets.

Anyone think this hairpiece would be good for Ep4 Luke instead of the girl hair he's been using?

8684-15.jpg

One of the games - if they make a Harry Potter game, why not SW?

And still: Eta-2 new version and something EU, perhaps a set with Mara Jade.. would be lovely...

The Jade Shadow would make a very nice set, IMO.

Anyone think this hairpiece would be good for Ep4 Luke instead of the girl hair he's been using?

8684-15.jpg

It could be better. We just need to actually see how that blond emo hair would look like on Ep.4 Luke. Maybe someone here can do and show it?

We have to get a new system Falcon

How about Gold 5 with Lando, Han and Nien Numb?

We also need an Outrider, that would be such a dream set

We also need a rebel medium transport - could get an interesting interior for that

We need a Hoth Ion Cannon set and/or a Hoth Generator set.

I also like the idea of the Outrider for a new expanded universe set. There was a beautiful alternate build done with the Midi Falcon that I saw on Flickr.

X-wing could be improved

I'd love to see them release the Yavin 4 base set they have displayed in the SW Lego Visual Encyclopedia

How about the Owen Lars Tatooine homestead set complete with skeletons?

We need a Hoth Ion Cannon set and/or a Hoth Generator set.

I second this - they would be well-received, especially with all the recent Hoth sets. They'd be kinda boring by themselves, but could be spiced up with an AT-ST and some troops.

I'd also like to see a UCS Slave I, although it's somewhat unfortunate they've already saturated the line with four different versions of that ship at minifig scale. (I'm sure this one's already been mentioned, and if so, then I second it :classic:).

Also, what about a droid control ship? Probably UCS, but they could to it off-scale and put some minifigs with it, like they did with the Tantive and Star Destroyer.

Edited by Blackicep8ntball

Since they are improving a lot on the OT/PT minifigs, I would love to see sets with

- Anakin (the Episode III fighter)

- Padme (with the PoP hairpiece and the silver Yacht)

- Obi-Wan

- Mace Windu

Also some other Jedi are desperately needed and I don't want to wait for their appearance in the CW nor do I want those versions. Bad enough Ayla is very CloneWarsy.

We need

- Ki-Adi-Mundi

- Agen kolar

- Saesee Tin

- Shaak Ti

at least. Make a Jedi temple, TLC, but not from the CW please. It could be a 2000 pieces set for 200 Euro. Throw in some clones, a small RAG (like Vaders Tie from the Death Star) and basta! That's it. We will buy it!

Maybe even one of those huge frigates from ROTJ during the second battle of the death star.

Edited by Ritz Brick

- Padme (with the PoP hairpiece and the silver Yacht)

Even though we won't get it, don't you mean chrome yacht?

I have thought of a few new set ideas. I'm not to big on the CW series, so sume OT and PT sets would be nice.

The first is from Ep. III, Bail Organas XJ-2 Airspeeder. Includes Bail Organa and Yoda (from one of the last scenes after Yoda fails to beat Palpatine)

vehicule-airspeeder-xj-2-6317.jpg

Might be difficult, but im sure lego can pull it off.

Next one is the Lars Homestead from Ep. IV. Includes Luke (ugh another one), Lars and Beru.

lars%20cap.jpg

Another Ep. IV Set, Tusken Ambush (might be to much like Lukes Landspeeder set buttt) Includes Luke, C3P0, 3 tuskens, Bantha and a sand red version of the speeder (why does TLC make it tan)

Three Ep. VI sets

Ewok Battlepack with a black ewok, 2 brown ones and a tan one with spears and bows and a catapult.

Imperials Battle pack with 2 scout troopers and 2 stormtroopers (maybe some ohter kind of figs) and 2 speeder bikes

The last one, is in Ep. V and VI, probably be an UCS

Alliance Medical Frigate

NebulonBFrig.jpg

a sand red version of the speeder (why does TLC make it tan)

Because tan is cheaper and the kids the set is marketed to probably won't notice the difference.

After seeing the Republic Commandos that are going to have a small part in the Clone Wars season 3, my obvious desire would be to have these troops included in a future set. Links to images:

http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?image=http://www.theforce.net/2010/cvtcwevolution3.jpg

http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?image=http://www.theforce.net/2010/cvtcwevolution4.jpg

The helmets look so sweet...

Edited by djmangunz

I'd like to see this ship beeing released by LEGO.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090310041347/starwars/images/6/66/RepublicC70Frigate-TCW.jpg

I think its an awesome ship with a nice look and armament.

They actually have released that set in the past, albiet a slightly different colour scheme.

7665-1.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing another released, but it's very similar to the Tantive IV. Don't see it happening for a while.

The first is from Ep. III, Bail Organas XJ-2 Airspeeder. Includes Bail Organa and Yoda (from one of the last scenes after Yoda fails to beat Palpatine)

vehicule-airspeeder-xj-2-6317.jpg

Might be difficult, but im sure lego can pull it off.

Next one is the Lars Homestead from Ep. IV. Includes Luke (ugh another one), Lars and Beru.

lars%20cap.jpg

I want these too. A speeder will be cool, but it doesn't need to be Bail Organa's. Just any random speeders would do.

I think a UCS Mon Calamari Star Cruiser (similar physical size to the UCS Star Destroyer) would look great.

Yes, please to a Hoth ion cannon ! :wink:

How about something PT....like a Pod-racer in UCS ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: