darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I agree. I'd love to have a full squadron of A wings to sit next to my squadron of T-47s on stands.

I see from time to time people wishing for things like a UCS Ghost and Phantom. While I agree that these would be awesome it seems to me that TLG stays close to the OT for UCS sets. I think this is due to AFOL's being much more fond of the OT than the other variants. Just some random thoughts...

I see from time to time people wishing for things like a UCS Ghost and Phantom. While I agree that these would be awesome it seems to me that TLG stays close to the OT for UCS sets. I think this is due to AFOL's being much more fond of the OT than the other variants. Just some random thoughts...

Now the AFOLs were mostly raised with the OT. But in 10-15 year it will shift to the AFOLs raised with the PT and then even later those who were raised with the ST.

But according to me the X-Wing and the Falcon ect. will still be all time favorites and they will still get more attention then any other ships.

No doubt I'm not the only to mention this on here, but I would like to see some Rebels Season 2 based sets. Likes of:

- Blue (Phoenix Squadron) A-Wing Starfighter - 1 A-wing Pilot, Rebels based Female Technician

- Sentinel Class Shuttle - S2 based Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Hera, Zeb, Minister Tua, Darth Vader, 2 StormTroopers

- Rebels based Tie Fighter - Imperial Tie Pilot, Imperial R4 Astromech Droid, Imperial Officer, Imperial Crewman

- Midi Scale Imperial Light Cruiser

Plus a few other sets too from Rebels S2

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

I can't wait to get Ahsoka Tano / Fulcrum in some future Rebels set :) I want a minifig of her, but without those huge CW eyes...

It seems pretty obvious that TLG would include her,but you never know...

Edited by Vodnik

Maybe someone else alreadey mentioned, but I would like to see an UCS Tie-Bomber. It would fit to the other UCS Ties....

Edited by Th3_ES

This may sound really stupid but I want a UCS Darth Vader Helmet. I don't know how they would do it or how good it would look with the parts at hand but I want it. :laugh:

I've just caught up on Rebels and I realised how much the first lot of sets covers. Unlike TCW, keeping the plot central to Lothal has helped keep the number of characters and ships down to a more manageable amount.

Here are a few ideas I think would be cool. I've only added characters which haven't appeared in the sets yet, so the six rebels, Kallas and imperials can be scattered in amongst the sets where relevant.

Imperial Landing Craft (Yogar Liste, Maketh Tua, Dark Suited AT-DP Pilot, Cadets)

Vizago's Freighter and Camp (Vizago, Asmorgian, Vizago's Droid, Lando, W1-LE)

Imperial Communications Ship (Kassius Konstantine, Gall Trayvis, 264)

Phoenix One (Jun Sato, Ahsoka, Rebel Soldiers)

Phoenix Squadron (Phoenix Squadron Pilot)

Rebel's Tie Fighter (Valon Rudor)

Kanan and Sabine's Speeders

There are also a couple of civilian speeders (V-35 and RGC-18) and the Star Commuter shuttle, which are probably of very little interest, but the two civilian speeders could be used to bulk up a set. Old Jho, Tseebo and Morad Sumar are probably the most interesting civilians, but Tskolo, Yoffar, Marida Sumar and Amda Wabo would be neat as well, meaning we get a Gotal and Aqualish mold.

I'm really looking forward to more Rebels sets, I was just going to get the AT-DP, but now I think I'll get them all, except maybe the Wookiee ship :)

Part of me hopes that if we do get a new TIE Advanced set next year it is based off the OT rather than Rebels, if only so it can come with updated versions of Grand Moff Tarkin and Classic Leia. Really felt like a missed opportunity not including both in the last Star Destroyer.

Part of me hopes that if we do get a new TIE Advanced set next year it is based off the OT rather than Rebels.

Yes,i hope for that too.Darth Vader TIE Advance needs a update because TLC never make any Darth Vader Tie Advance since 2008.It will be nice to see! :thumbup:

Please TLC,make it happen!

The TIE Bomber and Interceptor are overdue for updates too, especially now that they've perfected the TIE design with the Inquisitor's fighter. I'd love to see all the OT TIE variants redone in that style.

I'm still holding out for an updated Bounty Hunter Pursuit set. We're going to be seeing a lot less prequel sets over the coming years, but I still hope we can at least see this one squeezed into the lineup somewhere next year even if its a retailer exclusive.

And of course... Cloud City and the Cloud Car. I still think they should be two seperate releases to cover the maximum number of characters (including both versions of Leia) but the upcoming release of Echo Base might put this one on hold for a couple years. :sceptic:

There should definitely be a bigger focus on location-based sets though. Yavin IV, Theed Palace, Geonosian Arena, Dagobah... there's so much potential there.

Part of me hopes that if we do get a new TIE Advanced set next year it is based off the OT rather than Rebels, if only so it can come with updated versions of Grand Moff Tarkin and Classic Leia. Really felt like a missed opportunity not including both in the last Star Destroyer.

I'd love to see an OT TIE Advanced.

Still, I think it's unlikely we'll get one in the winter wave.

The TIE Adcanced prototype was released less than 7 months ago, and in september we'll get the new TIE Fighter from TFA.

Having 3 different TIE's at the same time is something TLG doesn't want. Maybe when the TIE Advanced prototype retires?

The TIE Bomber and Interceptor are overdue for updates too, especially now that they've perfected the TIE design with the Inquisitor's fighter. I'd love to see all the OT TIE variants redone in that style.

I'm still holding out for an updated Bounty Hunter Pursuit set. We're going to be seeing a lot less prequel sets over the coming years, but I still hope we can at least see this one squeezed into the lineup somewhere next year even if its a retailer exclusive.

And of course... Cloud City and the Cloud Car. I still think they should be two seperate releases to cover the maximum number of characters (including both versions of Leia) but the upcoming release of Echo Base might put this one on hold for a couple years. :sceptic:

There should definitely be a bigger focus on location-based sets though. Yavin IV, Theed Palace, Geonosian Arena, Dagobah... there's so much potential there.

I would love more TIE variants, a new bounty hunter pursuit, cloud city, and Yavin IV. We need these sets more than another sith infiltrator.

I'd like to see more building sets, such as the Hoth Base or Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Ships and the like are all well and dandy but a base or two would be nice.

Maybe bits and pieces from Rebels such as the Tie bases in Lothal, the Republic asteroid base etc?

Jim

I find that when I'm thinking of new sets, I always end up back with ideas for A New Hope. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

X-Wing Starfighter: An update to match the size of Poe's ship. Minifigs could be Luke, Biggs, a new astromech and a Rebel ground crew.

TIE Fighter: Again, an update to go along with the upcoming TFA TIE. Minifigs include TIE Pilot, Imperial Officer, and two Imperial Navy Troopers.

Darth Vader's TIEx Advanced: Haven't had a new one of these since 2009. Due for an update. Minifigs include Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin and Ben Kenobi (with hood).

Yavin 4 Base: Could be a building set based on two of the main rooms - the command centre and the ceremony hall. Perhaps even have part of the command centre over top a hangar and use some ideas from the 2009 Home One set. Minfigs include Princess Leia in ceremony gown, General Dodonna, Luke in ceremony outfit, Han in ceremony outfit (medals would be separate pieces like the ones from the CMF series), x1 Rebel Trooper, x1 Rebel crew.

Blockade Runner: A sturdy update from the old one, with a carrying handle and more of an interior if possible. Minifigs include Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, x2 Rebel Trooper, x2 Stormtrooper.

Lars Homestead: Simple set, perhaps done similarly to the Mos Eisley Cantina. Minifigs include Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, x1 Jawa, Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 with back canister printing and a little holographic Leia.

Edited by Fives

Now that we know Bespin is coming next year I hope we see a collection of sets like Jabba's Palace.

Carbon Freezing Chamber

Areas include the freezing chamber, room with the breakable window and gantry

Minifigures include Luke, Vader, Han in white shirt and Carbonite Block

Cloud City

Areas include the dining room, torture room, trash room and landing platform

Minifigures include Bespin Han, Bespin Leia, Lando, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Ugnaught, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper

Twin Pod Cloud Car

Includes Cloud Car Pilot, Bespin Guard, Lobot and Bespin Escape Leia

I find that when I'm thinking of new sets, I always end up back with ideas for A New Hope. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

X-Wing Starfighter: An update to match the size of Poe's ship. Minifigs could be Luke, Biggs, a new astromech and a Rebel ground crew.

Darth Vader's TIEx Advanced: Haven't had a new one of these since 2009. Due for an update. Minifigs include Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin and Ben Kenobi (with hood)

Yes,we need a new TIE Advance since the 2009 version is already been outdated.

I will also like to see a new X wing.But I would prefer to have a new Wedge Antiles minifigure over a Rebel Ground crew,Because since 6212,we didn't get any Wedge Antiles minifigure anymore,so it will nice to see.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

One of the things I wish TLG would release some day soon is the Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser (or some other larger-than-the-Tantive starship belonging to the rebels), for it to go alongside the Star Destroyer in an epic battle :sweet:

What about a Porkins minifigure haha ;)

A TFA UCS Millennium Falcon would sell VERY well

I am intrigued by the 'pod junker' from TFA, cool 4 engined land transport

Hope we get an updated Rebels AT-AT like the one in this clip about Season's Two, Capt. Rex.

Well, actually those AT-ATs predate the ESB ones :)

Edited by Vodnik

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd post my wishlist here too :sweet:

Even if some of them are unrealistic and I end up only dreaming about most, just thinking about already gets me all excited :wub:

:innocent2:

I would really love to see more Clone Commanders in non-TCW Phase II armor. Particularly:

Cody (which is a possibility with the upcoming Obi-Wan's Starfighter, but I don't wanna get my hopes up)

Bly

Appo

Bacara

Phase 1 would be cool too, as non-TCW, but those exist mainly in fanart and/or bookcovers I believe (I've seen some of Cody, looks awesome!)

I still think it's too bad the TCW-versions came with grey and black (right?) helmet attachments only, and that they never made visors like the one Bly had.

Anyway, moving on..

I really hope we'll get non-TCW 501st clones as well some day. Same with the Clone Shocktrooper armor.

Aside from wanting to expand my prequel trilogy-version of the Clone Army, I think some Jedi that were released with the TCW-line should be made into PT as well:

Aayla Secura

Ki-Adi-Mundi

Shaak Ti

[Edit:]

Holy crap, I forgot!

Clone Commando's would be epic too! Preferably a few plain white (or is it more grey?) ones, but Delta Squad is awesome as well :devil:

Aaaaanndd that's pretty much my wishlist :purrr:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

I've always wondered why we still don't have a decent Dagobah set. When I was a kid played with the Kenner Dagobah more than any other playset (aside from the Falcon). And I think it would make an easy lower-end set for them. I wouldn't expect them to include an x-wing with it, just yoda's tree hut and some terrain. Maybe a dragonsnake to swallow Artoo. Maybe a dark side cave.

I've always wondered why we still don't have a decent Dagobah set. When I was a kid played with the Kenner Dagobah more than any other playset (aside from the Falcon). And I think it would make an easy lower-end set for them. I wouldn't expect them to include an x-wing with it, just yoda's tree hut and some terrain. Maybe a dragonsnake to swallow Artoo. Maybe a dark side cave.

This is an excellent point but a tricky proposition. In the "modern line" (2009ish onwards) Lego is heavily averse to playsets for SW and when they do make one it's always iconic scenes: Final Duel, Palpatine's Arrest, etc. One of the biggest bombs of all time was the Home One playset, remember.

The issue with Dagobah is that I think it's one of the SW locations whose appeal has waned heavily over the years. I think it's perceived by a lot of younger fans as a more boring part of the story - it was definitely one of the crappiest levels in the Lego SW II game, and it hasn't had a real set since that Yoda's Hut with X-Wing a decade ago. There's also the issue of minifigures. A Dagobah set can only have Yoda, Luke, and R2. That limits it sizewise, since you can't have a huge set with so few figures, especially ones who have been available in many cheaper kits now. You can expand the figure count by putting in a ghost Obi-wan, but we don't know if Lego can mold that yet (they seem to be getting closer if Ninjago's translucent pieces are an indicator). You can also spice it up with a Vader, but the set now needs to be $80 because Vader has to be restricted to expensive sets. And what do you put in a set like that? Either another X-wing (yawn) that takes up the majority of the piececount, or just a Yoda's hut, terrain, and a likely lame attempt at a dragonsnake (the thing is never seen in full, so it has no iconic look).