TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

So is there a chance that we could get Minecraft? I would absolutely love it if we did

I always assumed MI was Minecraft. It probably isn't, but it just makes so much sense being in Lego Dimensions.

A Minecraft Adventure World would be very interesting. I'd love to see how they merge the 2 games like they did with Midway. DAMNIT. If this doesn't happen I'm gonna very disapoint. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Edited by Tech Artist

Definitely would like Flintstones. That one secret area isn't enough, I need playable characters! As for Adventure Time, I've never even seen it, so I can't speak for that.

Flintstones would be like The Simpsons for me: most of the fun would come from driving around the hub world but it would be worth it just for that. I love the idea of Fred Flintstone and Homer Simpson being able to meet too.

Brilliant Ideas project by the way. Made me yabba dabba doo!

I don't "get" AT, but I haven't seen it, so I shouldn't pass judgement. However, I loved watching the Flintstones and Jetsons DVD collections when I was younger, so it would be great to see those. If they've teased the Hanna-Barbera properties, it means we'll probably get them soon.

I wonder how they would do it - would the Hannah-Barbera properties all be part of one big hub world - perhaps added to the Scooby Doo one - or would there be separate hubs for each Hannah-Barbera cartoon?

Someone on Reddit is claiming that these are the properties that will be shown off at E3-

Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, A-Team, Goonies, Teen Titans Go and Powerpuff Girls.

Harry Potter: Honestly, I'm shocked this didn't happen in 1.0. It makes perfect sense, especially when magic exists in LEGO Dimensions with Lord of the Rings' inclusion.

Fantastic Beasts: See Harry Potter. Although may or may not have the same appeal as Harry Potter. Time will tell. It always does.

A-Team: This is the biggest surprise to me. Why would you include A-Team? I'm not sure who cares enough to buy A-Team sets. I'll be very annoyed if this is in place of more Doctor Who Dimensions sets (as has been hinted despite there obviously still being a massive demand for LEGO Doctor Who).

Yeah, it's kind of like Doctor Who that way. Honestly, I think you'd like it, though it might take more than a couple episodes to pull you in (then again, episodes are only about 11 or 12 minutes long, so watching several doesn't require a huge time commitment). At any rate, from what I can tell, there's a fairly significant amount of overlap between the two fandoms. Since you're such a huge Whovian, you might want to give this show a try as well.

I might give it a try one day. It just seems strange. Then again, Doctor Who does to many people.

I might give it a try one day. It just seems strange. Then again, Doctor Who does to many people.

Oh, it's definitely strange, no question.

I'm with you on the possibility of including The A-Team but not doing more Doctor Who stuff for the game, BTW. Then again, it seems like they're going for a strategy of hitting as many different themes and franchises as they can, even if with only a small number of playable characters for each, rather than doing a whole bunch of characters for each of the different themes / franchises. Ninjago and DC Comics seem to be the only ones getting really great numbers of playable characters.

(Speaking of which, those hopefully-not-too-limited promo packs for Supergirl and Green Arrow bring the DC playable character count up to 10 - the first franchise to hit double digits, and that's without even counting the apparent Teen Titans GO! packs.)

That said, I'm hopeful there'll be more Doctor Who as "regular", non-Dimensions sets anyway. And I'm hopeful it'll happen - after all, Ghostbusters started with a single Ideas set in 2014, then after more than a year of nothing else is getting all kinds of things now.

I always assumed MI was Minecraft. It probably isn't, but it just makes so much sense being in Lego Dimensions.

Sounds kind of impossible... how could that work? :shrug_confused:

I don't play Dimensions but from what I've seen of Midway Arcade they just go through a 2D map and dodge flying ships. What could this offer? Aren't Minecraft and LEGO Worlds kind of competitors so it'd be kinda weird?

Edited by CM4Sci

Mission Impossible? :laugh:

If we actually end up having a character voiced by Tom Cruise in this game then it could really show that there is no limit to what they're able to do in LEGO Dimensions.

Flintstones would be like The Simpsons for me: most of the fun would come from driving around the hub world but it would be worth it just for that. I love the idea of Fred Flintstone and Homer Simpson being able to meet too.

Brilliant Ideas project by the way. Made me yabba dabba doo!

I wonder how they would do it - would the Hannah-Barbera properties all be part of one big hub world - perhaps added to the Scooby Doo one - or would there be separate hubs for each Hannah-Barbera cartoon?

Harry Potter: Honestly, I'm shocked this didn't happen in 1.0. It makes perfect sense, especially when magic exists in LEGO Dimensions with Lord of the Rings' inclusion.

Fantastic Beasts: See Harry Potter. Although may or may not have the same appeal as Harry Potter. Time will tell. It always does.

A-Team: This is the biggest surprise to me. Why would you include A-Team? I'm not sure who cares enough to buy A-Team sets. I'll be very annoyed if this is in place of more Doctor Who Dimensions sets (as has been hinted despite there obviously still being a massive demand for LEGO Doctor Who).

But I do have to warn you if you are going to start on Adventure Time episodes try to watch one episode at a time. Because it's get very addictive when you watch multiple episodes mainly due to the short length of them anyway. Trust me I'll be there when I started watching Adventure Time continuously I may add. Otherwise is a good show to watch.

EDIT: Crap. This whole post was determined by my thinking that CM4Sci's avatar was Tragic Banjo's. It looks more like Banjo's, doesn't it?

Ignore this please and move along.

Edited by Actor Builder

AmazingBricks and Actor Builder have the same initials. If one was required to abbreviate both of them and put them on a list, one might choose to label them AB 1 and AB 2 by date, respectively, or AB 2 and AB 1 by awesomeness, respectively.

This made my day :) such a good point.

So is there a chance that we could get Minecraft? I would absolutely love it if we did

Given how popular the Minecraft sets are and how we've already had some 'game' franchises such as Midway Arcade and Portal 2, I'd say it's definitely possible.

That said, I'm hopeful there'll be more Doctor Who as "regular", non-Dimensions sets anyway. And I'm hopeful it'll happen - after all, Ghostbusters started with a single Ideas set in 2014, then after more than a year of nothing else is getting all kinds of things now.

Oh, I'm sure it will.

One day he will come back (to LEGO). Yes, he shall come back. Until then there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to him that he is not mistaken in his.

:grin::laugh:

Oh, I'm sure it will.

One day he will come back (to LEGO). Yes, he shall come back. Until then there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to him that he is not mistaken in his.

:grin::laugh:

Wow, just got a major case of the feels :grin:

Edited by Duncan Young

Wow, just got a major case of the feels :grin:

He never returned to Susan... :cry_sad:

(Unless somehow he and Susan both remember meeting each other technically four times over in The Five Doctors).

How far are we off E3? Probably the most likely place for an announcement.

June 14-16... It's a still a bit away :sceptic:

But I hope they give us something soon... Especially with that post!

Was E3 the first time we got news on it last time? Or was it before then? I only remember them showing off Portal but I'm pretty sure we already had a trailer...

Edited by Ashnflash

The actual convention is June 14-16, but stuff will start happening as early as June 12, so we might get some pre-event previews then.

Edited by LegoTFGuy

It is exactly the place for an announcement! :sweet: