TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

If Harry Potter is happening, I think we'll get Dumbledore. Why? I never thought we'd get him again when I had the idea, but the Vitruvius beard would be perfect, as it's tied up in the same way!

I expect we'll get both Dumbledore and Vitruvius at some point.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

What happens if you play as the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz level? Do you essentially fight yourself?

Yeah, it's actually really lame on that aspect.

What happens if you play as the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz level? Do you essentially fight yourself?

Yeah, it's actually really lame on that aspect.

Maybe they should alter it so you actually fight your sister witch, the one that was squashed by the house in the movie. Or make you the sister.

On a related note, has anyone tried playing co-op with the same two characters? I'm curious how they differentiate them.

Maybe they should alter it so you actually fight your sister witch, the one that was squashed by the house in the movie. Or make you the sister.

On a related note, has anyone tried playing co-op with the same two characters? I'm curious how they differentiate them.

It would be funny if they commented on it.

I'm really liking this game (especially the Doctor Who level, can't wait for the Level Pack to come out!) but have one major gripe with it, I have both the Cyber Guard and Portal Turret at model two, yet cannot destroy silver Lego, even though they should be able to, can anyone shed any light on to why that is?

I'm really liking this game (especially the Doctor Who level, can't wait for the Level Pack to come out!) but have one major gripe with it, I have both the Cyber Guard and Portal Turret at model two, yet cannot destroy silver Lego, even though they should be able to, can anyone shed any light on to why that is?

Did you get the update that showed up on screen when you put in the game disc?

What I really want to know is what happens if you plug in two toy pads at once. I assume one just wouldn't work, but do we know for sure? It'd be awesome if it meant you could bring in up to fourteen characters / vehicles / gadgets / whatever...

I blew up the silver bricks at the beginning of the Wizard of Oz level with no problem using Cyber Guard v2. You need to have purchased the spinning missiles though and have them selected as your weapon. It sucks a little bit that if you run out then you can't blow up any more silver bricks, but that's what the TV and Wicked Witch are for.

Yep, that's what I did, still can't blow up the damn things.

Also, did anybody else find the alternate way through the Portal level?

I just have to say that LEGO Dimensions just makes me smile. I just finished the Simpsons level pack add-on and, I'm not even a huge Simpsons fan, but the care and detail was so much fun. Although I have finished the story, I have so much more to do and cannot wait until the Doctor Who expansion pack is released!

I finally managed to blow up some silver bricks!

And is it just me, or do you sumon Laserbeak from Transformers 3 in Once Upon a Time Machine in the West?

I finally saw DImensions in stores today. As usual, TRU is trying to sell everything for more than the suggested price. The Toy Pad/Starter Pack is smaller than I thought it would be. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

I bet we'll see Nexo Knight packs next year as they've done it for other "big bang" themes like Ninjago and Chima.

I could see it too, but I think they'll wait to put them in. They are probably going to wait and see how well they sell. Maybe for 2017. They might not even put them in until the theme ends like Chima.

Edited by amazingbricks

Ran into a freezing glitch twice on the Simpsons story level. Right after you beat Lord Business it freezes in the cut scene. I read this also happened to another person on another forum. On third try the cut scene glitched, but then went through. Kinda annoying, since we thought it might have been a defective disc or something.

So guys is there any other way to blow up silver Lego bricks other than the wicked witch? I'm not too keen on getting her straight away, considering as I've just invested like $350+ into this game to get the ninjago packs, DC comic packs, starter pack, Jurassic world, back to the future, Scooby Doo, Lego movie and Portal. The only other two I'm wanting is Simpsons and wicked witch, but they can wait until Christmas or something for when there's a sale.

I'm also on the final level, although I haven't completed the portal level or gone through and tried the best to get all the minikits, rule breaker status, etc. how cool are the details in this game? Even down to the different hearts depending on the theme. Lego movie hearts for emmett, wyldstyle and benny, DC Hearts for Batman, cyborg and Wonder Woman. Those back to the future hearts are amazing.

The Sentry Striker does, and so does the Cyber Guard, but you have to upgrade them a lot to do it, took me ages to finally be able to do it.

Just got the game, Portal 2 pack and Legolas from TRU. I had a 20% off coupon that I used for the game. It said no video games, but the guy was nice :classic: and let me use it on the Starter Pack. Plus 2 $5 off coupons, and I got 2 $10 Girt card plus $10 in TRU Rewards.( Will use on BTTF, takes 6 hours for the cards to activate :hmpf_bad: ). All in all, the game cost me $66. I love you TRU.

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Ive only been playing through a few levels of the game but im blown by the possibilities. It was kinda frustrating to begin with, until you figured out all the steps between the physical aspects towards the parts where you have to move around your figures in real life. But having gotten there and getting to know how it all works its a really cool experience really blending LEGO with computer gaming in the best way possible.

Also, the storylin is really well written and the graphics, not stunning, but doing exxcatly what one would expect from a LEGO universe.

Now i really want to have LEGO make 2 level packs for us, and they already have the rights for them !

Wouldnt a Classic space Level pack and a Matrix level pack just be beyond awesome ! :wub: :wub:

McFly could bring Benny back to meet his grand grand father and Mother ? ... Not to mention what Doctor Who would have to say about these weird Classic space dudes. :P

Edited by KlodsBrik