Sign in to follow this  
WoutStopmotion

MOC - LL Gouw - Neo Classic Space

16578502459_f57a5b7628_b.jpg

Lego Classic Space - 1665 - LL Gouw by WSM_, on Flickr

I finished this spaceship about two weeks ago, but as you know, the Neo Classic Space colorscheme is very strict, so i swore by getting myself a Trans-Yellow canopy before taking pictures. I hoped the guy i bought it from would attend the LUG meet i showed this model at a week ago, but sadly not, so i had to show it there with the wrong canopy (a Trans-Black one).

So here it finally is! There's way more photos on Flickr which are definitely worth to check. :)

Enjoy!

Edited by WoutStopmotion

This looks very nice, but if you want to be VERY picky about the NCS colour scheme, the wings are normally grey and the body blue. :wink::tongue:

Edited by Lord Tyrus

It looks to be a fitting ship for any fleet.

I like the new classic look to it. I haven't really followed any of the guidelines in terms of that, but this would fit right in with them in my book. I do like the yellow canopy. I may have to pick up some of them.

Thanks for all the comments!

It looks to be a fitting ship for any fleet.

I like the new classic look to it. I haven't really followed any of the guidelines in terms of that, but this would fit right in with them in my book. I do like the yellow canopy. I may have to pick up some of them.

Here's the Neo-Classic Space colour scheme. I believe it's compiled by Pete Reid, so you can guess how serious it is.

I'm usually picky about the colour scheme as it MUST be taken strict, but here i'm slightly being a hypocrite as my personal variation on the scheme consists of just building the mechanical bits in grey and adding panels and wings in blue. I feel it's more appealing and striking than building an entirely greebled-up grey base ship and wings and then add a small hint of blue at the cockpit, and it's more realistic (although... realistic spaceships? Uh...).

And technically the wings ARE grey, but i've added some blue on top as panels.

Yeah the bubble canopy in general is a nice piece. There's not many canopies and similars in Trans-Yellow and this Trans-Yellow one in particular has only appeared once, in a really big Atlantis set. I bet i was lucky i could find it! It was only available in 3 Dutch BL stores, 2 after i used one in my LL Gouw. :laugh:

Nice, but wait, now I am quite curious: I thought it is restricted here using original LEGOLAND box cover concept (although you have changed the actual word to something else) for your (ours) pseudo-sets designs, isn't it??? :look:

I thought it is restricted here using original LEGOLAND box cover concept (although you have changed the actual word to something else) for your (ours) pseudo-sets designs, isn't it??? :look:

Is it? I have no idea.

Is it? I have no idea.

Well, I'm not quite sure but I think I see it somewhere around this forum...