Sign in to follow this  
frumpy

[MOC] Coltherstone Castle Tavern

Hi All,

Here are photos of the next section of my castle, the Tavern. This is now 11 of the 12 sections completed so I'm almost done.

I've made the corner tower of this section timber to add something a bit different to the castle and break up the greyness of the castle.

C&C welcome.

16563099959_a11078664b_c.jpg

16749225085_680f5e753b_c.jpg

16748045351_e678c17693_c.jpg

16748159262_aa1564c2f8_c.jpg

16561684078_39a454eceb_c.jpg

16126890374_f09f55e869_c.jpg

The complete album on flicker is here: https://www.flickr.c...57648842457481/

Thanks.

Very nice tower. I've been admiring this project from the start, and really can't wait to see it all put together. My tiny criticism for this build would be the the black on white for the tavern is perhaps a bit of a harsh contrast. White with dark brown, or even tan with black might work a little better. Regardless, I always enjoy seeing these sections of your castle!

The roof of the tower is very nice. I also like your vegetation around but above all I like your photography. Nice sharp photos mate. :thumbup:

My tiny criticism for this build would be the the black on white for the tavern is perhaps a bit of a harsh contrast. White with dark brown, or even tan with black might work a little better.

I originally wanted to do dark brown but I couldn't find all the different size pieces in that colour (1x8 plates and pieces for the roof) so I gave on that colour and settled for black. Thanks for the feedback.

The roof of the tower is very nice. I also like your vegetation around but above all I like your photography. Nice sharp photos mate. :thumbup:

Thanks. Since I started building this last year my photography skills have improved as well as my building skills. I also started using Lightroom and Photoshop which has helped heaps as well.

Wow, I really love the roof of the tower! :classic:

The tavern and the vegetation are very nice, too.

The observation tower and its roundish roof is definitely some great work! I do think the half-timbering is a little less polished than the rest of the build though. The contrast doesn't bother me much, I like the classic LEGO black beams, but I think the placement of them under the roof looks a bit off and I'd like to see some more detailing on the side of the building.

Just some thoughts :)

Excellent addition! I really like the rafters in the tavern, though I agree with mrcp6d, about the half timbering.

Can't wait to see it finished! :excited: