Edwin Korstanje

Edwin Korstanje Detailed Custom Ship Models and Sets

If that is the contract then I hope you have designed some inherent weaknesses into the model so in about 2 years it will start cracking apart (a bit like some car manufacturers do I have heard) some people must work really really hard to be able to afford such luxury. Or are they just lucky?

:laugh: :laugh: When i am real smart for myself, i build some weaknesses in this model :wink: , but i know from the beginning it must be transport to outside the Netherlands.

Me , my wife, doghter and JunkstyleGio got already a great pressent from the yard and where special quest at the launch party

Because i got paid for creating models, that i don't have to make concesions for building strong and my first rule is that every model must can be transport and lift in one peace even it's weight 40 kg.

My Lego hobby and(work) have bring me already around the globe that i have never dream of. and if there is some problem with a model than is that a extra bonus :wink::grin: .

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Today i have a great promotion for myself and stand in one of the largest clippingnews site with a artikel on page 11 :sweet: .

26086805323_2c48c54dc7_c.jpg

some serious work there.your models are excellent so realistic looking ,your success is well deserved,keep up the great work,

I really love your excellent models, especially the tug boats!

My father was captain on such a ship and I would love to build such a model some day.

wolf_9036260_1335111.570x1140.jpg

For a new project, me and JunkstyleGio created our biggest set jet.

This set is also our first set that is built in a SNOT hull and the wheelhouse is studd up.

The model is 65 studds long

Later on you get some more info of it, but for now is here the first teaser and this painted work is a work of art it self by JunkstyleGio :laugh::wink: .

27429051062_5e6dda1418_c.jpg

Sounds promising. Having seen your earlier models I can't wait to see detail pics of this.

You do real good work! Keep it up!

-ED-

Thanks BusterHaus :thumbup: ,

This year is crazy about for asking shipmodels and sets, but for making it to a real deal it's lot more difficult than last year :sceptic: .

Because the low oil price of last months the orderbooks from the yards and shipowners is drop down dramatic and cut directly in there PR budgets.

Also our newest creation for Damen Shipyard got a no go for a budget stop for the next 3 months and we where already finished for to go on to production :hmpf_bad: .

Me and JunkstyleGio haved invest a lot of time and money in this project, that we comes to a conclusion if Damen don't bring out this set we bring out this set ourself for les money than Damen do.

I have designed two different hulls in a 10 meter wide and a standard 9 meter wide and they are 53 meter long and is build in a very easy scale 1/100 to calculate back in cize .

Because this ship have many different options and livery's you can go anyway to personify it.

Here the first pictures of the 10 wide version in a Dutch coast quard livery with firefight and crane option.

Please let me know what kind of livery you like to see in a set.

27020565183_457a2c9505_c.jpg

27595666196_07af7dd675_c.jpg

27020584013_08c3c22cc1_c.jpg

27629747605_433af322a4_c.jpg

27020588893_425a8d50d3_c.jpg

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing due to the lower PR budgets. I hope things turn around soon. This is a very solid model and the bow is probably my favorite part. I like the Dutch livery but if you are releasing this model independently maybe a pirate livery would work better.

sea-shepherd.jpg

I like the Sea Shepherd livery, but it's to much dependent in this scale on stickers.

I think this is a better solution.

27030986123_299ec65a6d_c.jpg

Thanks Erik and Igmar for the great comments :thumbup::blush: .

This 1/100 scale is a lot harder to get the right proportions and details than the big scaled ships.

Also design this ship so that everybody can build it, was a real challenge and think that the result is there.

Erik you have complete right that in this scale less is more :wink: .

Here is the basic Fast Crew Supplier 5009 in offshore livery.

27645275671_22037b80d8_z.jpg

27100881613_dd69708f9e_c.jpg

27098972134_fec23b5304_c.jpg

27610665672_575d836f9d_c.jpg

Excellent as well, I really love the same ship in different colors. Building truck I do like to do the same... It gives so much opportunities! Cool buddy...! :-)

Thank you buddy and haved look good at your models :thumbup::wink: .

Today arrived my new van and can now transport the shipmodels and autoglas in a fresh way.

At the last picture is my new and old in the back :grin: .

27120228044_a0127e0365_c.jpg

27454874220_ddb9ee41f9_c.jpg

27454872990_c8ae35b2e6_c.jpg

After the sad news whe got from the webshop department for the budget stop for all new products at the Damen webshop i got great news last week from the Model and New builds deparment.

Because the webshop department did not have show the set model to the Model department and now finaly have seen all models that i must deliver the first 3 customized models to them this week.

They love the design of the hull and wheelhouse even in this small scale for Lego(1/100) and when the budget stop later on this year get free again, that they wanted bring out the set for it.

Here some new pictures from one of the prototypes and will look comparable to the first customized models.

27279366913_80fc2c49f6_c.jpg

27279425384_f3c1b5dcd1_c.jpg

Here some new pictures from one of the prototypes and will look comparable to the first customized models.

Very true Ingmar and the new pictures are from the prototype and not the one's i must deliver to Damen :laugh::wink:

I am just building now already ship number 23 for Iskes Towage & Salvage and is build again in the scale 1/87 and measured 41.5cm in lenght.

The name of this ship is the BEVER and is a Shoalbuster 3612 and build at the Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld(Netherlands).

The Hull is now ready and can started on the fun part to create the superstructure and all the details.

Here some photo's from the real Bever and the WIP of the hull.

28537937740_0a9b891810_c.jpg

28537966020_f64a6f5f50_c.jpg

28207658143_61964cdd9d_c.jpg

The W.I.P hull.

28207668873_9b717e5ab0_c.jpg

28822387745_9975bff17b_c.jpg

28745788241_c2cfebd865_c.jpg

28822389485_ca5074ed7f_c.jpg

For me all ships are looking similar) May be like for you all FJ Toyotas. But detalisation of each is awesome! Such a huge effort to plan, buy bricks, build and finish each!

You live in a port city, right? That's why you are so inspired by such a huge floating machines. I live in the city of bad roads, so you can imagine what my living place inspire me to build...

You should be driving sport boats, not race carts :wink:

Edited by rm8