Edwin Korstanje

Edwin Korstanje Detailed Custom Ship Models and Sets

Small update on the super yacht.

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

As always a beautiful model!!!! Love you eye for detail and your building skills. Ain't a shipfan, but love your work.

On 25-1-2017 at 9:12 PM, Dafgek81 said:

As always a beautiful model!!!! Love you eye for detail and your building skills. Ain't a shipfan, but love your work.

Thank you @Dafgek81.:thumbup:

Good progress! Do you have any issues with the quality of the 1x1 slopes? I have a Mixels set that used those (brown color) and all of them split in half after a few months of being assembled. I don't know if I had a defective batch, or of they all do that... 

5 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Good progress! Do you have any issues with the quality of the 1x1 slopes? I have a Mixels set that used those (brown color) and all of them split in half after a few months of being assembled. I don't know if I had a defective batch, or of they all do that... 

Thanks Bart,:thumbup:

With the white and black cheese slope i heaved never a problem, but with red and dark red a couple of times a defective batches with hundreds of broken slopes.:angry:

15 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

, but with red and dark red a couple of times a defective batches with hundreds of broken slopes.:angry:

Bummer. I wonder if the color additives are the issue.  Stick to white and black, I guess, so you can avoid a phone call from an unhappy client in 6 months. 

I love the way you are able to put that much detail in a model at this rather small scale. I saw the DFDS super sized ferry at Legoworld Utrecht, but the detail on that was lousy for a model at that scale, and they had a lot of funding, because it was a world record attempt. You put much more detail in your at this small scale, I salute you.

Edited by Dafgek81

7 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

I love the way you are able to put that much detail in a model at this rather small scale. I saw the DFDS super sized ferry at Brickworld Utrecht, but the detail on that was lousy for a model at that scale, and they had a lot of funding, because it was a world record attempt. You put much more detail in your at this small scale, I salute you.

Thanks for the kind words.:blush:

The progress on the super yacht is in line with the deliver date for the customer and the last week i have building on and off on here, because it's extreme busy at the moment and have 5 different projects to work on.

The super yacht is building at the scale 1/50 and in the photo's you can see that a minifig is to big for here.

I hope you like the progress.

I just found this topic, why just now. 
you are awesome!

I should really get the drawings of the ship I work on now. I've already tried to build her in LDD, but never really got going, but you inspired me to get another go with it. But I do need the plans from her to do it right. 

Do you think its possible to do interior in a 1:40 schale ? 

Best regards Bart

sneak peak on what I've so far. (after re-starting for the 5th time)

tumblr_olwbbjebHr1qm3c8ro1_1280.png

Edited by Bart
moved picture to off EB host

6 minutes ago, Bart said:

I just found this topic, why just now. 
you are awesome!

Do you think its possible to do interior in a 1:40 schale ? 

Off course you can make a interior in 1:40.

I have make for this ship the MS Nieuw Statendam a interior in 1:200.

28921647594_e792dd4d54_c.jpg

29466431191_2480370e63_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Really like this! And really enjoying watching it getting final touches!

Thanks buddy.:thumbup:

Amazing Yacht, the chrome stand is a nice touch :wink:

How did you make the windows to round at the end? are they stickers or nice pieces usage?

11 hours ago, JJ2 said:

Amazing Yacht, the chrome stand is a nice touch :wink:

How did you make the windows to round at the end? are they stickers or nice pieces usage?

9 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

Yeah, how did you do those windows??

Thanks guys.

On the real ship the rounded edges on the windows are actually black painted, because than the lines come better out.

I don't wanted paint my bricks a make only for the rounded edges a sticker.:wink:

2 hours ago, evortigosa said:

@Edwin Korstanje your ships are awesome! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Many thanks for the great compliment @evortigosa.:thumbup:

I am also currently working on a project construction tug kit for a client in Brazil.:wink: