CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

A UCS Tardis sounds very plausible, only yesterday we heard the news Ghostbusters would be getting it's own UCS set, so maybe in the foreseeable future, we may get one.

A full TARDIS interior would be amazing for a UCS Doctor Who set. Doctor Who is the one thing I'd spend over £200 on merchandise for. Hell, I would actually go bankrupt for Doctor Who.

I'm a Whovian first and foremost, so I'd probably buy it and make myself bankrupt. :tongue:

YOU would buy a $350 set of the INTERIOR of a building?

Wow! for some weird reason I had you pegged as someone who would rather get a cheap, simple exterior of a building, with no interior whatsoever... :laugh:

Edited by Actor Builder

YOU would buy a $350 set of the INTERIOR of a building?

Wow! for some weird reason I had you pegged as someone who would rather get a cheap, simple exterior of a building, with no interior whatsoever... :laugh:

Only if it was a Doctor Who set.

A full TARDIS interior would be amazing for a UCS Doctor Who set. Doctor Who is the one thing I'd spend over £200 on merchandise for.

I'd prefer if they cut the interior and made it like $10. I mean if you put the Tardis in a display case you won't see the interior anyway.

I suspect the reason its been so long between the announcement of this set and the reveal is that LEGO have had to go through many revisions of the design to come up with something the BBC is happy with. Whereas something like the Ecto-1 or Wall-E was much closer to an actual releasable design.

I'd prefer if they cut the interior and made it like $10. I mean if you put the Tardis in a display case you won't see the interior anyway.

+100000000000000000000000000000

Okay, but then they'd be betraying everyone who voted for AndrewClark2's project, for which an interior was an important specific aspect of the concept. Remember, with Ideas sets they can (and do) change the specific builds, but they try to retain the core concept. Eliminating the interior would make it fundamentally different from what people voted for.

just a little confused as to why we can't talk about the release date as we have been for the last 20-something pages and no moderator ever told us off for it.

That is the point. 20 something pages of useless speculation that doesn't add anything. It's just a pointless post. Imagine if someone posted 10 times every week for a month "I wonder if it will be announced today", the thread would be full of annoying nothings.

Okay, but then they'd be betraying everyone who voted for AndrewClark2's project, for which an interior was an important specific aspect of the concept. Remember, with Ideas sets they can (and do) change the specific builds, but they try to retain the core concept. Eliminating the interior would make it fundamentally different from what people voted for.

I believe that ultron32 was making a satirical joke statement parodying LEGODalekbuster523's stance on the Ghostbusters HQ set.

:classic:

I suspect the reason its been so long between the announcement of this set and the reveal is that LEGO have had to go through many revisions of the design to come up with something the BBC is happy with. Whereas something like the Ecto-1 or Wall-E was much closer to an actual releasable design.

The details of the Wall.E set were only made available a month before it came out.

Yes. That's right. A month.

I hope they don't do that with this one.

That is the point. 20 something pages of useless speculation that doesn't add anything. It's just a pointless post. Imagine if someone posted 10 times every week for a month "I wonder if it will be announced today", the thread would be full of annoying nothings.

I get what you're saying, but I don't see the need to completely ban discussion about it. I mean, I'd understand if a mod stepped in on occasion if things got to the point of "I hope it's today" for the 3 pages to push the topic back on track, but discussion on it once in a while shouldn't be problematic. After all, there was a pretty good chance of a reveal due to the season premiere. I'll drop the topic but I just wanted to put this comment out there.

Someone should email LEGO. Someone in another thread mentioned something. being revealed at BrickCon ?

Maybe it's this or the Hoth Echo Base.

Someone should email LEGO. Someone in another thread mentioned something. being revealed at BrickCon ?

Maybe it's this or the Hoth Echo Base.

If it's not the LEGO Ideas Doctor Who set, then I might just send an email to them containing the words 'pudding brains'.

I get what you're saying, but I don't see the need to completely ban discussion about it. I mean, I'd understand if a mod stepped in on occasion if things got to the point of "I hope it's today" for the 3 pages to push the topic back on track, but discussion on it once in a while shouldn't be problematic. After all, there was a pretty good chance of a reveal due to the season premiere. I'll drop the topic but I just wanted to put this comment out there.

In this topic, I've stepped in so far only once on the topic of discussion about the release date, and when I did so I told everyone to 'Please keep posts about the release date to a minimum.' However, it has continued after that, quite a bit. I get it, everybody's itchy for some pictures to reach the public. At the same time, speculation about a release date is a non-discussion.

You should know that the Licensed forum has been without a Mod looking over it closely for some time before now. I'm not here to give anybody a hard time, but I'm trying to gently get our Licensed discussion topics back to how we envision discussions between adults should go.

If anybody wants to respond to my comments, please don't do so in this topic. Of course you can always PM me, or we will have a thread about the Licensed Forum coming soon.

Now then, carry on about the set, and once again keep talk about the release date to a minimum unless it's actually meaningful.

The interior of the Tardis is the most important part to me. I have plans! I am horrible at MOC's and have needed a Tardis for ages.

While I have no insider knowledge for this, I'd imagine they'd do Hoth Echo at BrickCon since it's a D2C set, and Doctor Who at NYCC since it's this pop-culture Ideas set.

Like Actor Builder said I was joking about what Dalekbuster523 said in the thread about the Ghostbusters Firehouse; that they should cut the interior and make it cheaper.

While I have no insider knowledge for this, I'd imagine they'd do Hoth Echo at BrickCon since it's a D2C set, and Doctor Who at NYCC since it's this pop-culture Ideas set.

That seems reasonable but then where shall they reveal the Ghosbusters set? Someone said something about an event in Denmark I think.

Like Actor Builder said I was joking about what Dalekbuster523 said in the thread about the Ghostbusters Firehouse; that they should cut the interior and make it cheaper.

That seems reasonable but then where shall they reveal the Ghosbusters set? Someone said something about an event in Denmark I think.

Well, maybe they'll reveal it at NYCC as well... But I'm sure there's more events before January as well.

If they don't reveal the LEGO Ideas Doctor Who set at BrickCon, then I'll feel like going all Rage Kitty on them (unless it is revealed before then).