LegoSjaak

All 10 modulars together. Total of 17 sets.

15598368288_ed7e233c82_c.jpg

DSC00936 by ecmo47, on Flickr

So when is the Cafe Corner going to get the "Charles Atlas" treatment? All the rest of the modulars are kicking sand in it's face! Seriously, that's a super nice set-up. I'm with you in that Im not real good at creating my own new designs but like to "tweek" current models to make them unique. I've been thinking about creating a twin stall Fire Brigade and I'll refer to yours for some design ideas.

15598368288_ed7e233c82_c.jpg

DSC00936 by ecmo47, on Flickr

So when is the Cafe Corner going to get the "Charles Atlas" treatment? All the rest of the modulars are kicking sand in it's face! Seriously, that's a super nice set-up. I'm with you in that Im not real good at creating my own new designs but like to "tweek" current models to make them unique. I've been thinking about creating a twin stall Fire Brigade and I'll refer to yours for some design ideas.

That is not a cafe corner, but a cafe tower... you could ofcourse sell me one floor, if you want to... :laugh: The first three modulars are the ones i left in their original sizes... Could you give us a picture taken from the front.. ? Great street!!

Ironically, my CC is only three floors right now as I have sold several extra levels lately! Getting more parts in to get it back to it's lofty height for a show in two weeks. After getting used to seeing it with extra levels, it looks really pathetic in it's origional configuation. :blush:

Here's one more shot from my Flicker stream.

16251876658_6c2e38e5dd_c.jpg

DSC01016 by ecmo47, on Flickr

Heres the link to some more photo's on flicker as I dont want to hi-jack your thread!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128506921@N06/16438593922/in/photostream/

I'm loving all the extended modulars, in particular the town hall in the video works really really well. I've got all the modulars other than Cafe Corner, but I'm still jealous you have the space to display them all at once!

I'm loving all the extended modulars, in particular the town hall in the video works really really well. I've got all the modulars other than Cafe Corner, but I'm still jealous you have the space to display them all at once!

Maybe you should know that the modulars are displayed in a room (attic) that has sloping ceilings and the highest point of the room is about 1.30 meters....so it is pretty small..... for displaying it does the job, but for other things like building, it isn't suitable at all. I'm now thinking about some kind of statue, that could stand in front of the Majestic Town Hall.... :blush:

I see you have yet to actually comment on the actual post...which is more what LegoSjaak is looking for. Maybe raise the issue of how comments can be interpreted separately or even more prudent...privately with those involved. Lets focus on what the post was intended for...feedback to the original post!

So... I love the Modular layout and the skill you have shown in combining more than one of the original sets in XL'ing the design and footprint of each building. Your current work on the 'Detective Office' is excellent and gives inspiration to those who may want to follow suit!

My only suggestion, which I think I have posted before on another City Layout, is to focus on the landscaping and tying together your brilliant building work with a stronger external aesthetic. If you look to brick build the trees, hard & soft landscaping, roads etc...your layout will really tie together and support the detail already shown in the modulars. My example would be to look at the incorporation of the brick built Xmas tree in your winter layout and how that has more of a presence than the standard 'Lego Tree' piece. Have a gander at the amazing work over in 'Historic Themes' as they have fantastic MOC builds that depict an amazing array of trees and foliage that could be brought into your layouts.

But as I said before, this looks already like an amazing project that is only going to get better and better as it evolves in the future. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Here is my first progress on the brick built trees....now looking for a plan to tile half of the square in front of the modulars.... 16578401246_915903d7f0_b.jpg

I am not a huge fan of those double size modulars. I think the interest is quite limited and it cost money for not a great effect. BUT, I have to admit, that the fire brigade, when you add more garage bays, it looks nice and finds it interest in the numbers of fire engines you can put in it.

And your detective's office looks really great. The conversion is well thought and so the looks fits really well! It really improves the building so it has an interest in this case.

Adding floors to modulars is also not so bad. But not as much as the corner cafe we seen in this topic!

Looking amazing! I'm missing the first three but who knows? i might get lucky and score myself a good bargain!

I also missed the first three, but bought them later.. It was a lot of money, but when i look back, they're still worth what i paid for it, or even a bit more...

Very nice work with the landscaping...its beginning to form a great little pocket park or landscaped square. Fantastic! Can't wait till to see how it progresses!

Very nice work with the landscaping...its beginning to form a great little pocket park or landscaped square. Fantastic! Can't wait till to see how it progresses!

Have you seen the progress already? 16485127237_6172f6188a_c.jpg I am currently waiting for 1144 bricks in my mail.....

I-I dont know what to say...That's purely incredible. This is like every modular builders dream!