Bursting through the pavement of the lost city of Okoto, comes the Skull Ripper! An ancient skeletal warrior, armed with a powerful sword, sharp horns and strong armour, stands tall against the Toa heroes! But, can he and his fellow skull-headed scourges stop them, before they reach the Temple of Time?

16233066349_40a9f437fb_c.jpg

16419275585_3af95fe79f_c.jpg

16419264705_1d26d351a8_c.jpg

I really like the designs for the Bionicle sets we're getting this summer, so this here is a MOC built in the same sort of style. It was fun figuring out the ribcage detail, and also working with lots of transparent parts.

If enough people ask, I may just make a how-to on how to build this guy!

EDIT: Instructions here!

Edited by LewiMOC

This is great! I love the menacing look it has!

If enough people ask, I may just make a how-to on how to build this guy!

I ask!

Interesting ribcage design, although it's a bit wide, because of the torso armor. But it's still a cool technique.

I just noticed that his sword, his chestpiece print and the trans-blue give him an electric vibe. Was that intended ?

Thanks guys!

I ask!

You're the first!

I just noticed that his sword, his chestpiece print and the trans-blue give him an electric vibe. Was that intended ?

Y'know, I never considered that! Good eye! I think I'll roll with it, actually.

Edited by LewiMOC

I'd buy this set for sure, if it came with Gali's drained mask. Splendid job, my good man!

Thank you kindly!

looks great nice feet and rib cage

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the feet at first, but they've certainly grown on me.

This looks way more intimidating than the summer sets. :thumbup:

Honestly, I think he's right on par with them :)

Nice model! It would slot into the Skull Gang pretty well I think. I like the aesthetic very much and I like the build, the only thing I'm not 100% certain on is the chestplate, purely because it has dark red in it's print which is a colour that isn't used anywhere else in the model. I'd almost certainly buy it if it were a real set. I was thinking about making something similar once I got my hands on a second Onua, but I guess you beat me to it! :laugh:

Also, seeing that model made me realise how much I miss seeing the rounded detail shell in sets (partly because I use them a lot for a favourite repto-humanoid design of mine, which uses 7 of them, and are becoming very rare). But anyway...

the only thing I'm not 100% certain on is the chestplate, purely because it has dark red in it's print which is a colour that isn't used anywhere else in the model.

On the contrary, I think it's a good choice, since all the four humanoid summer villains have some red on their chestpiece (it is supposed to represent muscles ?). It makes the MOC fit the gang even better.

On the contrary, I think it's a good choice, since all the four humanoid summer villains have some red on their chestpiece (it is supposed to represent muscles ?). It makes the MOC fit the gang even better.

I didn't even think of it that way, but when you look at it that way (with the muscle thing), it certainly does make sense. I admit I didn't notice the red on some of the chestplates :blush: . But then again, it's just personal preference :classic:

Top notch! I think this holds up a lot better than some of the other summer sets. The transparent blue really works with the flow of the model.

Thumbs up and stuff.

Great work! I think the only thing it's missing to fit in with the rest of the skull army is the random and unnecessary bits of trans-orange thrown into the mix.

Nice job, LewiMoc!

It definitely fits in with the summer sets. I really like his ribcage :classic:

Very menacing and evil!

Thanks guys!

Anyone had a go at building their own yet?