just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Obi-Wan looks fantastic, even though he's a wee bit generic by virtue of being a human character. Great head sculpt, great armor, great color scheme. The new shoulder add-on looks amazingly useful, and I hope it continues to appear in other colors and themes.

Grievous honestly doesn't bother me as much as he seems to bother other people. I do wish his chest area were a little bit more heavily armored, since that was the most heavily armored part of the actual character, but I love the creativity of his build.

In general, lots of fantastic White and Brick Yellow (Tan) elements between the two of them! I look forward to seeing the other sets!

Grievous isn't as great as I expected him to be but still pretty good. I think the part that gets to me the most is the fact that his chest is way bigger than it should be. Also I think I might've preferred white.

I don't even know how Luke stands in the some pricepoint as that Obi-Wan. WHICH IS GLORIOUS and makes Luke look even more like trash.

Grievious doesn't look that great from the front and must horrible form the back and indeed misses the cape. Even for 35 bucks it's kind of a poor parts bag. The amount of visible balljoints is disgusting.

I really like them both. Grievous could be better, but he's perfectly satisfactory for me. Exposed balljoints don't bother me much here (though I could swap them out for the Skull Villain "bone" bones since I've decided I'm getting doubles of at least Basher and Slicer), and I wasn't expecting him to use the Skull Spider legs for claws. The thing that really bugs me about Grievous though is lack of cape, but I do like the tan (another new CCBS colour! :grin: ). The picture does give a better look at the back of those new shells though, I'm glad they're attached by balljoints. The out-of-place looking Technic connector looks to be so you can attach Grievous' arms together as he does in the media (though really, I can't imagine it looking great that way so I will be removing them and he'll permanently have 4 arms)

I'm pleasantly surprised by Obi-Wan - dare I say it, the best CCBS human figure LEGO has done? 4M shells in White! New shoulder add-on that could potentially be useful! And that brown cape... I'll take two Obi-Wans please :wub:

I'm surprised the last two will be revealed in a matter of days - I thought it was going to be more spread out than that. So I take it it's DEFINITELY Jango and Cody now? There's been conflicting sources saying they might be Boba and a Stormtrooper, but honestly, if they bring lots of lovely recolours, I'm all for it, I don't care who we get (if it's Jango, he better have a little bit of dark blue :laugh: )

Are Grevious' shells the same color as Vardy's shells?

The pictures suggest this is a lighter tan than Vardy's shells. It looks nowhere near as dark as Dark Tan, Vardy's shell colour. I'm 99% certain the shells here are regular tan.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

You could technically give Grevious Obi Wan's cape.

I really like how Grevious looks. And he confirms that the new leg armor that Luke Vader and Obi Wan have is a new shell rather than an add on piece.

Grevious seems to pull off the Fire Lord/ Black Phantom leg design well. He also appears to have some new bone recolors. 2 of the smallest in either light or dark grey and what looks to be 4 of the longest in light or dark grey.

Greivous is legiiiit. Obi-Wan is actually a lot better than I thought he would be; going with his Clone Wars attire helps, much less weird than Luke. But yeah, gonna have to see what I can budget for these...

He also appears to have some new bone recolors. 2 of the smallest in either light or dark grey and what looks to be 4 of the longest in light or dark grey.

I didn't spot those - the shortest ones in grey will be extremely useful to me, as I've been wanting them for a model for a long time.

And yes - the Obi-Wan cape might work, but it just wouldn't be the same to me. It needs to be two-toned at the least for me :look:

EDIT: I took a look at the main Star Wars rumours forum - funny that most people here think Obi-Wan is good and Grievous isn't that great, but people over there seem to think the exact opposite :laugh:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

I didn't spot those - the shortest ones in grey will be extremely useful to me, as I've been wanting them for a model for a long time.

And yes - the Obi-Wan cape might work, but it just wouldn't be the same to me. It needs to be two-toned at the least for me :look:

EDIT: I took a look at the main Star Wars rumours forum - funny that most people here think Obi-Wan is good and Grievous isn't that great, but people over there seem to think the exact opposite :laugh:

I'm on the same boat as them. That Grievious just has too many flaws, and most of them I could had forgiven if he had a cape. Not a 35 dollar set. Good that they like Obi, cause I damn too, it's miles better from any constraction figure save for some Bionicle and Hero Factory and is much better than Luke.

I'm on the same boat as them. That Grievious just has too many flaws, and most of them I could had forgiven if he had a cape. Not a 35 dollar set. Good that they like Obi, cause I damn too, it's miles better from any constraction figure save for some Bionicle and Hero Factory and is much better than Luke.

You might have unintentionally misread my post. What I meant was that people in the Action Figures subforum (here) like Obi-Wan and don't like Grievous, but people in the Star Wars forum appear to think the exact opposite. Except for those few individuals there that clearly don't like Constraction of course :classic:

Wait, what's wrong with Greivous? Digitigrade legs, solid construction, great parts... I mean, maybe a little underarmored, but isn't that how he's supposed to be?

Wait, what's wrong with Greivous? Digitigrade legs, solid construction, great parts... I mean, maybe a little underarmored, but isn't that how he's supposed to be?

Well, let's see... THE HUGE GAPS IN HIS TORSO? :s

Well, let's see... THE HUGE GAPS IN HIS TORSO? :s

That's huge? I have a grand canyon to show you...

Wow. Obi Wan is 1000x better than luke. Really like the look of it. I'm not completely sure about grievous, but it sure looks like a great parts pack if not.

That's huge? I have a grand canyon to show you...

Yes, those gaps are huge, way too huge to be acceptable. It makes the whole set look unfinished to me, wchich is a shame, because I expected something better after seeing how great Vader turned out.

First off, a note on the price and parts count before getting to the sets themselves.

BZP's TF report:

75107 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 1

85 pieces. Age 7+

$19.99 (USD) $24.99 (CAD)

Available in September

This set wasn't on display.

75108 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 2

82 pieces. Age 7+

$19.99 (USD) $24.99 (CAD)

Available in September

75109 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 4

83 pieces. Age 7+

$24.99 (USD) $29.99 (CAD)

Available in September

75112 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 6

182 pieces. Age 9+

$34.99 (USD) $44.99 (CAD)

Available in September

Speakeasy's article:

The General Grievous set includes 186 pieces, and Obi-Wan Kenobi includes 83 pieces.

Apparently Grievous has 4 more pieces compared to BZP's report, but that might or not be accurate. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the 25 dollars set is Obi-Wan: the parts count matches and, compared to Luke, he's better armoured and includes a cape.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

DESIGN: I kept my expectations for fully human characters (no armour, etc) to a minimum, but he's actually pretty good. Very surprised to see a loincloth-like design on him- it's meant to represent his robe, I know, but I don't remember a set doing this before so it's nice.

PARTS: It's good to finally see a cape that is not brown (though I still really want a white one..). The new shoulder pad element looks good, it seems more compact than the Breakout one- hope we get it in more colours. And white 4M shells, finally!

General Grievous

DESIGN: Very imposing and cool figure, in my humble opinion. Very interesting torso that tries to do something different, like Vader's. Seems like the arms actually connect together in pairs like on the original character. The legs actually look complex, which is more than what I can say for..any constraction set in the last 4 years (except Evo XL). Shame about the lack of cape, but I can't say I didn't expect it. Overall I think the figure looks very good and accurate to me, and I can't wait to see more/better pictures.

PARTS: oooooh booy. Tons of tan (I wish that was dark tan, I actually like it more. But it seems unlikely) including a third colour for the new leg armour (hoping we get it in silver with Jango) and a new colour for the hands! Also, TWO new sizes of dark bley bones and the BIONICLE Skeletons torso in black. Also, another cool chest print.

As for the final two, I don't think we're going to see anything groundbreaking. I'm pretty sure Cody is going to reuse a lot of parts from Obi-Wan, with Jango mostly being a Cody redeco with a jetpack. As for the parts, it's clear they're pulling all the stops with these sets, so I'm confident we're actually going to see sand blue on Jango, and some orange parts on Cody (I sure hope so, they've always been stingy with orange pieces in CCBS for some odd reason).

Grievous is an extremely impressive set, there's definitely room for improvement, the shaping could use some work, and it's not in the same league as Darth Vader or Obi-Wan, but man, what a cool set.

Obi-Wan is cut of the same cloth as Darth Vader. Solid, smooth, with great shaping, the only blemishes being the black bones in the arms and the torso not flowing into the neck well.

These are an absolute goldmine for new part colors, while we're at it. Hot diggity!

Damn, these are nice.

Edited by CabooseBM

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the 25 dollars set is Obi-Wan: the parts count matches and, compared to Luke, he's better armoured and includes a cape.

You might very well be right - what you say and what was contained in your spoiler matches up to the set names that have suddenly appeared tagged to their set numbers on Brickset. Safe to say, I did not expect Obi-Wan to be the $25 set (I really thought it'd be Jango filling that spot - now I wonder how they'll do his jetpack and still make the model look well-armoured and good, I fear that the number of parts that might be needed for the jetpack might detract from the set as a whole. I can't think of many ways to make a good looking jetpack with a low parts count (neither do I see them making a new jetpack mould as a shell add-on). Unless - they don't even do the jetpack :look: ).

His jetpack could be some two-piece pre-molded monstrosity, but we'll see.

Anyway, both of these look good, although we're getting pricey; with Vader already, there's a lot going into this. I hope it works out for them.

I think someone worked it out to almost 140$ for all 6 sets.

Edited by MonkeyChud

Ooh that's why Grievous is looking odd to me. I forgot he used a cape.

Oh well, still looks like a good purchase.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

When I first saw Luke, my first thought was "Galidor!" However, Obi Wan and Grievous look incredible, so much so that they might pull me out of my Constraction Dark Age! My wallet's really not going to be happy...