just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

If people don't mind me asking - why is everybody saying one of the figures is Jango Fett now? The only sources I've seen state that it's Boba, not Jango. Please forgive me for being picky, are people just getting the two mixed up (it's easy enough given that they are basically clones of each other!), or am I really missing something here and Jango was somewhat confirmed?

Not that I would mind a Jango Fett figure, it might provide some much-needed dark blue and even sand blue constraction parts. In fact, the reason why one of the figures has a $25 price tag, aside from possibly more large/new moulds, is that it might have more exclusive recolours than the rest of the $20 sets. Boba and Jango, whoever it is, would fit into that category perfectly, no way you can have a decent figure of either of them without lots of the sand colours which are virtually non-existent in constraction.

If people don't mind me asking - why is everybody saying one of the figures is Jango Fett now? The only sources I've seen state that it's Boba, not Jango. Please forgive me for being picky, are people just getting the two mixed up (it's easy enough given that they are basically clones of each other!), or am I really missing something here and Jango was somewhat confirmed?

Promobricks said that Boba would be part of the line, but Toyark mentioned Jango instead.

That's not innovation. That's rehashing an already done (and arguably failed) concept: Invasion From Below. EXO-FORCE was the pioneer of System mechs, and a pioneer of SNOT techniques. The effects of the line can still be seen far and wide today, in almost every mech LEGO has made since. Like it or not, a CCBS version of EXO-FORCE would virtually incite a riot amongst "System Elitists".

Innovation is improving on a current idea and making it fresh and new. Leave CCBS Mechs for the HF reboot. Besides, if LEGO really believed CCBS mechs were an innovation over System mechs, we wouldn't be seeing any more System mechs

That's a bogus argument.

Firstly, just because a theme started using CCBS mechs wouldn't mean that themes which were already primarily System-based (like Ninjago) would completely abandon System-based mechs. To do so would be as stupid as releasing a vehicle that was 90% Technic in Lego City—while it could conceivably look good and fit visually with the other sets, a kid who got that along with a System-based vehicle in the same theme would understandably get frustrated by the limited compatibility of the parts. That's not an issue with these sets, since the difference in scale is clue enough that these are distinct from other Star Wars sets.

Secondly, themes like Ninjago are ALREADY integrating CCBS into mech sets, particularly smaller ones where complex system shaping is not a realistic option. An Exo-Force reboot would be an ideal vehicle for furthering the potential for that sort of integration, maybe even with new parts like bricks with integrated CCBS "knee joints". It's not like "all System" and "all CCBS" are the only two options—it's entirely possible for the two to be used hand in hand.

It's not quite clear actually, yes the first source talked about Boba but the second one lists Jango:

Looks like you got your wish:

Hero Factory like action figures:

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)

Darth Vader

Jango Fett

Commander Cody

Clone Wars Obi-Wan

General Grieveous (really impressive and big!)

Source: http://news.toyark.com/2015/01/29/news-nuremberg-toy-fair-149032

Very good observation about the recolours anyway. Not sure which one I'd prefer honestly. Going by his most recent minifig, Boba would bring in more olive green (but I secretly hope he's sand green like his older version, so I can make an accurate Artakha), while Jango would most likely be sand blue, which is another colour I like very much. I hope they don't recycle Gali's dark azure shells, now that would be pretty lazy.

That's a bogus argument.

Firstly, just because a theme started using CCBS mechs wouldn't mean that themes which were already primarily System-based (like Ninjago) would completely abandon System-based mechs. To do so would be as stupid as releasing a vehicle that was 90% Technic in Lego City—while it could conceivably look good and fit visually with the other sets, a kid who got that along with a System-based vehicle in the same theme would understandably get frustrated by the limited compatibility of the parts. That's not an issue with these sets, since the difference in scale is clue enough that these are distinct from other Star Wars sets.

Secondly, themes like Ninjago are ALREADY integrating CCBS into mech sets, particularly smaller ones where complex system shaping is not a realistic option. An Exo-Force reboot would be an ideal vehicle for furthering the potential for that sort of integration, maybe even with new parts like bricks with integrated CCBS "knee joints". It's not like "all System" and "all CCBS" are the only two options—it's entirely possible for the two to be used hand in hand.

It would be good if you would read the rest of the argument (or at the very least act on the knowledge you gained from reading it) before giving your two cents, because everything you've just said has already been mentioned and discussed. It's off-topic anyway.

It would be good if you would read the rest of the argument (or at the very least act on the knowledge you gained from reading it) before giving your two cents, because everything you've just said has already been mentioned and discussed. It's off-topic anyway.

Ah, sorry. Disregard that comment. I thought the comment I was replying to was the most recent post in the topic, but it was really several pages back. Stupid mobile interface...

Edited by Lyichir

Ah, sorry. Disregard that comment. I thought the comment I was replying to was the most recent post in the topic, but it was really several pages back. Stupid mobile interface...

Happens to everyone, don't worry :)

edit: oops, speaking of interfaces, had to do some cleanup after I accidentally quoted you twice :grin:

Edited by Mandate

How did LEGO choose this line-up, I wonder? Are they saving Boba Fett and a Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper for the next wave? Any why would you save them? Why not start out with your biggest potential sellers first? Or am I wrong assuming that Boba and a Sandtrooper would be bigger sellers than Jango and Cody?

Unlike Boba, Jango Fett fought Obi-Wan Kenobi, which is also part of the line-up (okay, it's CW Obi-Wan, but it's the same character). I think kids would be more likely to buy Jango than Boba so they can recreate the fight between him and Kenobi. Same goes for Cody, he was there when Obi-Wan fought Grievous on Utapau, which means kids who get him will be able to recreate the scene.

How did LEGO choose this line-up, I wonder? Are they saving Boba Fett and a Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper for the next wave? Any why would you save them? Why not start out with your biggest potential sellers first? Or am I wrong assuming that Boba and a Sandtrooper would be bigger sellers than Jango and Cody?

License owners pick the vehicles and characters LEGO produces. So Disney told TLG which characters they wanted and then approved the final designs. Also how superhero sets work too.

Ah, okay, I didn't see the Toyark report, so that's where Jango has come from. But yes, valid point that Jango would theoretically match better with Obi-Wan in terms of timeline (I did know that, I was purely going from the sources I'd seen rather than anything logical). But I suppose at this moment in time, either Jango or Boba is possible.

I hope they don't recycle Gali's dark azure shells, now that would be pretty lazy.

I seriously hope this isn't the case if we're getting Jango. Looking at my Jango minifig, it'd be mostly Sand Blue with silver, perhaps some blue highlights. And Sand Blue is not even close to Dark Azure having just compared the two, so really it wouldn't make sense NOT to include recolours in Sand Blue.

Why does Luke come with those handcuffs? Is he trying to use them on Vader or breaking out of them. I never saw those movies so I don't know the details, but it seems significant if it's his second accessory.

Why does Luke come with those handcuffs? Is he trying to use them on Vader or breaking out of them. I never saw those movies so I don't know the details, but it seems significant if it's his second accessory.

I believe they're from the scene in which he turns himself into the Empire towards the end of RotJ. (he was handcuffed at that time, if I remember correctly) It does strike me as a bit silly to include accessory for that, but that's the most likely explanation. And it's good that they're getting a bit more mileage (and a recolor!) of the Breakout cuffs, anyway. Come to think of it, have the chain pieces ever even come in silver metallic? That will probably be useful too.

Edited by barnstench fartface

At least we get the cuffs in silver, eh?

Come to think of it, have the chain pieces ever even come in silver metallic?

Don't believe we have!

Edited by LewiMOC

Come to think of it, have the chain pieces ever even come in silver metallic?

No, but we got pearl light gray, which is close enough, although it's brighter.

I believe they're from the scene in which he turns himself into the Empire towards the end of RotJ. (he was handcuffed at that time, if I remember correctly) It does strike me as a bit silly to include accessory for that, but that's the most likely explanation. And it's good that they're getting a bit more mileage (and a recolor!) of the Breakout cuffs, anyway. Come to think of it, have the chain pieces ever even come in silver metallic? That will probably be useful too.

Speaking about that, I keep thinking that I have seen the parts in silver metallic- than I have to remind myself that it was in a knockoff.

Speaking about that, I keep thinking that I have seen the parts in silver metallic- than I have to remind myself that it was in a knockoff.

I actually own said knock-off.

How is it?

If the quality of regular CCBS parts was a 10/10, I would say it was a 7/10. About Megablocks level of quality- it goes together and works, but is pretty rough around the edges.

Can you guys please focus on the topic? I come here to see if there are any new informations about the Star Wars Constraction Figures, not your knock-off experiences :/

Knockoff discussion goes in community. If you wish to further discuss such topic, please do so there.

Short video on DV by FBTB, he looks huge (and still great)! Also, they have lots of pics of him and Luke

at the bottom. Edited by Shakar

Short video on DV by FBTB, he looks huge (and still great)! Also, they have lots of pics of him and Luke

at the bottom.

For a moment there I thought you meant DeeVee for some reason. My mind is really weird.

For a moment there I thought you meant DeeVee for some reason. My mind is really weird.

Let's hope DeeVee doesn't wander into this topic, lest we all be confused. :P

Anywho, Vader doesn't look too shabby. I was a bit worried about the size, but it's not too bad (not too big). Seems like a pretty good action figure size.

Let's hope DeeVee doesn't wander into this topic, lest we all be confused. :P.

It does make for a confusing read, that is for sure. One of the many reasons I have moved away from that username on most sites.