Sign in to follow this  
sdotcarter

[HELP] Looking for a Dump Truck

Hey guys, Im looking for a dumptruck to fill out my collection.

I have (ultimate) 8043, 42006, 42009 (soon to be grove) and am looking to purchase 42030.

I actually like the 42030 b model but was hoping to see if there was something a little bit more filling out there. Looking for RC if possible.

I'd like to set up a little display with them all "working" and that's why I need a dumptruck.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by sdotcarter

In summer wave 2015 isn't the set 42043: Mercedes Benz Arocs 3245 some kind of dumptruck? And I believe it comes with PF and new pneumatics.

Edited by Sinthoras

Nobody's really sure, there are lots of rumours. Nah it is, I'm trolling, it's a 4 axle dump truck with crane. You could look in the rumours thread, but it's full of idiots trolling :wink:

Technic Bricks has a much more condensed summary of known info:

http://www.technicbricks.com/2015/01/brickset-has-news-about-2h15-technis.html

http://www.technicbricks.com/2015/01/2h15-lego-technic-releases.html

Edited by andythenorth

I built the B model of 42030 from spare parts I had but didn't like it due to th "open" construction of the dump body.

Tried in-filling with yellow foam board but didn't look right - so consinged to the spares boxes again.

Now building MOC of a tracked dump truck - with track units & suspension based on the 8275 bulldozer.

Tracks are driven is by a XL motor through a subtracter unit with an M motor for steering controled by PF RX

Dump body raised / lowered by L motor - took awhile to get everything squeezed into the under carriage and to get pivot points correct without fouling the XL motor.

Dump body will be operated by a PF switch disguised as the engine exhaust pipe !

Dump body built, with parts to hand but need to order more 5 x 11 yellow panels to complete.

Next stage is to build the cab & engine bay sections.

Sorry no photos or instructions as I am building it on a try it and see if it works and looks OK basis.

Doug

Edited by Doug72

I've built D3K's 6x6 modular truck with the tipping bed he also designed and it is an excellent size with great PFs. It's a model that I think you would really like or its at least something you should certainly look into.

Edited by Osuharding1