Sign in to follow this  
Spader

Character Intro - The Stranger

As we were sailing north of Nocturnus on the Voyageur, I considered my life. I had been blessed much in my early life. My father was killed in a raid on Nocturnus, and my mother wasn't rich. But Wulf Stormbreaker, my father's first mate, had taken me under his wing, and become my surrogate father. So unlike the fate I had feared, (i.e. farming) I was now a raider, and a trusted member of Stormbreaker's crew on his raiding vessel, the Voyageur. And this was the best life one could have.

16064870669_dd359e81dc.jpg

As we continued to sail, we saw a man standing on one of the more noted Iceburgs, called Loki's Hand. He looked like a clansman, but from what clan, I had no idea. I wondered idly what he was doing on this blasted rock, and alone, no less. But he waved frantically, and we turned the ship towards the iceberg. This was the unspoken law of the sea. You NEVER left someone to die. And Viking thought we were, we weren't barbarians.

16064870089_657ea9c8c3.jpg

"Hang on,” I yelled at the Clansman. “We'll circle around, and pick you up.”

That we did, in short order.

16065161757_d6cb497696.jpg

After the man boaded our ship, Wulf came down the ship.

“Man the bridge, Logan.” Wulf said, for he too wondered who this stranger was, and what he was doing on Loki's Hand. I walked up to the bridge. I determined there was nothing special about the stranger.

16063477258_65c66ea59c.jpgIMG_6878 by Drew W Johnson, on Flickr

Boy, was I wrong.

Edited by Andrew Spader

Hey Drew, welcome to GoH! Your character's background sounds awesome, but it appears you're having some issues embedding your Flickr photos properly. The last one is fine, but the other links don't look like they were added correctly. Anyways, if you're having any troubles, you'll find plenty of help around here!

Again, welcome! Look forward to your builds!

Hey Drew, welcome to GoH! Your character's background sounds awesome, but it appears you're having some issues embedding your Flickr photos properly. The last one is fine, but the other links don't look like they were added correctly. Anyways, if you're having any troubles, you'll find plenty of help around here!

Again, welcome! Look forward to your builds!

Thanks! I just fixed the pictures....had some trouble figuring it out for a while.

Welcome to GoH Andrew Spader! :D Great Character Intro, excellent build! The story is fantastic as well. :thumbup:

Nice intro, Andrew, and welcome to the coolest guild!

I really like how you made the frozen island and I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the story!

Welcome to GoH Andrew Spader! :D Great Character Intro, excellent build! The story is fantastic as well. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Welcome Andrew! Nice intro story :)

Thanks!

Cool boat, I like all the supplies and weapons on board :thumbup: Interesting character intro too :classic:

Thanks!

Nice intro, Andrew, and welcome to the coolest guild!

I really like how you made the frozen island and I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the story!

Thanks! This is one of my fist 'ice' builds, but I look forward to building more.

Welcome to GoH. I just did a few words - and you have developed a cool story!

And you have surely joined the funniest finest guild!

Thanks! I love storywriting, and legos, so this is alot of fun to do!

Welcome to Nocturnus, Andrew Spader! Awesome introduction, can't wait to see your future builds!

Welcome to Nocturnus, Andrew Spader! Awesome introduction, can't wait to see your future builds!

Actually, I'm in Midgardia....thanks for the comment, though!

Neat intro! Cool ship and good story! I can see why you would fear farming in Nocturnus... I've heard their pumpkins are pretty deadly!

Neat intro! Cool ship and good story! I can see why you would fear farming in Nocturnus... I've heard their pumpkins are pretty deadly!

Thanks!

Welcome to the guilds! Fantastic opening build!

Thanks!