TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

The pumpkin head could mean many things but I'm sure we'll know for sure when toy fair comes.And I can't wait :grin:

Edited by LOTR343

The pumpkin head could mean many things but I'm sure we'll know for sure when toy fair comes.And I can't wait :grin:

True, i believe the minifigure line was already revealed though so that limits the possibilities. Either way, i suppose toy fair will hold the answers. Look forward to seeing the monsters regardless.

Now remember this in 2009 we had a short burst of pirates.....then within two years we got POTC from Disney right ?

So Monster Fighters could have been a trial run to test the waters ?

Claiming mid-year release means it wouldn't be in the German catalogue we have seen......so may be NY Toy Fair or maybe they'll leave it till a Comic Con to release it ?

I personally would be over joyed with a SD theme......I've been watching Scooby Doo for over 40 years and has the same back-to-childhood feel as Spiderman and Batman for me. :sweet:

For me it depends how they will handle the theme,if it's indeed SD.And by saying that I mean not making it too much kid friendly.But I hope it's a Monster Fighter reboot like the Ultra Agents are for the previous Agents theme back in 2008.

Edited by LOTR343

Not making a LEGO theme too kid friendly? That sounds contradictory...it is a toy after all.

I'd love to get some new monsters. But I'd hope they wouldn't re-release the same monsters that MF did, considering a lot of them were already re-releases of CMF monsters from previous years... I'd like some variety.

A LEGO mystery van would be welcomed. I doubt it will look that good though. We'd need something IDEAS related like the Ecto-1 to make it worthwhile. But maybe I'll be surprised.

But until LEGO confirms anything, OR actual pictures are leaked, I wouldn't call anything confirmed.

If the sets are based off of the original series, I am glady going to take them...

Kid friendly yes...but not TOO MUCH kid friendly.I hope they wont make it look like this..... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Be_Cool%2C_Scooby-Doo%21_character_redesigns.jpg

... If they end up like this, I will not get any of them, unless there is something I really want.

If the sets are based off of the original series, I am glady going to take them...

... If they end up like this, I will not get any of them, unless there is something I really want.

I wouldn't worry. The style would be pointless to imitate. Molded heads would never be able to capture that style (Necks are too thin) and the minifigure body could never imitate their lanky proportions correctly, so it would be a losing battle to try. Realistically the only thing I could see them doing is trying to imitate the eye style, but considering the original series used Lego like eyes to begin with it would be ridiculous to change them to the new style.

At the end of the day they're all pretty much dressed the same as their original counterpart (I think Daphne's the only one dressed differently and that's minimally different at best), so even if the heads were messed up in some weird style they could be swapped out.

I wonder if true......if Scooby would come with fixed or movable legs ?

Edit - Interesting to note up on Character Building's website only a five pack of micro figures are available......originally there were full blown sets (same with Doctor Who as well......only micro figures no sets)

But shock horror they have Looney Tunes.......

darth-vader-no_zpsdeb6db1e.jpg

But that show is axed too now, but being re-born by Cartoon Network just like Scooby Doo.

Anyway, the feeling can lean more towards it being real and Scooby Doo may join the ranks of other cartoon characters who have scored a minifig.

Edited by lightningtiger

I wonder if true......if Scooby would come with fixed or movable legs ?

Well since Character Building had movable legs for him I'd think Lego would try to do the same. Plus it would be a step back quality wise if they didn't do it despite it being possible in Lego form, and I highly doubt Lego is going to take being upstaged by a clone brand. Plus being a great Dane he's a human sized dog anyway, so there's no reason he shouldn't be as articulated.

I would kind of hope for Scooby Doo they give us a print variety for the face, a scared Scooby and a normal Scooby. And if they wanted to give us a sitting variation of the mold I'd gladly take it (Though they'd never do that, but I can dream).

Edited by strangely

Scooby-Doo could be made similar to the longstanding Lego monkey, which is about the correct proportional size for him. (I always thought that monkey was out of proportion.)

Now remember this in 2009 we had a short burst of pirates.....then within two years we got POTC from Disney right ?

So Monster Fighters could have been a trial run to test the waters ?

Claiming mid-year release means it wouldn't be in the German catalogue we have seen......so may be NY Toy Fair or maybe they'll leave it till a Comic Con to release it ?

I personally would be over joyed with a SD theme......I've been watching Scooby Doo for over 40 years and has the same back-to-childhood feel as Spiderman and Batman for me. :sweet:

Monster Fighters was made because of how well received the monsters in CMF series were. I think SD is just LEGO likes making 100 different themes a year now, 95 based on licenses.

I'm very excited about this, thanks! Looks like a great addition to my monster fighters sets. I do hope the sets are more the old school versions.

1062.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ok in all seriousness I kinda had this feeling that this "new spooky theme" may be scooby doo even thought I denied the possibility about it.Well I hope the sets are worth it,hopefully it'll gives us alot spooky themed places(the Haunted Lighthouse picked my interest) and of course minifigs.

Edited by LOTR34

I am looking forward to this series. I very much enjoyed the Monster Fighters. My thoughts on the sets...

1) Mummy Museum -Very promising... Hopefully it'll be like a Creator set.

2) Plane - No great expectations... Always great to have a new plane.

3) Mystery Machine - DON'T SCREW THIS UP!... LEGO did great with the Delorean and Ecto1. They failed horribly with the TMNT van. This could make or break the series.

4) Lighthouse - Very promising... I too hope this set has some size to it! (1,000 + piece size)

5) Mansion - Why?... We already have a great spooky mansion set from the MF series.

Just my two cents...

Edited by frog4gators

There's a list of set names for the LEGO Scooby-Doo theme: http://www.thebrickf...mored-set-list/

Mummy Museum Mystery (75900)

Mystery Plane Adventures (75901)

The Mystery Machine (75902)

Haunted Lighthouse (75903)

Mystery Mansion (75904)

These do sound great! A full sized museum would kick butt, but since it's the smallest number, it will probably be part of museum and about $13.

I am looking forward to this series. I very much enjoyed the Monster Fighters. My thoughts on the sets...

1) Mummy Museum -Very promising... Hopefully it'll be like a Creator set.

2) Plane - No great expectations... Always great to have a new plane.

3) Mystery Machine - DON'T SCREW THIS UP!... LEGO did great with the Delorean and Ecto1. They failed horribly with the TMNT van. This could make or break the series.

4) Lighthouse - Very promising... I too hope this set has some size to it! (1,000 + piece size)

5) Mansion - Why?... We already have a great spooky mansion set from the MF series.

Just my two cents...

Some of us missed out on the haunted house so I can't wait for some pics :excited:

Zoinks! I've just heard the news about the revealing of the Lego Scooby Doo set list via thebrickfan. It's been rumoured for a while now but here is the set list from a 'reliable source' so I'm assuming its ok to post here. :classic:

Mummy Museum Mystery (75900)

Mystery Plane Adventures (75901)

The Mystery Machine (75902)

Haunted Lighthouse (75903)

Mystery Mansion (75904)

My personal opinion is that these sets could be a winner if done correctly. The rumoured release date for these sets is May/June 2015. :classic:

See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-scooby-doo-2015-rumored-set-list/#sthash.3kXtW4PI.dpuf

Hopefully it should be based on the old school Scooby Doo cartoon, but I hope those human minifigures have standard heads.

I think'll they'll be normal. Really their heads aren't that different from the old cartoon. The head shapes are the same, just less defined, otherwise the notable differences are the new style eyes and the enlarged facial features. Really there's no reason to mess with molded heads.

Plus that set list seems almost like it could be based on the original series alone. Each set sounds like it could use a classic monster.

Mummy Museum Mystery (75900) The mummy of Ankha

Mystery Plane Adventures (75901) Could be the Black Knight, as he was chased by a plane in the first episode (It's how he was caught as I recall). Or the Space Kook as that mystery took place at an abandoned airfield.

The Mystery Machine (75902) The Creeper and Mr. Hyde are both known for sneaking into the mystery machine to scare the gang.

Haunted Lighthouse (75903) Could be red beard or captain cutler as both mysteries took place in water (Though I don't recall specifically if there was a lighthouse involved).

Mystery Mansion (75904) Frankenstein, Wolfman, the headless specter a number of others.

So I'd say odds are good it'll be based around the original series.

Edited by strangely

That list makes me think it'll be based on classic Scooby Doo. There's a lot of classic monsters that would make sense in those sets.

Mummy Museum Mystery (75900) Could be the mummy of Ankha

Mystery Plane Adventures (75901) Could be the Black Knight, as he was chased by a plane in the first episode (It's how he was caught as I recall). Or the Space Kook as that mystery took place at an abandoned airfield.

The Mystery Machine (75902) Possibly the Creeper or Mr. Hyde as both are known for sneaking into the Mystery Machine to scare the gang.

Haunted Lighthouse (75903) Could be Red Beard or Captain Cutler as both mysteries took place in water (Though I don't recall specifically if there was a lighthouse involved).

Mystery Mansion (75904) Could be Frankenstein, Wolfman, the Headless Specter just to name a few possibilities.

So I'm hoping it's all classic monsters at this point.

Edited by strangely