TheLegoPerson9

Do you have any other hobbies?

Yup,i guess i have a bunch of other Hobbies.

Besides keeping Insects and Birdeater Spiders in my Apartment i also collect 3inch Die Cast Cars (Hotwheels, Matchbox and a bunch of other), play Videogames (The Sims, Simcity, Cities Skylines, GTA), build 1/24 Scale Modelkits (already have a good stash of them for the cold Season) and go cycling.

I have two large hobbies:

I) LEGO

II) Theater/Acting

Smaller hobbies:

Doodling

writing

sleeping

eating

Edited by Actor Builder

Writing - This occupies a lot of my free time. I occasionally write short stories based on my dreams. At the moment I'm working on two manuscripts for academic journal publication. Not that fun.

Creative - I include LEGO MOCing in this umbrella category. It also includes painting, drawing, building art random things etc. I'm not really consistent with any one of these.

Hiking - I like exploring new areas and finding hidden waterfalls, radar towers and other neat stuff in the woods.

Target practice- Haven't done this one in a while though.

Reading - Currently sci-fi anthologies and a book on how to get your pilot's license.

I've got several. To name a few, I am into consuming and creating music, stories, games, and other such hobbies. I am also a hockey fan. Go Red Wings!

Oh definitely. I collect dice from a manufacturer called "Chessex". Anyone who plays D&D or any other table top RPG games should know about them. I don't play those types or games, but I've always been obsessed with dice even as a little kid. Anywho, Chessex dice have many many colors and designs, which is why I like to collect them. I also race 1:10 scale R/C on road stock/touring cars. I built my first car over the summer and I'm quite proud of it. It can hit 45mph full throttle with no issues. I'm also a huge NASCAR fan and watch the races every weekend. I even go to a few races every year. Being there in person is the best experience ever.

Im educated master cabinet maker, and thought it would lead me in the direction of becomming an architect. Instead i fell in love with carpenting and the joy of creating "art" with natural materials.

Things like this:

22663647621_54dff4ee11_o.jpg

22031287073_a93f27215b_o.jpg

Building with LEGO is another thing i take just as serious but its more of a meditation for me.

Well, so is the carpenting, thats just a hobby i make my living from :classic:

I like a ton of creative stuff--sketching, painting, drawing, sculpting on occasion, building things with metal or wood, carving, etc. I don't think I am a master any of them, though :look:

I also like to design card games / board games, and write, both prose (multiple topics/genres) and poetry, but that usually only when I am angry. It's impossible for me to write happy poetry (which doesn't mean it's never funny!)

Unfortunately, I often get great ideas and set to work on them, yet after that initial effort they get put on a shelf and I never find time for them again! :laugh: I guess I could say my greatest hobby is procrastinating! :tongue:

Im educated master cabinet maker, and thought it would lead me in the direction of becomming an architect. Instead i fell in love with carpenting and the joy of creating "art" with natural materials.

Things like this:

Building with LEGO is another thing i take just as serious but its more of a meditation for me.

Well, so is the carpenting, thats just a hobby i make my living from :classic:

These are seriously cool!!

Hmmm hobbies, they come and go in phases but I never stick at them long enough to become a true master... however climbing (indoor mostly and more usually bouldering), cycling, hiking, skiing (mountain/cross country, less alpine, incidentally this is what weened me off my first bout of lego addiction last winter), running, dolls houses (probably what stopped me playing with Lego as a kid, because I became a serious collector when I was 8/9), knitting, homebrewing beer (I dabble), gin (I take gin seriously), does travel count (if I don't have anyone to travel with I am liable just to head off somewhere for a month).

I like to think of myself as a fairly well rounded individual, but in truth I would take each of these hobbies in turn until and pursue them single-mindedly until I burn out (with an exception of a couple which are pretty constant in the background)

I really like HO Trains, but they are really expensive and time consuming, so I don't have a full layout yet; and the only time I get to drive HO Trains is if I go to a local club track and bring my Trains with me.

I also railfan, but I'm still a bit of an amateur at it, I don't have a scanner radio so I mostly chase local trains or visit museums to get train photos.

I like video games, but since I'm in college I left my Xbox 360 at home so I wouldn't have it as a distraction in my dorm room.

I'm also waiting for some snow and money to go skiing this winter! It's been 2 and a half years since my last chance to go skiing.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

For me, my main hobby for nearly 15 years has been modifying and upgrading cars. Currently building a supercharged 3.0 bmw. Keeps me out of trouble, until it's on the road with the screws ha ha

I am currently teaching myself precalculus to keep my brain occupied.

Basic to advanced algebra and trigonometry is what I am focusing on.

I still watch my batman the brave and the bold DVDs

I really enjoy painting and drawing, any kind of arts and crafts really. I also love to read. Playing the violin is another hobby that comes and goes depending on how motivated I am. I played for 4 years in school and am going to get back into it probably soon.

When I was young I did a lot of reading and B&W drawing; I gradually stopped drawing and don't read nearly as much anymore. I do a little hiking and I've done quite a bit of landscape photography in my area, especially the Blue Ridge Mountains (Cahas Mountain in particular because it's so close), and I enjoy the occasional game of basketball. And that's about all I have time for! Unless eating counts...

Just the usual Colorado stuff: camping, running, ultimate frisbee. I'm what you might call an "amateur music theorist". Basically, I'm a music nerd. However, no Billboard Hot 100 for me! I play several instruments very well: bass, guitar, piano, melodica, and harmonica.

I have a lot of hobbies, probably too many. Lol. I was a professional musician for a few years, so I am quite a talented guitarist if I say so myself. So music had always been my favorite hobby. But I have recently given up playing in bands or even playing anywhere outside of the home or for a select group of friends. My wife and I recently had a son, that was the biggest reason for the "change", but there are other reasons as well. Without going into to much detail, I have always had a lot of different passions, but being a functioning musician requires all of your "free time", so I was ready to do some other things. But music will always be my first love.

Some of my other hobbies include films (horror, sci fi, fantasy), sports (basketball, baseball, American football, boxing), video games and finally making YouTube videos. I have a fairly popular YouTube channel with a number of different kinds of videos. I have been working on my first brick film, which I plan to release eventually. I have also been considering posting reviews for some of my lego sets that don't have a ton of YouTube reviews.

I came out of my dark ages last Christmas. It was the first time since I was a kid that I actually purchased lego for myself. I have been hooked ever since. Although, during the summer months I did put the lego down for quite a while. But as soon as it started getting cold, and Christmas started approaching, I got the itch once again. I just really enjoy getting them as a gift at this point in my life, I have trouble trying to by myself anything else, lol.

Anything artsy or outdoorsy, I love to make things and enjoy nature. Crochet, jewelry making, painting, drawing, building, clay work, art journaling, sewing, stamp carving, writing, hiking, running, camping, reading, photography, science, baking/making organic chocolates/candies, making organic shampoo/conditioner/body wash/hand soap/household cleaner/laundry detergent/etc.