Sign in to follow this  
ust60

And some of my locos at work.

Hello Lego Railway friends

I'd like to introduce you to my railroad track in the attic. And some of my locos at work.

thanks for watching

Yours sincerely, Udo

Hi Udo,

thanks for sharing your pictures and videos of your trains! I really prefer your MOCs rather then the LEGO train sets which all of us have.

Did I get it right, you are using metal track and old 12V trafo to power all kind of trains? One trafo per circle? So you can run old 9V motors and modified PF motors which get their power from custom pic-ups as shown in some of your steamer pics?

What kind of axles do you use for the large train wheels? Seems like some extra metal inside the axle holes of the red triangles holding the large train wheels.

Keep on with your LEGO trains!

HoMa

Hello Lego Railway friends,

thank you for your kind comments. Thanks for the compliments.

Hello alias Younge,

under my name Udo. Is a link to my Flickr page. The BR 01 is the second album. There is under some images:

" Meine Version einer BR 01, inspiriert durch die BR 01 von Teddy alias Johan van den Heuvel "

" My version of a BR 01 BR inspired by the 01 from Teddy aka Johan van den Heuvel "

Johan van den Heuvel

The second locomotive is a BR 23. It is the third album. On my Flickr page. There is under

some pictures:

" My version of a German steam locomotive BR 23 is a tribute to the BR 23 by Ben Benecke "

" Meine Version einer Deutsche Dampflok BR 23, eine Hommage an die BR 23 von Ben Benecke "

Hello alias zephyr1934

my big steamladies could maybe use some parts. As for linkage to the drive wheels.

Hello alias kisper,

Thank you for the compliments.

Ciao Emanuele,

You've been so beautiful, and built so many steam locomotives. Your boss I can not catch up.

Hello my Swedish colleague Railway alias Selander,

I envy you your MOC s. The vast majority of can be recognized by your "signature". All are one and the same beautiful stem / Art.

Hello Holger,

may I ask you to translate into English? My English is very bad.

Zu deinen Fragen, um meine Züge fahren zu Lassen nutze ich zu Zeit, zwei 9 Volt Trafos und zwei alte 12 Volt Trafos, die Verkabelung läst zu wünschen übrig ( im Moment ) langfristig sollen drei 9 Volt und drei 12 Volt Trafos die Stromversorgung für separate Teilstücke übernehmen.

Die 12 Volt Trafos können besser den Strombedarf decken. Bei den Dampfladys fährt jede mit zwei 9 Volt Motoren im Tender und zwei weiteren PF-Motoren im Kessel, das heißt wenn zwei Dampfladys fahren saugen acht Motoren Strom. Beim Maerks-Zug arbeiten sechs 9 Volt Motoren. Da kann man sich vorstellen was an Strom benötigt wird.

9 Volt schienen und selbst gemachte Stromabnehmer ?? Ja zu teil Standardmäßig, können die alte V 100 Lego Set 7750 und die beiden Santa Fe Super Chief Lokomotiven Lego Set 10020 mit den Antriebseinheiten 88002 angetrieben werden

LUEeW7dl.jpg

58mqakwl.jpg

BEm3kZPl.jpg

wwG4KHsl.jpg

Die BR 23 war auch mit Stromabnehmer ausgestattet und konnte damit sehr wohl autonom auch ohne Tender Wagons Ziehen

QjiSFHgl.jpg

zum Ende des Videos sieht man wie die BR 23 solo ohne Kohlentender fährt. Nur mit der Kraft der PF-Motoren im Kessel, ab 6:40 Minuten

thanks for watching

Yours sincerely, Udo

Edited by ust60

You have a great collection and space to run them. :thumbup: Good idea with using copper desoldering braid(?) for electric pickup.

Hello Railway friends

Yesterday was my friend and neighbor René aka "Meisterschnorrer" with me. He brought some of his locomotives. And then we have "played" together with our locomotives.

The thirteen (13) piece Super Chief, with parts of René and me Combines I liked show you.

thanks for watching

Yours sincerely, Udo

Totally amazing. Brilliant layout and brilliant locos. I would love an attic full of Lego trains; unfortunately in London you're lucky if you have a whole attic to live in, so that might be a goal for a somewhat distant future (/retirement).

If I'm completely honest, I did find myself fast-forwarding quite a lot of the bits where the camera is on the train - there are only so many times I can watch something going around an identical 90 degree bend. I much prefer the wider shots, especially when you have more than one running at a time.

Hi Udo!

Love your trains! I don't think I'll be able to afford MOCs for the foreseeable future. At this point, I'm happy building extra carriages for my Lego trains and playing with different geometries.

About the geometries, I really liked the corner you have in your layout. I've tried to reproduce it in Bluebrick, but I'm unable to do it. I can't make the tracks fit withuot "forcing them" and I dont really like to do that.

It may be the time of the day (4:25am), the fact that I'm doing this while I do my night shift at work (don't tell my boss), or most likely that I'm really new to the Lego Train world (just 3-4 months, hehe~). Any chance you can share your layout in BB or similar? As you can see in my printscreen below, I can't make it fit! :-)

Hp4eWGx.png

Hello Lego Railway friends

I am pleased with the many friendly feedback. It's nice for me if it's good like you. Thanks for that.

Hello alias gololo,

I feel that as a great compliment. You're trying to build after a part of my railway layout. Unfortunately, I can not really help you. I simply plugged in only rails together. Real rails without blue brick Progam. If there is a small "difference" is in your file.

Dan is not really noticeable in real construction. A noticeable "bracing" I do not see real.

I set another video. Look in 57 seconds. I think I see my layout is slightly narrower.

The "siding" has a 180 ° turn without straight track pieces. I hope I helped you a little

thanks for watching

Yours sincerely, Udo

Hey Udo,

Nice videos!

I love your idea for the power pick-up. Ever thought of using this also in cars, like in passenger cars for internal light or for the last car to have rear lights?

The "siding" has a 180 ° turn without straight track pieces. I hope I helped you a little

Nah, I'm not able to reproduce your layout in Bluebrick perfectly. I'll guess I'll have to try some more nights. Hehe :-)

Thanks anyways