Also, I've decided that I'm going to awkwardly insert a 2 into each of these new Toa's names.

2wa

2paka

on2a

poha2

2hu

I can't figure out where to put the 2 in Gali's name though.

G2li.

The sequel-number-substitutions never really make sense anyway.

The fact that they changed air to wind seems kinda strange. It might further imply we're getting a reboot. (Which I'm hoping we don't) but regardless of that I'm not real pleased with the change, but wind is better than jungle. It's a minor thing anyway.

Also, it looks to me that the "defenders" have their element rather than a name on the front of the box. So maybe their generic characters like the bohrok or skrall?

After seeing the large photo of the display.. unless this is a very convincing fake, I'm on board. :-D

Tahu looks awesome, on the main poster and with the lava board on his set packaging. I'm hoping the gold blades are somehow swirled with trans-red. It would make for an interesting effect. I am a little bummed that his hands appear silver on his box packaging while on the display board they are black. :-/

Onua's got a hammer-thingy? What is he, a Norse God?

And a black Gorzan plate. YES.

Kopaka.. is Kopaka. Looks a little top-heavy with the armor, but I like it. Those blades too. Mask looks about right.

Can't really say he's Takanuva now that I see those blades.

Lewa looks less like himself, but I can make out his classic mask's 'smile' and I like the bright green that comes with him.

Gali and Pohatu (I assume these are them) look the least like their old selves. Maybe Pohatu's tan, maybe he's not. The white doesn't look right on him. Those boomerang things on the other hand.. very cool. Also appears that his legs are bulked up a little. Not a fan of that mask, though. I'll need a better view.

Gali.. whoever said her mask looks like the 'Mask of Light' movie-version.. I have to agree. It's either that, or this is the awkward lovechild of Gali and Takadox :-P

To me, she's got a bit too much gunmetal on her, and the pick-ax weapon is a little bit of a strange choice.

All appear to have 2.0 Hero-feet, and the little-guys (Defenders?) have the small 'Invasion From Below' monster feet. Not bad looking on these little guys.

Part of me wonders if they're Matoran, or Agori villagers. Some of the darker-colored ones look like they could be bad guys, but they are fighting spiders.. hmm.

Gotta say, I love the potential of purple and trans together as one. All the little guy masks look the same, though, and that kind of disappoints me.

Also, the gold masks. Some look cool. I wonder what their story purpose will be?

And the spiders. Wicked cool. Every set has a variety of a spider, much like each of the 'IFB' sets has a little beastie to fight, or the classic 'Bionicle' sets had Kratta. The spider's backs looked like that to me. Nice and organic-like.

Is it just me, or does that big spider look to use a Hero-Factory add-on chest armor part for a head? I see spider eyes on there in red. Kind of cool, actually. Seems a lot like a Chima set we saw, not long ago.. Spiders must be popular!

Here's hoping it's got a good story line. I'm kind of hoping that this is indeed a reboot, or an alternate universe or something.

For now, I look forward to seeing and hearing more updates. :-)

Seeing that big colored image of the new Bionicle sets gave me a smile I couldn't get of for about 5 minutes. Now I'm not someone who normally jumps onto the Hype-Train, but this a rare exception.

Now the long wait for 2015 to get here begins.

Seeing that big colored image of the new Bionicle sets gave me a smile I couldn't get of for about 5 minutes. Now I'm not someone who normally jumps onto the Hype-Train, but this a rare exception.

Remember, buying Hero Factory help shows there's a market for constraction lines... :U

Believe it or not, yes! The throwbots were originally designed to be sold at vending machines in various areas so children could buy them with pocket change. Varderan from TTV made an autopsy video that stated this.

I never thought of that, but given the Throwbots' packaging, that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps LEGO is really dusting off its shelves, so to speak. If I weren't aware of the evidence for Bionicle's return, I would probably dismiss all these reports as part of a hoax. Truth can be stranger than fiction, trite as that may sound.

That isn't exactly what was stated in the video; the leaker told us that he came across a file with the word "dispenser" in it (or an image with the word "dispenser" on it, IDK for sure), and that naturally lead him to think of some kind of collectible dispenser.

Just posting this for clarification's sake! Collectible masks or spiders are a definite possibility, but he did not see anything specific.

I'm thinking it's something similar to a box that my TRU hangs on the end of the MEGA BLOKS shelf uses for dispensing the blind bags for Halo, WoW and Power Rangers.

Sold. The Toa are definitely day 1 purchases. I'm getting all of them!

I'll take my time to analyze the picture to see how they're designed... But first of, I just want to say that I'm kinda disappointed that they all seem to use the Superheroes chest piece. I was hoping for a little more diversity in that aspect.

EDIT: Look at the 'boxes' on the top row. It seems the new Bionicle sets retain HF's bagged packaging (or the Defenders at least).

Edited by Lockon Stratos

They're all two-dimensional so it's hard to tell, but I see where you're coming from. I liked the bags, but I'm okay if we see some new types of packaging. Experimentation in packaging has always been a cool part of constraction lines in general.

That mask at the top is really freaking me out. It looks like it's shouting at me. But why? (Also I can't see it included in any of the sets, will it be saved for the Summer 2015 line-up?)

Other than that, this is really exciting. It's good that a spider comes with each set, as it gives more of what BZPower would call 'Playability'! I noticed this happen in IfB, and I was hoping the same thing would happen with BIONICLE.

I still can't quite work out Lewa's mask and what's happening there. Did they completely remove the smile?

All in all- Seriously hyped right now!

Same here, and honestly, I've missed the wait. I've missed trying to figure out blurry pics, then seeing them clearly...then finally getting the sets. I hope they have a big story for it again.

Whoa!!! I guess I have to continue buying each versions of Tahu and Lewa!

Can't wait for more detailed pictures :sweet:

And it looks like each Toa has different golden armour pieces, maybe it's like the Stars again where you put them to make one golden Toa with the golden mask we've never seen before?

Edited by Ceroknight

actually, those gold pieces are all copies of the respective Toas' masks, presumably to reference the 2002(?) storyline.

Remember guys, these are still in the prototype stage. They are subject to change, especially if they end up being a Summer release like the 2013 Chima Ultrabuilds.

actually, those gold pieces are all copies of the respective Toas' masks, presumably to reference the 2002(?) storyline.

I meant the actual armour pieces on the toa :wink:

Whoa!!! I guess I have to continue buying each versions of Tahu and Lewa!

Can't wait for more detailed pictures :sweet:

And it looks like each Toa has different golden armour pieces, maybe it's like the Stars again where you put them to make one golden Toa with the golden mask we've never seen before?

Yeah, not sure what that's about. Could be as trivial as say the Golden Fleece from God of War, or maybe a sign that it's a continuation considering the significance of the golden armour, the latter of which I hope it isn't.

That banner at the top is made in CGI, so it could just be the artwork. Also, these are preliminary images.

That mask looks pretty much on its final stage, though. And yes, it's made in CGI but it's obviously a model that might very well exist in set form.

That mask at the top is really freaking me out. It looks like it's shouting at me. But why? (Also I can't see it included in any of the sets, will it be saved for the Summer 2015 line-up?)

It might be an Ignika-like case- it was hinted at during 2006, shown in 2007 but only in 2008 did we get it in set form (and only in 2009 in gold). So, whatever this mysterious mask is, we might indeed get it in set form in summer.

I gotta say though, it doesn't look as cool as the Avokhii or the Vahi- it's probably due to the mouth. But I'll get used to it I guess.

I must say, the mask does looks very, Polynesian, in terms of influence. It fits with 2001's tribal Maori-influenced theme, though it doesn't resemble the other Kanohi of that era of Bionicle. That and the fact it is on a pedestal on the front of the display is very curious indeed.

Just some speculation on my part: Lord of Skull Spiders doesn't make much sense - I'm thinking that either 1) it's supposed to be 'Lord of Mask Spiders' instead or something along those lines and 'mask' got translated wrongly to 'skull', or 2) Lego retconned masks to be now called skulls, which sounds a little ridiculous. Just throwing it out there.

They're all two-dimensional so it's hard to tell, but I see where you're coming from. I liked the bags, but I'm okay if we see some new types of packaging. Experimentation in packaging has always been a cool part of constraction lines in general.

Yeah, just a guess. Not going to start the whole packaging debate again, but I don't see why Lego won't stick to the bags. Unless Lego manages to come up with some ingenius new idea for packaging, like you suggest.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/64f0e5376ca37c0c352d17a33ab54ac0/tumblr_n9acwobWZ21qgz3yto1_r1_500.gif

That should help with seeing the Mata-Nui symbol on the mask.

-Star

Wow, I didn't notice that before. Good eye! I wonder what significance that new mask has.