I'm pretty sure it's August, but there was a website saying it was july. But I have feeling we could see them on shelves next month.

Was there a time where they weren't released before street dates? I remember getting my summer sets usually in June. ._.

I remember getting Glatorian Mata Nui the week I finished school that year (which is mid-May where I live). Were the Legends released earlier than most summer waves or can they potentially be found as soon as May?

I remember getting Glatorian Mata Nui the week I finished school that year (which is mid-May where I live). Were the Legends released earlier than most summer waves or can they potentially be found as soon as May?

I think they were just released early because I don't remember summer sets ever being released as early as them.

August 1st has been the typical release time for mainline constraction for the past few years. As always, somebody will break street date, and you'll find them earlier. If somebody does get them earlier, a review would probably depend on how strict an embargo in place would be.

Isn't VBBN due to review the Summer sets in June or July?

That is not guranteed, that is entirely dependent on what sites get what from Lego for review. It may happen, it may not, I wouldn't count on it as a sure thing.

Oh, that is delicious.

Definitely something I want to see done on all of the Toa. Although I'm not very confident in my ability to chrome the parts myself, and getting them professionally done is going to be quite pricey (I had planned on getting the gold masks all done anyway)

How would you even chrome plastic like that?

How would you even chrome plastic like that?

It's usually done via vacuum metalizing (as opposed to a paint). It's also how official Lego parts are produced (An obvious example would be the VMKK)- and why getting chrome parts off of BL or the like is so expensive.

If I was doing it myself I'd probabaly use a chrome stretch film.

Yeah that's what I meant. I'm aware of vac-metal, I meant how could you do chrome yourself like that at home.

Ah yeah then i'd use the stretch film, or also the chrome kit that Alsa sells...all comes down to price.

Relating this to the topic at hand, that Pohatu was definitely vacuu-chromed.

(the writer of the minisodes)

Yeah! I already saw it. It was pretty good and cool! :thumbup: Very inspirational! At least we got some of our questions answered too - Maybe people can complain less about the Webisodes. Remember this is only the first part of the interview so there's more. OMG can't wait! Get Hype! Remilia! Senketsu! Tahuuuuuuuuuu! jfdkagkjarhhmmmjebfjwgfq!

I am so sorry bout that... :blush:

@Mesonak: oh speeking of which; is the next part coming out later tomorrow?

Edited by Phoenix_Flare

Yeah, the interview actually gave a lot of interesting information--and I'm glad to hear that these animations were, more or less, an experiment. While I do greatly enjoy the animations, they are just too short....But turn the art style into a full-length TV show, and then I'm sure BIONICLE Gen 2 would be even better. :wink:

But I do feel bad for LOSS.....Not even Merlin Mann likes him. :laugh:

Edited by LN-01354

Does the spray-on chrome work just as well?

You mean like what you'd buy in a store? Usually no, most of the ones with a chrome lid dont even spray chrome, they just produce a shiney tin color. Best bet would be the killer chrome spray kit from Alsa. But again I'm not sure how thick that would come out on these parts, especially the masks

RIP anyone left that still thought Gen 1 connection with Vahi was real

Edited by Mandate

I mean it's great that the sole single source for the theory finally put something out saying they were wrong, but the panel at NYCC in October said it was a reboot and I'm still stumped that people thought that wasn't enough. Regardless it's good to finally move forward from that avenue.

RIP anyone left that still thought Gen 1 connection with Vahi was real

Not to rekindle the flames of the Vahi debate, but from the transcript alone, I see nothing suggesting that, aside from the conclusion that the TTV team seems to jump to. On the contrary:

I think that you could actually argue that since they weren’t changed all that much that… I don’t think it’s that strange that people would assume, in a way, there is some sort of continuation going on here. I don’t know the entire story, and I DEFINITELY don’t know the plans ahead, but I would assume that, if not actual things from the first line are going to pop up, at least inspiration from that will keep coming up and connections to that will keep popping up. It’s still the foundation to the whole thing even though it’s a reboot.

Also, "Rest in Peace?"

Getting violent now, are we? =P

He (like the team before him) says very succinctly "it's a reboot not a continuation" which should really be all that is necessary. His quote you're bringing up here says "well we didn't change them that much, so it's not weird that people assumed they were the same. And while we might bring actual items or things from the first line, as it's the foundation, you'll definitely see inspiration and homages from it." Which is all stuff we already knew.

He (like the team before him) says very succinctly "it's a reboot not a continuation" which should really be all that is necessary.

As I said before, I have no desire to reawaken the debate. Whether or not a reboot precludes any connections to Gen1 is, as far as I can tell, one of the primary sources of disagreement. My point was that nothing in the the interview advances the debate either way. Mr. Mann does not, as Jay suggests, put the nail in the coffin of the Vahi-hypothesis. Either it has already been struck, or it has yet to.

As I said before, I have no desire to reawaken the debate. Whether or not a reboot precludes any connections to Gen1 is, as far as I can tell, one of the primary sources of disagreement. My point was that nothing in the the interview advances the debate either way. Mr. Mann does not, as Jay suggests, put the nail in the coffin of the Vahi-hypothesis. Either it has already been struck, or it has yet to.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or Eljay when you say "Jay" and seeing as I don't remember Eljay speaking at the time the Vahi was brought up, then I'm astounded someone actually remembered my original username, let alone refer to me with it :blush:

But I do agree with you, the final nail has yet to be put in the coffin. From what Merlin said, it's safe to assume that at the very least the story team is still working on the concepts at hand and that we won't get a definitive answer until either the Vahi does show up or the line ends, and assuming it doesn't happen people will claim it was a "planned feature". A link between worlds ( :grin:) doesn't necessarily have to be in the form of the Vahi; Vezon and Brutaka both had Olmaks at one point and there's always the hundred billion other dimensions where everyone was mercilessly slaughtered for entertainment by the Grand Author Farshtey that might show up :tongue:. Only time will tell if they choose to go down this path (no pun intended).

Edited by Mandate

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or Eljay when you say "Jay" and seeing as I don't remember Eljay speaking at the time the Vahi was brought up, then I'm astounded someone actually remembered my original username, let alone refer to me with it :blush:

I was referring to you. Heck, it's been less than a year since you had that username. I don't forgot things that easily (mind you, the real fun comes from remebering little details about people's pasts that they forgot they told you.) =P