D8 *Sputters uncontrollably*

It stands for Knights of the Old Republic.

Voted(and deserved by far!) best game of 2002. It spawned the sequel SW:TOR:tSL*, and one of the best paid/f2p MMORPGs out there, SW:TOR**.

*Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Sith Lords

**Star Wars: The Old Republic***

***It should be noted that The Sith Lords happens before SW:TOR, and is not an offshoot of that game, although it is referenced multiple times. TOR(The Old Republic) is a catch-all term for that era, approximately 3,000 - 2,000 years before TPM. Although, technically, the Old Republic can refer to any point of that 3,000 year span...

ILLUSIONS, Michael.

No idea why, but I chuckled at this. Is it a quote from somewhere?

And lo, 92 people are viewing this topic...

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but someone on the TTV Boards pointed out some interesting clips on the Mask of Creation:

c708ad93b3be47a9.jpg

Voted(and deserved by far!) best game of 2002. It spawned the sequel SW:TOR:tSL*, and one of the best paid/f2p MMORPGs out there, SW:TOR**.

*Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Sith Lords

**Star Wars: The Old Republic***

***It should be noted that The Sith Lords happens before SW:TOR, and is not an offshoot of that game, although it is referenced multiple times. TOR(The Old Republic) is a catch-all term for that era, approximately 3,000 - 2,000 years before TPM. Although, technically, the Old Republic can refer to any point of that 3,000 year span...

Ah, SW:TOR... best MMORPG ever, IMO

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Having read the last few pages, I think it's safe to say we've noticed it XD.

Reminds me of the old knights' kingdom sets. Always hated how they looked under the helmets...

No idea why, but I chuckled at this. Is it a quote from somewhere?

Arrested Development =P. Whenever the character Gob, who works as a magician, performs, people call what he does "magic tricks"; he tends to correct them, them usually being his brother Michael, by insisting that they are "illusions". There's more of the quote, but it's not quite appropriate for the board.

And lo, 92 people are viewing this topic, with more coming in every minute...

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but someone on the TTV Boards pointed out some interesting clips on the Mask of Creation:

We have noticed! It's very exciting that the masks will likely be this style going forward. It's new and innovative (although I don't know how well it settles the "helmets v. masks" debate).

Edited by Dorek

We have noticed! It's very exciting that the masks will likely be this style going forward. It's new and innovative (although I don't know how well it settles the "helmets v. masks" debate).

Oh, okay.

If all of the new masks attach like this, there's a chance for some interesting looking heads underneath...

Edited by Jakura Nuva

And lo, 92 people are viewing this topic...

c708ad93b3be47a9.jpg

Looks like it will act like a visor, then. Not a bad thing.

Ah, SW:TOR... best MMORPG ever, IMO

Rank 50 Smuggler Scoundrel. You?

somehow, i feel that this could fit that description.. (credit to brickthing)

That is beautiful...That's the sort of building we need more of.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Arrested Development =P. Whenever the character Gob, who works as a magician, performs, people call what he does "magic tricks"; he tends to correct them, them usually being his brother Michael, by insisting that they are "illusions".

I thought you were making a joke about Bionicle's element naming system, like how they use "Sonics" instead of "sound".

Guys,...Check Facebook. And twitter. And Bzpower. Here you go:https://www.facebook...ionicle?fref=nf (front page,anybody ?)

Uh yeah, that's what we've all been talking about.

That's cool! Glad for y'all Bionicle fans!

Thank you! It's really nice to see people who - even if they don't like a theme - don't outright bash it. Like almost every non-constraction-fan on Brickset.

I'm writing a story of the Toa of Hype!

The Toa of Hype was sent by the Great Beings, when Mata Nui was finally cured, He travelled to the Hero Factory via the Mask of Space Travelling which allowed the Toa to travel via moons from Spherus Magna. And a few years, he travelled to Makuhero City, and when he was going through the city, he was called the "intruder" by its citizens, and he infiltrates the Hero Factory for its mission plans..

Anyone thinking of a Toa of Magic... with a CAPE and a WAND???

I'll let Jak speak for me

*Sputters uncontrollably*

@Lind Whisperer

Rank 5/6 Jedi Knight - had to restart my account the other day, sadly :/

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Anyone thinking of a Toa of Magic... with a CAPE and a WAND???

capes would be cool, not so sure about wands though.

Speaking of capes and that new mask connection, I see constraction dark helmet moc coming...

But in all seriousness, really excited for the new mask design.

Arrested Development =P. Whenever the character Gob, who works as a magician, performs, people call what he does "magic tricks"; he tends to correct them, them usually being his brother Michael, by insisting that they are "illusions". There's more of the quote, but it's not quite appropriate for the board.

Got it.

I always thought that they were robots wearing masks as extra shielding. Think of them as wielding hoods. You could call them helmets, but they're really shaped like more of a mask.

I'll let Jak speak for me

First time I've been called Jak - I like it :P

And that's a really good perspective, Lind - never thought of it like that.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

somehow, i feel that this could fit that description.. (credit to brickthing)

Something tells me if Lego released a Toa that looked like that, the Maori lawsuit would pale in comparison to the result :P

Something tells me if Lego released a Toa that looked like that, the Maori lawsuit would pale in comparison to the result :P

What I though of instantly after for some reason:

The only question is who would be suing...Am I the only one who is getting a strange combination of Zulu* and Maori from the build, with a hint of something else?

*The shield is shaped just like Zulu shields in the Boer wars.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

I love how the mask of creation currently looks. Seems complex and regal enough to fit its description.

Edited by Timeline15

The song sounds really like it was from Tibet, Lind.

Anyway, does any of you have the youtube link to the video? On G+ I can't click the right button or something, because I see the yt bar but can't open it on yt.

toa of magic... magic is friendship.... toa of friendship, anyone?

That would certainly help the toa mata split up less often.

EDIT: changed my profile pic to what I imagine a toa of magic would look like. (after several attempts, I have not found a better way to post this photo XD)

Edited by Timeline15

The song sounds really like it was from Tibet, Lind.

Anyway, does any of you have the youtube link to the video? On G+ I can't click the right button or something, because I see the yt bar but can't open it on yt.

I was talking about what popped into my head after seeing this, not after the video...

10014709115_7c4700d8d8_s.jpgTribull by Brickthing, on Flickr