Please tell me that they're not going to try to pull a Star Wrek 2009 on us and have the Toa change the future by mistake or something...a reboot would be better than that... :brick:

But if it's just a prequel, that matches up surprisingly well. By definition, it's not a continuation, since it's before the main story, and since it's near the beginning of the story, technology seems more like magic.

Huh. Bionicle, you just made your storyline deep again.

Honestly, a prequel would be dull, knowing the eventual fate of all the major characters concerned already, and indeed, the entire truth of the matoran universe. A continuation however, would allow them to actually add more to it, maybe actually develop spherus magna a little.

KotOR is one of the most mesmerizing Star Wars stories of all time, and we already know that the Sith aren't going to rule the galaxy. Prequels can be awesome, they just need an awesome writing staff.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

not sure what KoTOR is, but the star wars prequel films didn't follow luke and company, they followed people who were either old or dead, or on a different side in the original films. Bionicle is still following the mata, who, last time I checked, were all still alive and the good guys, and always had been.

Edited by Timeline15

KotOR HK-47 Ultrabuild incoming? Im a little disappointed in Hero Factory ending, just because we could use some more constraction than one theme at a time. Droids line?

Edited by InfurnallDragon

I fail to see how that proves it's a continuation.

Because I'm a retard, I meant it confirms it's not a CONTINUATION

Going back to the topic of the Mask of Creation, it may be able to attach to the sides of certain other masks. After all, they have the ear-holes, and the Mask of Creation has little visor clips on the sides. Just a crazy theory, but still possible...Also, October 9th still feels like it's an eternity away.

It could very well take place before the Great Cataclysm. In fact, at the very beginning of the Matoran Universe. Take into consideration that the Toa Mata were already around before the events after the Great Cataclysm. Keep in mind they were trained by Hydraxon and even had at least one mission in Karda Nui (as far as I recall). One of those missions might have been recovering the Mask of Creation from the place where it was kept prior to Arthaka and Karzahni fighting for the honor to wear it. The fact that the Toa are going on a quest to collecting masks of power again may be irritating, but could work with the storyline that has already been established. For one, it has never been stated that the Kanohi masks of power that the Toa wear are unique, meaning that each Toa had their very specific Kanohi Hau, Akaku and so on, which would make little sense anyway, as it would give the 12 Kanohi masks of the first BIONICLE year more importance as compared to other Kanohi masks. From a logic point of view, the Toa should be able to wear ANY mask of power, rather than having masks of power assigned to each one of them. It is thus conceivable that the Toa already had to collect masks of power prior to the Cataclysm. Logically, they would not be able to use them after that event since they invoke their masks of power through their suva and fail to do so over arbitrary distances, which became obvious when the Toa Nuva travelled to Karda Nui.

-Gata signoff.png

I guess that could work, I just don't see them going in that direction. I'm really hoping for a continuation, but not sure if that's gonna happen either, Although seeing this new announcement gives me a little more hope.

Going back to the topic of the Mask of Creation, it may be able to attach to the sides of certain other masks. After all, they have the ear-holes, and the Mask of Creation has little visor clips on the sides. Just a crazy theory, but still possible...Also, October 9th still feels like it's an eternity away.

Hype train needs to be upgraded with the Flux Capacitor.

So is it too likely that we wont get the preview site til NYCC like the Mixels' SDCC? I need more hype fuel if I'm going to make the train hit trime travel speeds.

He didn't say that either. In typical greg fashion, he found a way to dance around a question he isn't allowed to answer.

The fact that the new story team even had to consult him on stuff suggests that what happened before has bearing on what happens now, so I'm still holding out hope for a continuation. Now, by that I don't mean that I want them to pick the great beings arc up where it left off or anything, I just want a new story in a universe where the old story still happened.

Going back to the topic of the Mask of Creation, it may be able to attach to the sides of certain other masks. After all, they have the ear-holes, and the Mask of Creation has little visor clips on the sides.

Wearing a mask over a mask? That would really be something. It only ever happened once before that I remember, and that was in Legends of Metru Nui.

Edited by Timeline15

Hype train needs to be upgraded with the Flux Capacitor.

So is it too likely that we wont get the preview site til NYCC like the Mixels' SDCC? I need more hype fuel if I'm going to make the train hit trime travel speeds.

Don't worry - the Mass Speculation Generator will give you enough Angry Rant Fuel to go into time hyperspace.

And we were saying that the announcement would be a dull day...It almost makes you think that LEGO has had experience in marketing...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

For those thinking prequel, remember that Artakha (who created the Toa Mata) had the mask BEFORE creating them (see BS01's timeline for more info!) so take that into consideration when adapting.

Please tell me that they're not going to try to pull a Star Wrek 2009 on us and have the Toa change the future by mistake or something...a reboot would be better than that... :brick:

I would kind of be okay with it if it hadn't already been established that AU's are essentially meaningless since there's an infinite amount of them (BioShock made it work, surprisingly, but that's a rarity). An epic time-travel story would suit me fine, but they need to emphasize that this universe that we're going into is important, as important as the previous one.

Well consider my previous post pointless then.

so... it seems we lost the brake now.... any idea, guys?

Sit back and enjoy the ride?

I just want a new story in a universe where the old story still happened.

exactly this. :thumbup:

Guess who's returning? BIONICLE is back!

I really like the new logo as well as the Mask of Creation!

I'm writing a story of the Toa of Hype!

The Toa of Hype was sent by the Great Beings, when Mata Nui was finally cured, He travelled to the Hero Factory via the Mask of Space Travelling which allowed the Toa to travel via moons from Spherus Magna. And a few years, he travelled to Makuhero City, and when he was going through the city, he was called the "intruder" by its citizens, and he infiltrates the Hero Factory for its mission plans..

Hope you like my story!

The mask is made from "raw magic"? K.

Anyway, I AM PUMPED! (Yes, I just used caps.) Does the fact that this is the Mask of Creation suggest a continuation? I really hope not, because I like the old story the way it is.

Now we all have to jump in a hype spaceship, piloted by a constraction figure of Benny, and move at hyperspace towards 2015!

Anyone thinking of a Toa of Magic... with a CAPE and a WAND???

What you said reminded me of the Wiztastics from Mixels, specifically Magnifo.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Anyone thinking of a Toa of Magic... with a CAPE and a WAND???

i'm fine with cape, but not wand. i'll prefer staff.

Does the fact that this is the Mask of Creation suggest a continuation? I really hope not, because I like the old story the way it is.

You mean with a dozen unfinished plot threads?

You mean with a dozen unfinished plot threads?

I'm not talking about the web serials. I'm talking about the main continuity. Mata Nui reforming Spherus Magna and the Agori and Matoran living happily together is a good way to end one story. This gives LEGO the chance to make a fresh, new one.

Of course, the new line could have been a reboot, but since Greg said otherwise (source, please?), it will probably be some sort of time-travel or dimension-hopping story (if it is not a continuation). However, that might prove to be VERY confusing for new fans.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

i'm fine with cape, but not wand. i'll prefer staff.

too late the canon Toa of Magic now wields one of those terrible children's wands made in china with a glittery star on the end and there's nothing you can do about it

Of course, it could have been a reboot, but since Greg said otherwise, it will probably be some sort of time-travel or dimension-hopping story

Greg hasn't said otherwise about anything. he told someone not to make assumptions. He wasn't trying to hint at anything. he was specifically trying to hint at nothing. he's not in a position to answer the questions that people are asking him.

too late the canon Toa of Magic now wields one of those terrible children's wands made in china with a glittery star on the end and there's nothing you can do about it

As long as the toa are purple, I'm fine with that.

Edited by Timeline15